A Message to the police ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh come on. Threads purporting to be about the BNP and racism were latterly just cover to use the N-word, the P-word and to bandy racist comments around. The line was crossed, the police acted, Bozza did the right thing and some order is restored.

Bozza did indeed do the right thing - both to protect himself and NSC - but that doesn't mean there wasn't an over reaction from the police. If they'd bothered to do some investigating ( something I was lead to believe they are good at ) then they would have seen that the moderation on this board was fair and in proportion. I'd bet my mortgage they didn't even look at the banning thead !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There are a lot of boring threads about pointless politics, let's get back to discussing just how shithouse El Abd is at left back for the moment.......... please

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would call it an over-reaction. The BNP is the hot topic, the police don't want trouble, where better to start than some major football websites? They review the threads, see some racism and issue a warning.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
There are a lot of boring threads about pointless politics, let's get back to discussing just how shithouse El Abd is at left back for the moment.......... please

But past "El Abd is shit" the thread kinda grinds to a halt !

Is it me or is NSC very slow tonight ( probably some GCHQ spider running ! ) ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't call it an over-reaction. The BNP is the hot topic, the police don't want trouble, where better to start than some major football websites? They review the threads, see some racism and issue a warning.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Guys, think this is just the sort of thread we are avoiding ...

Can we stick to ...

What's your favourite soup?
When are the fixtures out?
My girlfriend slept with the coal man, should I get PS3 or Wii?
Cox was on the piss, alledgedly, is that OK?

Thanks,

Tim

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
i understand your sentiment, we're all uneasy about the whole thing, but prob best lie low for a bit, till this blows over

But that's exactly the point - as CovGull infured - we're sleepwalking into a police state - look at Damien Green - now is not the time to lie low, now is the time to speak up. I fully understand that Bozza had to do what he did but it doesn't make what the police did right. Unfortunately the police, if they do bother to comment ( my guess is they are too cowardly to do so ) will hide behind legal jargon which most people are too frightened to fight against !

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
But that's exactly the point - as CovGull infured - we're sleepwalking into a police state - look at Damien Green - now is not the time to lie low, now is the time to speak up. I fully understand that Bozza had to do what he did but it doesn't make what the police did right. Unfortunately the police, if they do bother to comment ( my guess is they are too cowardly to do so ) will hide behind legal jargon which most people are too frightened to fight against !

Unfortunately thats the kind of world we're living in, we're constantly watching our backs, careful about what we say in case of retribution. This sadly is the current climate, the status quo and unless the masses revolt against it then things will only get worse. This will never happen as the brits seem to moan alot (about paying so many taxes council tax, petrol tax etc.) but put up with it (we're one of the highest taxed countries in the world)

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Sussex Police and the police around the country have been given too much power by the government, when the tories get in power they get even more powers and we will end up almost in a state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here