Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
2011, face facts police have had no control. And certain areas have taken it upon themselves to be prepared.

Are you seriously expecting us to believe that a bunch of football thugs are going to take on a bunch of rioters. It wouldn't surprise me if they were one and the same thing

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Are you seriously expecting us to believe that a bunch of football thugs are going to take on a bunch of rioters. It wouldn't surprise me if they were one and the same thing

I have said there is 90 millwall lads (and a token brummie funnily enough) in a few seperate pubs to try and protect there neighbourhood if needed.

How can that be a negative?

batmanlight.jpg

D

Deleted member 18477

tbh mate id believe it. your telling me if they came down your road you'd let them just torch your house and possibly harm your family in doing so? most men would stand up. you NEVER mess with a man's family. the aggression you'd have towards those little yobs if they put your family in danger isnt even worth contemplating. you get the picture. now imagine 90 of those who all happen to support millwall and also love a scrap... lets just say it could end in tears.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry but I don't think you're getting it.

I am not sure what thee is to get.

I am really happy that some people regard football thugs as the protectors of the community. Perhaps I should have asked the three mill wall thugs who beat me and my mate up after the game in 1976 if they were protecting the community.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

I am really happy that some people regard football thugs as the protectors of the community. Perhaps I should have asked the three mill wall thugs who beat me and my mate up after the game in 1976 if they were protecting the community.

Wow, look at the tarring of the brush there. WE MUST be all gay boys then for living in Brighton.

Your about as far out of touch as the 'its poverty' brigade.

If it goes off near you I hope some in your street has the bollocks to stand up to the pond life that are thieving and mugging people.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have said there is 90 millwall lads (and a token brummie funnily enough) in a few seperate pubs to try and protect there neighbourhood if needed.

How can that be a negative?

Not a negative, at least they have recruited a Brummie to be the brains of the outfit!

So, they are going to meet in pubs and remain there until required. Sorry but I don't think a handful of Millwall fans, possibly fortified by alcohol, is going to do much more than aggravate any situation they find themselves in.

If they want to protect their communities then they should remain at home and alert the Police if anything untoward happens.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
If they want to protect their communities then they should remain at home and alert the Police if anything untoward happens.[/QUOTE]

Yes because that has worked for the past few nights.

f*** sake, I am lost in your thinking, I really am.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Another thread, no point in re-writing it...

It does sound a bit strange, but this is different... I can't even explain it! But I know what you're saying. Ok let me see if I can... when your city feels like it is being taken over by the scum that have been out on our streets for three days, it's almost like a siege mentality and you feel the need to defend those around you. You almost forget such things as football allegiances, even if for one night only, to fight for what feels like a common cause. That's the way I see it anyway.

I don't expect you to agree and it doesn't matter to me if you do or don't, that is just my opinion.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oh thank GOD there are under 100 footy fans sitting in a pub.

Im sure they will come out and negotiate with the rioters....

Its not as if some alcohol fueled angry blokes could possibly make the situation any worse.....

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Oh thank GOD there are under 100 footy fans sitting in a pub.

Im sure they will come out and negotiate with the rioters....

Its not as if some alcohol fueled angry blokes could possibly make the situation any worse.....

I think you would thank GOD if they prevented these scum entering your road eh.

As i said only a small area, but the community spirit is there.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If they want to protect their communities then they should remain at home and alert the Police if anything untoward happens.

With all due respect, I'm not sure you've been following this story properly. There have been cases of the police protecting one end of the High Street while the other end is being looted, because they don't have the manpower to cover it all. Just consider that being the scenario, with the police having to watch looting going on 150 yards away and not having the manpower to stop it ... at that moment they get your call about something "untoward happening."

Good luck with that!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This is old news, they made a film about it called 'Outlaw' with self styled 'top boy' Danny Dyer.

I believe thats the film that Mark Kermode completely RIPPED it out of Danny Dyer....to which Danny Dyer replied "I will headbutt him".

Danny sounds like he wouldn't be out of place with this Millwall Protection Squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here