Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 years of Gus - on Radio Sussex now... (merged)

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Steve Coppell was approached and turned us down. It was then that Bloom turned to Gus wasn't it?
After that Coppell went on to have his disastrous short lived stay at Bristol City walking out on them on the eve of the season. Image how popular he would have been if he had done that to us..

Dec 29, 2011
You obviously know what the exact figures are ... please tell us!
I don't know the exact figures, but I do know the general figures and it currently looks now (with Murrays form) as if we got a very bad deal. However I will give some leeway... CMS could have come good and been prolific and it's all well and good me saying "we should have kept Murray" with the benefit of hindsight but at the time it was a harder decision for Gus I'm sure
How on earth do you know what Harley or anyone else at the club gets paid?
People have sources and Harley was rated pretty highly when he arrived so would have got a better contract.
In which case you should have told his dad to pull out!!

:lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Steve Coppell was approached and turned us down. It was then that Bloom turned to Gus wasn't it?
After that Coppell went on to have his disastrous short lived stay at Bristol City walking out on them on the eve of the season. Image how popular he would have been if he had done that to us..

Coppell would have been good. Still more than happy with the choice of Gus though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't know the exact figures, but I do know the general figures and it currently looks now (with Murrays form) as if we got a very bad deal. However I will give some leeway... CMS could have come good and been prolific and it's all well and good me saying "we should have kept Murray" with the benefit of hindsight but at the time it was a harder decision for Gus I'm sure

People have sources and Harley was rated pretty highly when he arrived so would have got a better contract.

:lolol:

It was very obvious to a lot of people at the time that it was a mistake letting Murray go.

f*** benefit of hindsight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Murray scored around 6 goals from open play so far big deal.

Anyone who watched Murray when he was with us will know that GOALS alone are about 10% of his all round game. He's a superb all round player.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyone who watched Murray when he was with us will know that GOALS alone are about 10% of his all round game. He's a superb all round player.

Have to say this. Palace fans say they have never seen someone of his ilk who can lay it off with his chest and when the ball comes to him it sticks to him. This is something that CANNOT be said of CMS as it bounces off his shins for the umpteenth time.

Although I concede they are different types of strikers so its not really fair to copare.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Although I concede they are different types of strikers so its not really fair to copare.

But that's the thing. It was silly to sell Murray to get CMS. You need both. Or both types of player, at least. For me it's comfortably Gus's biggest error since taking over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here