Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6798 what a disgrace

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Is the given attendance figure that being how many tickets we have sold or how many people actually went through the turnstiles??

IN the past, ALL sths were counted whether they were there or not

I'm 99% certain that as far as the Albion is concerned the "Attendance" is the number of people actually there. However, I understand that Arsenal (and there may be others) define "attendance" as number of tickets sold, which is why the Emirates always has just over 60,000 even when it's obvious there are several thousand empty seats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We've had SHIT home support for years. Furthermore, aside from 'big' games we have shit away support too. What people don't realise is taking 2500 to Bournemouth is fine (we lost) - but taking 250 on a Tuesday to another game is shit. Both games are worth 3 points and equally as important.

Football fans :nono:

Rubbish - judge our home support at a proper stadium next season.

Rubbish - We have amazing away support in voice and numbers that is widely respected by football fans in England - real football fans I meet always spk highly of our support and reputation.

Also pls tell me when and where we take 250 fans? We took 350 odd to PLYMOUTH on a Tues night. V negative shite from you there.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I reckon this happened ONCE

February 1976 v Palace (a game where you would EXPECT a good crowd) 33,300

The other home midweek attendences above 20,000 in 'the good old Goldstone Days' * were:

10/3/76 21,423 v Sheff Wednesday (Wednesday night)
6/4/77 25,451 v Portsmouth (Wednesday)
12/4/77 26,253 v Reading (Tuesday)
3/5/77 30,756 v Sheffield Wednesday (Tuesday)
27/9/77 25,132 v Luton Town (Tuesday)
25/5/78 31,203 v Charlton Athletic (Tuesday)
22/8/78 21,548 v Cambridge United (Tuesday)

*This DOESN'T include games at Easter, Christmas, New Year or Cup games

To put this into perspective. the attendance for the famous 7-0 drubbing of Walsall - which was a wet midweek game - was 14,000. When you consider that tickets were relatively cheaper then and this was in October, not the month after Christmas, the 7,000 yesterday compares rather well - particularly when IMO there were far fewer coming down from London for this game.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
We've had SHIT home support for years. Furthermore, aside from 'big' games we have shit away support too. What people don't realise is taking 2500 to Bournemouth is fine (we lost) - but taking 250 on a Tuesday to another game is shit. Both games are worth 3 points and equally as important.

Football fans :nono:

ridiculous comment! we dont have the INCREDIBLE away support some believe but our away support is bloody decent and has been for a while

ridiculous comment! we dont have the INCREDIBLE away support some believe but our away support is bloody decent and has been for a while

Our away support in this league is currently I believe third best, however our home support is not good. Plenty of excuses have been rolled out by previos pollsters however let's be honest these are excuses. We have I think only sold out at home twice & both these games were within hours of the match.

Pretty appalling when we are top, playing fab footie, a smashing manager & very supportive chairman. The club deserve better from the fans.

So you would think the so called missing thousands who will be going to Falmer would want to watch the odd match at Withdean? At least to acquaint themselves with the players? Where are they?

However you look at it a crowd of under 7000 at home is shameful.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Our away support in this league is currently I believe third best, however our home support is not good. Plenty of excuses have been rolled out by previos pollsters however let's be honest these are excuses. We have I think only sold out at home twice & both these games were within hours of the match.

Pretty appalling when we are top, playing fab footie, a smashing manager & very supportive chairman. The club deserve better from the fans.

So you would think the so called missing thousands who will be going to Falmer would want to watch the odd match at Withdean? At least to acquaint themselves with the players? Where are they?

But my comment was about our away support.......???

Nov 27, 2009
assssss-hoooooolle

He's spot on, with every point he makes, especially."Yes withdean is dire but we are top of the league & need to support the team HOME & away".

I can't really understand the argument some put forward to say that people stay away because the withdean is a shithole.

Our ground is a shithole, but on occassions we fill it, because we support the team, not where they play.

Does any bha fan really think when the likes of Swansea, Cardiff, West Brom, Wigan come calling, if you go up, having a new ground will help you. Many clubs have found they struggle in a a new environment, as it as alien to themas it is to the away team.

Absolute no excuse, when we get a similar sized crowd to you. bha fans are extremely fickle, any side top of league 1 should at least be getting the 8000 or so capacity withdean holds, yet you can't even fill that.

...............Cue the "we will be all conquering next season, storm the championship into the premiership, filling the community stadium every week. Move over Chelsea, bha are here"

Why don't you pull your head out of your arse son and actually wait and see. Withdean isn't just a "shithole", it's an INSULT. And a 12 year insult at that. I don't bother going there anymore, but I'm getting a season ticket at the Amex. I'm certainly not alone there.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Does any bha fan really think when the likes of Swansea, Cardiff, West Brom, Wigan come calling, if you go up, having a new ground will help you. Many clubs have found they struggle in a a new environment, as it as alien to themas it is to the away team.

Not sure what you mean by helping us? In amount of people, then yes obviously as we will have over 4 times the amount of ST holders and crowds between 15k-20k?

Sorry if I have missed the point? Also, not sure how Oxford have any comparison to Brighton?

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London

The reason why the comment about crap support was so idiotic was that our location makes it hard work to get to anywhere beyond London. Years ago (80s i think) there was a big live Palace game on TV against Derby in what is now the championship and i couldnt believe how bad their away support was that day compared to what we'd have had back then. Our away support has improved since then -immeasurably...

Home is unknown we dont have a proper ground

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
He's spot on, with every point he makes, especially."Yes withdean is dire but we are top of the league & need to support the team HOME & away".

I can't really understand the argument some put forward to say that people stay away because the withdean is a shithole.

Our ground is a shithole, but on occassions we fill it, because we support the team, not where they play.

Have a look at early 80s crowd and what Middlesboro got compared to us in 84/85 time. The relevance I used them as an example because clubs who in the past got big crowds on a regular basis get them back with new stadiums.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
They attendance last night from the extremes of J block looked pretty full from the back row,equally the Family stand looked reasonably populated.
Ticket sales on last saturday showed all tickets taken(season ticket holders and match ticket purchases) from B-H leaving only A and J to fill. if J nearly sold out surely A could not be far from full.
The club dont count the Season Ticket holders who dont show up in the attendance figures and Colchester brought an embarrasingly low number.but I bet the number of seats sold(as opposed to occupied)was neare 8,000.
loads of our season ticket holders commute oop north to london and dont make it midweek.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here