Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

433 - no wingers and where is vicente??

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
with vicente i think he was rested but not for sunday but because like last time he was fit he played tuesday, saturday, tuesday, saturday and i don't think he was going to risk it

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Heard Buckley had a little niggling problem or something, so i overheard someone day on the train, makes sense resting him for that as you dont want to make it worse.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
with vicente i think he was rested but not for sunday but because like last time he was fit he played tuesday, saturday, tuesday, saturday and i don't think he was going to risk it
so he play he plays 20 minutes agains leicester and leeds and needs to be rested ffs??? He would have destroy destroyed millwall.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll be mighty pissed off if he rested them for Sunday. Despite 6000 fans going to watch us play Liverpool on Sunday tonights match was much more important.

Nope. Sunday's match has a much higher priority. In years to come, hardly anyone will remember today's game. Win, lose or draw, the Liverpool game at Anfield will be cherished forever, just like the FA Cup games with Liverpool in 1983, 1984 and 1991. Not many people remember much about the preceding League games in those seasons.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Nope. Sunday's match has a much higher priority. In years to come, hardly anyone will remember today's game. Win, lose or draw, the Liverpool game at Anfield will be cherished forever, just like the FA Cup games with Liverpool in 1983, 1984 and 1991. Not many people remember much about the preceding League games in those seasons.

Totally disagree with this! Sunday's game is a bonus and unless it's a win or draw it certainly will not be Cherished!

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Fine trying new tactics but 30 mins in and he didn't fix it. At HT he did fix it. Poyet lost us those points.

Shame coz I think he is great. Not tonight tho. Arrogance springs to mind.

We need attacking midfielders who run with the ball and players who shoot. We got them just didn't play the attacking midfielders. Disappointed with Reyes expected more tonight.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Fine trying new tactics but 30 mins in and he didn't fix it. At HT he did fix it.

There were no subs or changes at half-time (which surprised me, given how dire we'd been in the first half and how the formation obviously wasn't working).

In the post-match interview, Gus said that "there were a number of reasons" why we started with no wingers, but he didn't want to explain all of them - which was a bit odd. Buckley definitely had a minor injury of some description tho.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

We could play our strongest line up at anfield and get hammered so why risk losing points tonight

D

Deleted member 18477

Weird set up 2nite. Baffled that gus didn't put LuaLua on sooner as well.

One of them nights. Least we didn't lose. Being on the red scousers! And then we'll move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here