Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

433 - no wingers and where is vicente??

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We could play our strongest line up at anfield and get hammered so why risk losing points tonight

Because the league isn't the be-all and end-all of the football season. Sure, you can lose a cup tie. You can lose a League game playing your strongest team too. But there's no comeback if you lose an FA Cup tie (unless you are Darlington, in 2000). Lose a League match or drop some points and there's still plenty more games to make up lost ground.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
It's a squad game these days ...they all hav a part to play ...just wrong mix tonight...got a point when it could hav been none and we move on...simples

i think this is wrong - missed out on two points due to poor formation - why start with no wingers - we shoudl have beaten Millwall comfortably - hope we dotn miss out on play offs by two points as this will be the game i will remember as a f*** up.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Because the league isn't the be-all and end-all of the football season. Sure, you can lose a cup tie. You can lose a League game playing your strongest team too. But there's no comeback if you lose an FA Cup tie (unless you are Darlington, in 2000). Lose a League match or drop some points and there's still plenty more games to make up lost ground.

we arent going to win the fa cup - but we could get promoted from this league imo thats the difference. poor decisions by management today.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
we arent going to win the fa cup - but we could get promoted from this league imo thats the difference. poor decisions by management today.

If your gonna try Jara Reyes in midfield then knowing he's going to be a defensive holding midfield player, don't play our other 2 defensive holding midfielders with him.

If your gonna play Vokes and CMS up front together then don't play Barnes or we've got 3 centre forwards on the pitch.

Knowing our main attacking threat is our wingers then if Buckley needs a rest play one of either Noone or LuaLua. In addition Noone and Lua Lua are not fit to play 90mins so you have to start one of them.

If the above is not working then change it when it becomes evident.

If your gonna bring on LuaLua then dont give him less than 10 minutes.

Need I go on?

Very very strange night from Poyet IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus got it wrong tonight - he won't set up like that again - learn and move on
He's brought in new players, notably Vokes, and the only way to learn about formation options is to try them. We can't just play one way until the end of the season and hope it's enough. Like you say, it's a learning process.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hey,Gus,if you're reading this stuff don't worry.

We ALL know better than you,especially with hindsight.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i think this is wrong - missed out on two points due to poor formation - why start with no wingers - we shoudl have beaten Millwall comfortably - hope we dotn miss out on play offs by two points as this will be the game i will remember as a f*** up.

Lol why pick on just this game and not say other draws or defeats....an alternative view of tonight could be to remember the one point we gained that could make all the difference

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If your gonna try Jara Reyes in midfield then knowing he's going to be a defensive holding midfield player, don't play our other 2 defensive holding midfielders with him.

If your gonna play Vokes and CMS up front together then don't play Barnes or we've got 3 centre forwards on the pitch.

Knowing our main attacking threat is our wingers then if Buckley needs a rest play one of either Noone or LuaLua. In addition Noone and Lua Lua are not fit to play 90mins so you have to start one of them.

If the above is not working then change it when it becomes evident.

If your gonna bring on LuaLua then dont give him less than 10 minutes.

Need I go on?

Very very strange night from Poyet IMO.

Completely agree. And what pissed me off more than amything tonight, is when Noone did come on it took us at least 20 minutes to pass the sodding ball to him!

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way a serial moaner, but we got it wrong tonight. Ho-hum, got a point, onwards and upwards.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lol why pick on just this game and not say other draws or defeats....an alternative view of tonight could be to remember the one point we gained that could make all the difference

We did NOT gain a point tonight. We LOST 2.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We did NOT gain a point tonight. We LOST 2.

That's funny. Because I swear we have one more point at the end of the game than we had before it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
we shoudl have beaten Millwall comfortably
According to whom? Not according to the bookies, and they tend to know these things.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Being one nil and two one down....I'd say a point gained...depends if u want to try and take a positive view..some people seem to think we hav a devine right to beat a lower table side

Before tonight

Albion home: P14 W8 D3 L3
Millwall away: P14 W2 D3 L9

Albion current form: WWWDWW
Millwall current form: LLWLLD

Yes, I do think we should have won tonight

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Before tonight

Albion home: P14 W8 D3 L3
Millwall away: P14 W2 D3 L9

Albion current form: WWWDWW
Millwall current form: LLWLLD

Yes, I do think we should have won tonight

Lol....stats mean nothing when a game kicks off and if u bother to look again...judge the draw from being behind twice ..they finished stronger ...we gained a point tonight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It sounded a curious lineup from the off. ZERO width, when everything Gus usually does is to accomodate it - we've got the equal-biggest pitch in the League for precisely that reason, to Gus's specifications, in order to stretch teams. I've wanted to see Reyes in midfield for ages, but not alongside Bridcutt and Navarro, and not at the expense of all our wingers.

I thought the subs were strange in terms of timing as well. Having just got back into it with the equaliser, and we're building up a head of steam, within 5 minutes he hauls off CMS and Reyes for Noone and Agdestein. The re-jig completely stalled our momentum.

Just a bit of an experiment gone wrong tonight I think. Don't reckon he'll try that again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here