Status
Not open for further replies.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Too a certain extent yes. But the PC zealots assume that because people can see the funny side to racist jokes, disabled jokes, sick jokes etc, then they are a racist/sicko whatever. That I think is just crap.

I have no problem other cultures mocking christianity/whites.

I have been called a racist, nazi and one poster called me scum. I didn't run to the mods. People need to grow up

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You have lost me there El. Then why the problem. I'm confused

If someone 'perhaps' posted something that was in jest, and someone with no sense of humour took offence and posted it to the police, and the police equally have no sense of irony or humour so have treated it as a hate crime, then is there any need to ban the original poster?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
If someone 'perhaps' posted something that was in jest, and someone with no sense of humour took offence and posted it to the police, and the police equally have no sense of irony or humour so have treated it as a hate crime, then is there any need to ban the original poster?

Oh I understand it now. Does the Poster know that their post was considered a hate crime? Only fair to warn them

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Does the Poster know that their post was considered a hate crime?

Only if they had half a brain. There has been quite a lot of legislation/publicity on the issue in the last 30 years.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This whole thing really really pisses me off.

What about free speech??

And have the police really got nothing better to do? How about they spend a bit more time looking for the bastards who broke into my house a few months back and less time worrying about what's posted on a message board.

As I said in an earlier post, the term "police assistance" is a real freaking oxymoron.

Blimey!
I was told about your shut down by Sweeney Todd on HOL yesterday.
Bit harsh wasn't it?
After reading up on this though,I can understand why the powers that be would take such action.I know we're the bitterest of enemies but I've grown fond of this site.It's the smilies,always with the smilies!
Keep on going lads.Who else would I have to troll?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
"Many a true word is spoken in jest", I saw this guy on the telly the other night and he really hits the nail on the head with regard to Political Correctness, Offending people and Health and Safety.

[yt]TAGJpISVERg[/yt]

What about free speech??

And have the police really got nothing better to do? How about they spend a bit more time looking for the bastards who broke into my house a few months back and less time worrying about what's posted on a message board.

As I said in an earlier post, the term "police assistance" is a real freaking oxymoron.

a complaint was made. They are obliged to consider it and if necessry take further action. I

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;3187411 said:
The person who made the complaint is pathetic.

Going to the police because you're offended by something you read on the internet, what a waste of police time.

Not sure I agree. We all know stirring up racial hatred is a crime, it's not new. As others have said, for some reason certain individuals believed that didn't apply to message boards. Clearly it does, and maybe they'll think about what they post more in future, even if I'm not holding my breath.

If you take a step back, it's frankly embarrassing how much time and space have been devoted to racist posts and views on here.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Can't remember who said it (Benjamin Franklin I think) but:

When a Government fears its people you have liberty, what a people fear its Government you have tyranny. Been thinking about this quote a lot of late.

I am no expert on the law with the internet etc. but isn't this like threatening to arrest the Landlord of a pub because 2 locals are using language/statements that someone finds offensive?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I thought we did have laws and guidelines on NSC, if you don't like it, report it to the mods and action can be swiftly taken.

Since when did NSC have authority over the Police in respect of administering punishment for breaking the laws of the country?

What if someone on here admitted to being a paedophile and gave a full account of what they had done to a child. Would NSC merely lock the thread and give him a ban or should it do something more positive?

As good as it is, and generally as well run as it is, NSC and it's posters are, and never should be, above the law.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

What about free speech??

but this isnt affecting free speech. You are still free to say what you want, just dont do so here. you are free to start your own forum or a blog where you are the one responsible for the content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here