Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Enfield.

229723_10150397647854045_581634044_10672751_1919159_n.jpg

Are they rioters or lads protecting their manor ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Enfield on Sky News now.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk

Interesting that. I started reading this thread and was dubious whether you were just making it up as I would have thought all the "tasty" pubs in eltham were long gone and closed (namely: greyhound, chequers, waltons to name but a few). However the pics show something different. Now I am just confused as I have lots of friends who live in Eltham and not one has made any mention of anything at all even being thought of happening there (and the old dear lives just round the corner in Lee, and she's mentioned nowt).

So why now do people think something is gonna happen? In my experience (born and raised in Eltham) anything that starts is quickly, and swiftly halted by everyone else wading in. In my opinion no one would even think of starting something there.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Interesting that. I started reading this thread and was dubious whether you were just making it up as I would have thought all the "tasty" pubs in eltham were long gone and closed (namely: greyhound, chequers, waltons to name but a few). However the pics show something different. Now I am just confused as I have lots of friends who live in Eltham and not one has made any mention of anything at all even being thought of happening there (and the old dear lives just round the corner in Lee, and she's mentioned nowt).

So why now do people think something is gonna happen? In my experience (born and raised in Eltham) anything that starts is quickly, and swiftly halted by everyone else wading in. In my opinion no one would even think of starting something there.

20 or so hoodrats got chased out of eltham last night at about 11. There was fear of reprisal, so the bods i know just wanted to make sure the backlash didnt affect the community.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
"These are cars full of grown men. Driving round, attacking. I can't stress enough. Stay away from Eltham," says Charlene White, ITV journo/newsreader.

Others say they're defending...

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
f***ing NICK GRIFFIN Saying "English fight back in Eltham"

f*** sake, thats fanning the flames.

What a odious prick that man is.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=3448]the slow norris[/MENTION] if you live in the dirty old town believe me there was no doubt the people were going to fight back today. The people of London are not going to put up with this. It's kicking off in Manchester currently because they haven't had our kind of disturbances and it is city centre, so I doubt the communities there will be too bothered. Just saw a pic of a woman on tv with a t-shirt on saying something like 'Fight the scum' ... London ain't having anymore of it.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
[MENTION=3448]the slow norris[/MENTION] if you live in the dirty old town believe me there was no doubt the people were going to fight back today. The people of London are not going to put up with this. It's kicking off in Manchester currently because they haven't had our kind of disturbances and it is city centre, so I doubt the communities there will be too bothered. Just saw a pic of a woman on tv with a t-shirt on saying something like 'Fight the scum' ... London ain't having anymore of it.

Nope, as you can see from my location am up in suffolk now, (previoulsy I lived in south east london for 33 years_.the only civil unrest we see is if a) the village pub runs out of aspalls or b) the verges are overgrown.

Anyway, I digress. I'm just specifically interested as to why people would think it's worth doing anything in eltham as in my experience they'd get swiftly slapped, Millwall protection or not. I think it is important that communities are beginning to say "no more", however I wouldn't have thought it necessary in Eltham.

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here