Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6798 what a disgrace

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well I'm out of work and live in London but still managed to make it. It seems a lot of locals couldn't be bothered. I can't believe people are saying a little bit of rain put some fans off attending. It wasn't even raining during the match! I know Withdean is a dump but the Goldstone was hardly palatial and was pretty open to the elements too, but we were getting 20,000 plus when we were top of the old 3rd division in the 70s. I know it's not a fair comparison to make in some ways, but under 7,000 really is pathetic.

Based on fact or guesswork? did you go and check the details of the ticket holdersz for every seat

Maybe you care to give us a detailed presentation on the types of fans who failed to show tonight? such as by work location / home location, whether they have kids? etc, etc....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Remember, this was a re-arranged match. I imagine a number of people who had tickets for the original game couldn't make it last night, and didn't send their tickets back. Personally, I couldn't get away from work in time. The Withdean experience will ALWAYS be a factor, especially if it's wet!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Those of us who work for a living can't get to every game, it's rather boring hearing from trainee uber fans who don't have a clue.

It's January what else is there to do on a Tuesday night.
In November we managed over 7000 against Exeter on Tuesday night.

Exeter brought more than one fan.
The game was not re-arranged - hence oodles of people will have already brought a ticket, forgotton so didnt go.
The home end was actually a sellout, bar 50 seats.

So shut the F up!

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
i was there last night and will be saturday.. but your right i expected a bigger crowd and expected colchester to bring some fans.....

If there was an equivalent match last season, it was the game against Huddersfield on Tuesday 9 February. That attracted a crowd of 4,711.

It was an important game. The point we got lifted us out of the relegation zone.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well I'm out of work and live in London but still managed to make it. It seems a lot of locals couldn't be bothered. I can't believe people are saying a little bit of rain put some fans off attending. It wasn't even raining during the match! I know Withdean is a dump but the Goldstone was hardly palatial and was pretty open to the elements too, but we were getting 20,000 plus when we were top of the old 3rd division in the 70s. I know it's not a fair comparison to make in some ways, but under 7,000 really is pathetic.

20k at the Goldstone on a wet winter Tues night in div 3 ? You're welcome to prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
In couldn't be arsed. Live a long way away and sold we sold our part ST for the original fixture. I could be arsed going every week at Gillingham mind you. Different time, different priorities.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The main reason for the poor attendance was the utterly pathetic showing from Colchester, who I suspect were more put off by the drivel that their team serve up week in week out rather than the Withdean view. Nearly all home tickets were sold for this game which was pretty good I thought. Sadly for midweek games you are going to get a number of no shows due to work commitments etc, so the attendance was no surprise.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know I shouldnt have been surprised, but withdean was horrendously quiet tonight....the atmosphere ( sic) was non existant.

The sooner we are out of that place the better

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I know I shouldnt have been surprised, but withdean was horrendously quiet tonight....the atmosphere ( sic) was non existant.

The sooner we are out of that place the better

Agree with that. Although I wonder if the pressure that comes with every match these days is contributing to that. I'm certainly feeling more anxious before games at the moment and that has stifled my vocal contribution to the atmosphere.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, yes it is but there are two MASSIVE reasons for this: a) we don't have many season ticket holders, and b) you can't pay on the gate. If you don't have many people paying up-front in the form of a season ticket, you need to rely on walk up trade. Albion, uniquely, can't even do that because it simply isn't made easy.

IMO, gates at Falmer will fall in seasons with low season ticket numbers for exactly the same reason. If you can't walk up and hand over your 20 quid, then it simply too much effort for some people to make.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If there was an equivalent match last season, it was the game against Huddersfield on Tuesday 9 February. That attracted a crowd of 4,711.

It was an important game. The point we got lifted us out of the relegation zone.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Well we're 6 points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand but some of you STILL have to find something to moan about, don't you. Give it a rest FFS

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the club must now have to listen to the fans and fill in the corners at the Amex before the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here