Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 years of Gus - on Radio Sussex now... (merged)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thanks Guys

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've heard a rumour that we're making a bid for Messi.

Dec 29, 2011
Murray - we didn't sell him, we couldn't pay the wages he was offered up the road. We could only afford 50% of what he was offered at Selhurst.

Yet me manage to sign a striker for more money than Murray's new contract, who cost a hefty fee too. Doesn't make sense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yet me manage to sign a striker for more money than Murray's new contract, who cost a hefty fee too. Doesn't make sense.

My impression has always been that Murray & CMS were to play together & that Hoskins was Murray's replacement.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Isn't that called budgeting? ??? He knew he was after a player that would cost more in wages, transfer fee and signing on fee, so he kept that to one side. The he worked out what he had left for Murray and it was half of what the scum offered. Does that make sense?:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Plus players like Harley are on hefty wages. I'd rather Murray than Harley + Sparrow + Vincelot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Isn't that called budgeting? ??? He knew he was after a player that would cost more in wages, transfer fee and signing on fee, so he kept that to one side. The he worked out what he had left for Murray and it was half of what the scum offered. Does that make sense?:thumbsup:

Yes but the point that a lot of fans have (and seems to have been proven right over the last couple of seasons) is that Gus clearly undervalued Murray. His sort of player do NOT grow on trees. The only others of his style that come to mind are Rickie Lambert and Grant Holt. We ain't getting them.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Not ready for the Premiership? Poyeh lacks AMBITION, this wood never have hapened under Dean Wilkins (gush!). Instead of Wolves tomorrow we would have gone up as Champions last saeson and be chalenging for Europa, haveing stuffed Chelsea 5-0 (Savage (2), McFaul, Bertin, Kerry Dixon og).

Its all DICK TIGHTS fault, they should of bring back the NUremburg Trials for people like him (the THUMBSCREWS are needed to find out where he hid like the Cup Final money).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus states that he isn't looking to go up this season, stressing the LONG TERM once again.

Wish I'd made some bets with the numerous bellends on here who said he'd be gone within 6 months/1 year/2 years/3 years of joining, just because he's South American so probably a bit flouncy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for the notes Thunder.
Murray - we didn't sell him, we couldn't pay the wages he was offered up the road. We could only afford 50% of what he was offered at Selhurst.
I find that hard to believe.

Plus players like Harley are on hefty wages. I'd rather Murray than Harley + Sparrow + Vincelot.
Well obviously, given that they can't get in our team. But we didn't know that a year ago.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus states that he isn't looking to go up this season, stressing the LONG TERM once again.

Wish I'd made some bets with the numerous bellends on here who said he'd be gone within 6 months/1 year/2 years/3 years of joining, just because he's South American so probably a bit flouncy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
f***ing hell mate,get a grip!

Er, read all of the thread?

:)

Ha ha, I'm fine, but you know what NSC is like. Some people around here would read that, and think that he was *actually* planning to make a bid for Messi. :ohmy:

What's the harm in putting Gus' actual quotes into context, for the benefit of those that weren't listening?

Maybe someone else needs to 'get a grip' :whistle::thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks for the notes Thunder.
I find that hard to believe.

Well obviously, given that they can't get in our team. But we didn't know that a year ago.

We knew that Glenn Murray was a really, really, really, really good player a year ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here