A Level Results tomorrow

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Withdean Wanderer said:
Well, i've got in to Uni!
https://track.ucas.com/ucastrack/Login.jsp
if you want to find out!

Now i just hope the grades are decent as well (as i dont need too much to get in!)
:clap2: :drink: :clap2:

well done mate if i lived nearer brighton i'd buy you a pint! how did you find it out off that site? whenever i have been on there it keeps saying that it is currently updating it.... bricking it about my results. couldnt sleep so came on here

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Cereal Killer said:
im not going to uni, cant be arsed to waste more years of my life filling my brain with useless information when I only want to be a Police Officer

Good luck with the police. According to a mate who applied they ask for a lot of 'life experience'. Go to uni, it's the best 3/4 years of your life. It's not about 'filling your brain with useless information', it's about filling your stomach with lager and filling young maidens with your lovin.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! UCAS just sent me a letter, i got my place at reading :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: absolutely chuffed. just gotta go get the results now and then have a little house party. the lager will be flowing :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

hope everyone else got into uni's they wanted or got the qualifications they wanted. wooooooooooooo

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
london_seagull said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! UCAS just sent me a letter, i got my place at reading :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: absolutely chuffed. just gotta go get the results now and then have a little house party. the lager will be flowing :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

hope everyone else got into uni's they wanted or got the qualifications they wanted. wooooooooooooo

Congratulations :drink: .

Comiserations on having to spend the next 3 years in Reading :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh great, another day of watching the news and seeing some immaculate, never-had-a-negative-emotion, middle class, only-dressed-in-Armani-gear-for-the-camera, spoilt brats screaming at each other about their results when they knew full well they were going to get straight As, because Daddy is Vice-Chair of the Governors, and he's going to pay for me, me, me to go to Cambridge/Harvard/Sorbonne.

That, and the naff, tacky pictures in the Arsegas the next day of kids jumping, as in 'jumping for joy' - geddit?

What happened to the days when getting your results meant a moment of quiet reflection and conisderation for your own future, followed by the hectic mad scary scramble for university places.

Well done everyone who passed though.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
The Large One said:
Oh great, another day of watching the news and seeing some immaculate, never-had-a-negative-emotion, middle class, only-dressed-in-Armani-gear-for-the-camera, spoilt brats screaming at each other about their results when they knew full well they were going to get straight As, because Daddy is Vice-Chair of the Governors, and he's going to pay for me, me, me to go to Cambridge/Harvard/Sorbonne.

:lolol:

How bittter are you?!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Large One said:
:lol:
Anti middle class, are we?

Also...
They are hardly going to show people that have failed!

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
suppose i should go in and get them really....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Well, i've got in to Uni!
https://track.ucas.com/ucastrack/Login.jsp
if you want to find out!

Now i just hope the grades are decent as well (as i dont need too much to get in!)
:clap2: :drink: :clap2:

f*** sake - i cant check that as i dont know my appilcation number or anything:angry:

Dandyman

In London village.
The Large One said:

That, and the naff, tacky pictures in the Arsegas the next day of kids jumping, as in 'jumping for joy' - geddit?

What happened to the days when getting your results meant a moment of quiet reflection and conisderation for your own future, followed by the hectic mad scary scramble for university places.

Delighted to say that my single parent god-daughter got 3 A's and a B and is off to St Martins in September.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Large One said:

Need some Romseal, Alan?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
the full harris said:

How bittter are you?!
Bitter? About what? Behave. Oh yeah, and we always get the f***ing STUPID comments from people who should know better (i.e. rent-a-quote MPs who really have nothing to say) that 'exams are easier'. No, you pathetic gimp, education is better, and kids are more competitive.

Exam results spark debate over standards

Hundreds of thousands of teenagers are opening their A level results but exam standards have been thrown under the spotlight once again.

Pass rates have increased for the 24th year in a row and with more students than ever scoring good grades. Teachers appealed to critics to allow pupils to enjoy their day of success at the end of two years hard work without complaining about "dumbing down".

But research by a group of schools which teach the International Baccalaureate diploma instead of A levels reignited the annual debate. Last year almost a quarter of A level exam entries were awarded A grades. The survey of 50 UK university admissions officers found four out of ten thought rising pass rates were because the exams system was "getting easier". And many said that A levels failed to prepare sixth-formers well enough for the challenge of academic degree courses, the survey for ACS International Schools found.

Headteachers voiced dismay that the research had emerged as students prepared to open their results. John Dunford, general secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders, said: "It is very disappointing that anybody should be doing this on the day that the students are celebrating their very considerable achievements. "The A level remains an extremely difficult school leaving exam for the vast majority of youngsters."

Chris Keates, general secretary of teachers' union NASUWT, said students should be allowed to enjoy their success without carping from critics of the A level system. "The publication of the A level results is invariably accompanied by the now annual ritual of carping and criticism," she said. "All of this casts a dark and depressing shadow over years of work by students and teachers. Whatever the results, A levels remain a testing experience for all."

See?

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Exams are getting easier. FACT.

BUT

The kids can only pass what is put infront of them and it is no less stressful a time for them so it is not fair to shove the 'easier then my day' line down their throats.

Agree with Alan :ohmy: about how annoying and melodramatic half of the kids are.

I just got my results and went to the pub.

Still, teenagers will be teenagers I guess and if you are not allowed to go a bit over the top when you have just got the results of years of education then when are you?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
24v6wia.jpg

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Richie Morris said:

Agree with Alan :ohmy: about how annoying and melodramatic half of the kids are.

I just got my results and went to the pub.

Still, teenagers will be teenagers I guess and if you are not allowed to go a bit over the top when you have just got the results of years of education then when are you?

Actually, yes, I agree also. I went and got mine, opened them on the way back to car, relayed the good news. "Well done son" and then we drove home. Over and done with minus any shreaking. I have to be honest and say there wasn't anyone really hugging and crying at my school. Everyone seemed quite low-key. Then again, that is probably becuase it was a boys school.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Well I got my results and the Chauffeur drove me to the Savoy Grill, followed by drinks at the East India Club....

We were all written to in the final year by the school informing us of our right to, and asking if we'd like to, join the East India club. We weren't a public school but the head was on the HM council for some reason so we get let in anyway. I didn't take up the offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here