Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 years of Gus - on Radio Sussex now... (merged)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry but the above is bollocks. He had a 1 every 2 games ratio all THREE seasons he was with us. He was good in all 3 seasons, but best in the final season.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Sorry but the above is bollocks. He had a 1 every 2 games ratio all THREE seasons he was with us. He was good in all 3 seasons, but best in the final season.

Murray 12 goals 1009/2010 season. Nicky Forster 15
hmm.gif

Last edited:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
This. It always puzzles me. I took a big disliking to Murray when he was with us. I slowly warmed to him in the final season, but people seem to forget how poor he was prior to this. Yes, he's scored 13 goals so far, of which a big percentage from the spot.
I also remember people constantly moaning about how easy he would keep going to ground.

He was a sulking little shit a times who now plays for the scum.... Let it go, he's gone and he ain't coming back, i want someone who wants to pull on an Albion shirt.

Elliott Bennett on the other hand was a proper footballer who I'd take back in a shot.

f***ing A. Murray was SLATED on NSC..Not trying. Lazy. Bad attitude. Doesn't wave to fans. Falls over. All the usual BS on here. Now he's not our player we all fawn over him because he has scored a few pens we all think he's amazing. What a bunch if *****. I bet when Barnes is knocking them in for someone else we will be up in arms about how we should have kept him. Fickle f***ing *****

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Oh and. Glenn was quality. Too good for some of our special fans to realise. But oh well move on. I bet in a few years time BHA will be in the Prem and Muzza will be back in Lg 1. Probably won't be many of these threads then.

Feb 14, 2010
If Gus Poyet really believes that to stay down is a good thing then his logic is flawed. You go up, then go down means you have a bigger budget the following year. I speculate but I expect he is not happy that he let Murray go and spent the money on CMC who is not scoring the goals that Murray would have scored. This I think is just how it is, but everyone makes mistakes, Gus is doing well and the football is superb. We will go up soon.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
hmm.gif

Nicky Forster was the one i was most disapointed with letting go, even Nicky had prolonged spells without scoring though

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If Gus Poyet really believes that to stay down is a good thing then his logic is flawed. You go up, then go down means you have a bigger budget the following year. I speculate but I expect he is not happy that he let Murray go and spent the money on CMC who is not scoring the goals that Murray would have scored. This I think is just how it is, but everyone makes mistakes, Gus is doing well and the football is superb. We will go up soon.

As stated in numerous other threads, we have all done this to death Hoskins was brought here as a replacement....

Will Hoskins: Rotherham United Tribute - YouTube

Now fully fit maybe a technically better player... Let's see.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
hmm.gif

How many times does it have to be said?! Goals are a very small part of Murrays all round game.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
From soccerbase: 09-10 Glenn Murray 28 games, 14 goals. Exactly 1 in 2.

And Nicky Forster got more goals the season before that too , what makes me laugh Ashley Barnes who scored 11 goals in his first step up into the championship last season got slated here but Murray who scored around the same in league one for two seasons is a hero wtf, as i said before Murray had one last good season with us and Ashley Barnes who played less games scored 4 less than Murray.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As stated in numerous other threads, we have all done this to death Hoskins was brought here as a replacement....

Will Hoskins: Rotherham United Tribute - YouTube

Now fully fit maybe a technically better player... Let's see.

Hoskins, in that video at least, appears to be that goal scorer we've been missing. Let's hope Gus gives him a decent run to see if that's the case. Against Peterborough, in his little cameo, he looked very good. What I like about him is that he has put last season behind him and wants to get back in the side now that he's fit and he is certainly good enough. Dare I say that he looks much better technically than CMS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here