Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les

Regan was one of the greatest ever American presidents imho

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Berlin Wall down, cold war ended, he did more for World peace than any other Amerian president in history

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Uncle Spielberg said:
Berlin Wall down, cold war ended, he did more for World peace than any other Amerian president in history

Mainly because Gorby led him by the nose.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
come on give the guy some credit, if only we had Ronnie Regan at the Whitehouse now :angry: I am waiting for Hilary Clinton to come in and sort this bloody mess out

2010 - H Clinton and D Cameron

The dream team :clap:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
tedebear said:
No, but have you trawled through the information available publically ( your local library!!) and on the internet about how to fly a plane even 747's and 757's? The mind boggles!! With many hours and days of reading and only several hours of flying practice - I am fairly convinced you'd be able to fly a plane in a straight line, around a corner and then descend gradually... Wuld seriously doubt you could land one or take off, but otherwise - I'd say it was a distinct possibility...

Tedebear is corect. I have flown a small plane in the past and still fly on a simulator. Flying 737's in a straight line is not difficult if you have had a few lessons in a real plane. Descending down to ground level can be done by auto pilot and if you get lined up correctley with a large tall building flying into it would be relatively simple. Smashing into the Pentagon at high speed more difficult but again if you have had lessons possible. The difficult bit would be navigating the plane to the exact target after you have taken over the cockpit. Presume the plane would be on auto pilot to it's scheduled destination so you would either have to insert into the plane's computer a new destination or fly it yourself and have precise knowledge of your target's latitude and longitude and then be able to steer in the right direction. Tha's relatively easy in a small plane where you can see land/sea/ buildings but at 10 to 30,000 feet you got to know what you are doing.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
While I like to keep an open mind about these things, there are some idiots willing to clutch at any straws to further a conspiracy theory - I know this from personal experience!

On 7/7 one of my subsidiary company's vans was next to the Tavistock Square bus when the bomb was triggered. Because the van was signwritten to say that we carry out "controlled demolition" there are now websites saying that we must have been part of a government conspiracy responsible for the carnage that happened that day! If these idiots took time to find out what form of "controlled demolition" we carry out, they would have found that we do not use explosives but various concrete cutting, bursting and breaking techniques.

We still get abusive phone calls from the naive supporters of this deluded rubbish!:nono:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
coventrygull said:
I beg to differ. Not sure if there are any pilots on here but to flly large planes like that with such accuracy does take a lot of skill. Have you tried plane simulators.

I have, I spent 6 years working on them and I agree with Tede, most of the skill is in the take-off and landing. Aiming a plane that's in the air is not too dificult at all. I never had any probs in the sims and I never had any proper training.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
My brain has gone wrong!

Meade's Ball Impersonator.

I watched the programme last night and thought the wisest man of all was the X-Files producer. He seemed to be aware of how little the brain can store neatly in comfortable, composed chambers opened when needs to answer the questions they looked puzzled by when the news was on earlier were a sudden must. Our conclusions are usually come to after thinking about what might be or have been for about 39 seconds. From then on we prove all things definite if they YES 87% of our challenges.

Once again, this is just me having read a couple of things. more than likely drivel i have produced on stamps, and smirked at how silly and pointless my own mind has been alongside everyone else's. A convenient truth for me.

Having watched that programme, though, nothing less believable than an angry radio dj telling and selling you the truth. Unless he is willing to admit he is an abuser of wives and children in all sorts of ways i currently do not wish to imagine. Then, i could believe.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Regan was an absolute bloody legend as was Bill clinton come to that, Regan gets a hard time because he was in bed with Thatcher but did a hell of a lot of good things, suffered from Bedtime for Bonzo but Bush can't even open a door properly for fecks sake :angry:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cadiz Seagull said:
I still think the average western government simply isn't capable of constructing a conspiracy on this scale. Firstly they generally can't organise a piss-up in a brewery and secondly there are too many people involved for it to be kept secret.

Having worked with some senior government offices, i think Cadiz Seagull has hit the nail on the head.

Unless, of course i am part of the conspiracy :shootself

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The Oldman said:
Tedebear is corect. I have flown a small plane in the past and still fly on a simulator. Flying 737's in a straight line is not difficult if you have had a few lessons in a real plane. Descending down to ground level can be done by auto pilot and if you get lined up correctley with a large tall building flying into it would be relatively simple. Smashing into the Pentagon at high speed more difficult but again if you have had lessons possible. The difficult bit would be navigating the plane to the exact target after you have taken over the cockpit. Presume the plane would be on auto pilot to it's scheduled destination so you would either have to insert into the plane's computer a new destination or fly it yourself and have precise knowledge of your target's latitude and longitude and then be able to steer in the right direction. Tha's relatively easy in a small plane where you can see land/sea/ buildings but at 10 to 30,000 feet you got to know what you are doing.

If its that easy. Then why are pilots payed so much. Might as well get the jobless a few flying lessons and they can fly with Ryan Air :D I think the attack on the pentagon was a bit of class flying to be honest.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will check Piers

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Regan contributed more to that happening than Bush imho

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
I missed this programme. Were they claiming a third plane flew in from a grassy knoll?
Yes. Piloted by a pregnant Princess Diana and Neil Armstrong (who's never actually been to the moon).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here