Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9/11 conspiracy theories BBC 2

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Uncle Spielberg said:
Americans killing their own and people from other countries is a insult to the graves and memories of the victims and 300 odd firefighters who make the ultimate sacrifice in my opinion

Its even a bigger insult not to question how it happened. Even if it just boils down to mistakes in American Intelligence. I bet you the Russians were amazed at how easy it was to bomb the pentagon. Oh the cold war could have been so different.

Yanks killing their own people remember Waco

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
just a gut opinion

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I respect your opinion but I think the whole thing smells a bit fishy to me.

As I said I think it takes a lot of skill to fly planes like that. I find it amazing that the Pentagon could be attacked so easily.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think the only conspiracy within 9/11 is the information which HAS NOT been given to the public. For various reasons only known to the FBI/CIA etc. alot of information has been kept hush, hush because they will look like right idiots when it becomes common knowledge that they should have and could have stopped this.

I do think that the United 93 could possibly have been shot down to defend the situation getting any worse...Which would explain the long trail of debris, and the quick removal of any remaining debris...but thats all...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
the plane skimming the ground seemed a bit odd I must admit , I could buy United 93 being shot down , thats about it

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
great minds think alike :clap:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
coventrygull said:
As I said I think it takes a lot of skill to fly planes like that. I find it amazing that the Pentagon could be attacked so easily.

Nope it doesn't really - it takes skill to land and take off, and to understand every button, bleep and system. But to fly a plane after only a few sessions is actually not that difficult aparently. I've sat in the pilots seat myself of a 747 Longreach from LA to Sydney!! (Admittedly it was on autopilot at the time)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les Biehn said:
But what if its you and tede?

Your sharp today Les :p

Yoda

English & European
I'm still not convinced that the pentagon was a plane. Why else would they only release a couple of very sketchy time-lapse videos? And why did the FBI confiscate all the CCTV footage from the surrounding area?

And after watching about the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania, I’m a bit sceptic about that too. Surely the plane would have made a much larger impact gouge in the ground than it did.

Think about it. A plance coming down at a 45 degree angle at about 600+ mph by then would make more of a mess than what was shown.

tedebear said:

I do think that the United 93 could possibly have been shot down to defend the situation getting any worse...Which would explain the long trail of debris, and the quick removal of any remaining debris...but thats all...

According to the programme, which is all I have to go on so I'm not saying it's gospel, the conspiracy theory says that the distance between the point of impact and the lake where they found debris was 6.9 miles, too long for a plane that simply crashed into the ground.

The distance is 6.9m by road, but that's a circular route, the actual distance between the two points is just over a mile according to the prog.

I still think the average western government simply isn't capable of constructing a conspiracy on this scale. Firstly they generally can't organise a piss-up in a brewery and secondly there are too many people involved for it to be kept secret.

Sadam Hussein could have hatched a conspiracy when he was in total charge of Iraq, , or maybe the Kremiln back in the cold war, but George Bush in America today? Give me a break!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yoda said:
I'm still not convinced that the pentagon was a plane. Why else would they only release a couple of very sketchy time-lapse videos? And why did the FBI confiscate all the CCTV footage from the surrounding area?

And after watching about the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania, I’m a bit sceptic about that too. Surely the plane would have made a much larger impact gouge in the ground than it did.

Think about it. A plance coming down at a 45 degree angle at about 600+ mph by then would make more of a mess than what was shown.

The pentagon is probably where I had most questions too - although it doesn't suprise me that so much of the information here has been kept quiet. To release this information would seem like admitting to the terrorists that their aim was achieved in some way? As well as highlighting how well or poorly the Pentagon is secured (if at all)....

However last night the chap who was accused of being a government mouth piece explained fairly well why there wasn't a bigger hole. Sort of set it straight for me anyhow...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
frankly when it comes to bin laden and his terrorists brains and Bush and his co hort's brains well its a no contest, evil, deluded yes but unfurtunately for the West very very clever, never underestimate them

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Cadiz Seagull said:
According to the programme, which is all I have to go on so I'm not saying it's gospel, the conspiracy theory says that the distance between the point of impact and the lake where they found debris was 6.9 miles, too long for a plane that simply crashed into the ground.

The distance is 6.9m by road, but that's a circular route, the actual distance between the two points is just over a mile according to the prog.

I still think the average western government simply isn't capable of constructing a conspiracy on this scale. Firstly they generally can't organise a piss-up in a brewery and secondly there are too many people involved for it to be kept secret.

Sadam Hussein could have hatched a conspiracy when he was in total charge of Iraq, , or maybe the Kremiln back in the cold war, but George Bush in America today? Give me a break!

Yes agreed they aren't the sharpest tools in the box!!

I do still think the airforce may have been instructed to take this plane down, the other two had already happend and the government would have been panicking...whether they did or they didn't won't be known for however many years the files are kept secret for...

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
tedebear said:
Nope it doesn't really - it takes skill to land and take off, and to understand every button, bleep and system. But to fly a plane after only a few sessions is actually not that difficult aparently. I've sat in the pilots seat myself of a 747 Longreach from LA to Sydney!! (Admittedly it was on autopilot at the time)

I beg to differ. Not sure if there are any pilots on here but to flly large planes like that with such accuracy does take a lot of skill. Have you tried plane simulators.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
coventrygull said:
I beg to differ. Not sure if there are any pilots on here but to flly large planes like that with such accuracy does take a lot of skill. Have you tried plane simulators.

No, but have you trawled through the information available publically ( your local library!!) and on the internet about how to fly a plane even 747's and 757's? The mind boggles!! With many hours and days of reading and only several hours of flying practice - I am fairly convinced you'd be able to fly a plane in a straight line, around a corner and then descend gradually... Wuld seriously doubt you could land one or take off, but otherwise - I'd say it was a distinct possibility...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here