Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit of a shambles today

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Race said:
your not wrong.my only worry at the moment is when the injuries start to happen.you know,the heavy pitches leading to mis-timed tackles.hopefully we'll have a big enough squad to cope with it

As if you would ever mistime a tackle:shootself :lolol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Stumpy Tim said:
I haven't been to a game this season, or even listened to one on the radio, but I believe we should drop the entire back-four, and bring back Gary Chivers & Steve Foster from retirement :dunce:

reverend

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
I left the chatroom at half time 1-0 down, went to the golf course fretting about my team, had a piss poor round and came home to find we had got a 2-2 draw.
I'm actually quite happy.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Well at least we still picked up a point from a slightly under par performance.

There is a game on Saturday where we can easily pick up all 3 points. Akinbiyi may be a threat as he is a similar kind of player to Adebola, but i am sure we can score more goals than Burnley!

Looking forward to this one.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
why is everyone saying it was an under par performance?why aren't people saying that it is a point on our way to survival?cannot get my head around the mentality of some people sometimes.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Race said:
why is everyone saying it was an under par performance?why aren't people saying that it is a point on our way to survival?cannot get my head around the mentality of some people sometimes.

It's a point on our way to survival. :D

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
exactly.we have not got any god given right to beat anyone in this league.the same as anyone that we play hasn't got any right to expect that we are going to roll over every saturday

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm surprised at how fed up everyone is. I thought it was a really good game to watch - end to end stuff. Obviously, if we're going to play with such an attacking mentality we're bound to leak a few goals, but if it had been a dull 0-0 it seems as if everyone would be happier?

Thought it was a strange day for McShane - maybe a bit rattled by the general battering from Adebola? At times he did really well, getting in quick to cut things out, but if Adebola got face on to goal it was a different prospect. Mc was badly caught out on the second goal too though Harty and Carole could have cut out the cross between them.

Seemed to me that big Guy had a different role to normal - almost sweeping? Presumably 'cos he's not going to catch Adebola if he gets turned?? (sorry Race :) )

Everyone's going on about Coventry's chances, but if we'd just kept it tight after the first equaliser we'd have won.

And CKR's goal was sheer class. Lots of positives.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We should be beating teams like that, Especialy when they have a defence that has been cobbled together at the last minute.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
After being a goal down at halftime I would have settled for a point. One issue with playing all these youngsters is that they can lack consistency. You've got to expect one or two to have an off-game every now and then. The problem arises when three or four have one on the same day (as appears to have happened yesterday). I'm sure we'll get over it.

I also wonder if maybe (given our counter-attacking style of play) we won't be better suited to playing away. We'll find out next week.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I agree with the overall sentiment but think that "shambles" is too strong. We were light in midfield and the defence always looked under pressure. Neither oft hose shoudl come as a surprise when you have two wingers in a 4-5-1 obsessed era and both of your full-backs are playing out of position.

McShane was definitely outclassed by Adebola who had a superb game, Hart was always going to struggle against Scowcroft.

Robinson looked out of it and coudl have been replced at half time.

Race said:
exactly.we have not got any god given right to beat anyone in this league.the same as anyone that we play hasn't got any right to expect that we are going to roll over every saturday

Spot on. I have to say after tuesday's game I was a bit concerned about how some people thought yesterday's game would be a walkover. It was always going to be tough, Cov have got some good players, especially going forward.

Like most people have said we could have won the game or indeed lost it, if the finishing on bothsides had been any better we could have been looking at a 4-4 not a 2-2.

If we do see Cov as being a rival, then at least we have prevented them gaining any points off us (the six dropped against crewe nearly cost us last year) so that at least is some good news.

However, on the upbeat side, this is the first Albion side in years that has really threatened to score on a regular basis. And as well we have done in that regard, there is still plenty of room for improvement. I'm sure with the genuine competition for places up front MM will be able to get this improvement from the players who will now have to scrap for their place in the team.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
Spot on. I have to say after tuesday's game I was a bit concerned about how some people thought yesterday's game would be a walkover. It was always going to be tough, Cov have got some good players, especially going forward.

Like most people have said we could have won the game or indeed lost it, if the finishing on bothsides had been any better we could have been looking at a 4-4 not a 2-2.

If we do see Cov as being a rival, then at least we have prevented them gaining any points off us (the six dropped against crewe nearly cost us last year) so that at least is some good news.

However, on the upbeat side, this is the first Albion side in years that has really threatened to score on a regular basis. And as well we have done in that regard, there is still plenty of room for improvement. I'm sure with the genuine competition for places up front MM will be able to get this improvement from the players who will now have to scrap for their place in the team.

:clap:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Race said:

Its amazing how much peoples expectations have gone up after having 2 or 3 great performances - suddenly everyone thinks we should be title challengers. Lets just keep our feet on the ground a bit shall we.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
withdeanwombat said:
To be honest,we should be beating teams like Coventry.

Strange. That's what they said about us on their board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here