Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 Wins out of 16 =

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
My 13 yr old boy said the match vs Forest was boring. Its the first time he's said it. Hopefully a one off as there are lots of other choices for kids.

I was also at the Forest game. It was dire.
It also didn't help that the travelling Forest support were louder than us. What's worse is that it was a record high attendance!

We'd need 3 new strikers then. It'll take Gus about 5 years to sign them all :lolol:

I reckon we'll get a top striker in. Maybe Austin? However, he'll probably be used as a left winger when coming off the bench for the last 20 every other game..?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The team performance sets the tone for the crowd.

In the last 15 months there have been an awful lot of slow starts in Amex games by the Albion, culminating in losses or draws.

The crowd seem to sense that, particularly after a loss or bore draw in the previous game.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:laugh:
I was also at the Forest game. It was dire.
It also didn't help that the travelling Forest support were louder than us. What's worse is that it was a record high attendance!

I reckon we'll get a top striker in. Maybe Austin? However, he'll probably be used as a left winger when coming off the bench for the last 20 every other game..?

:laugh:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If you win one out of three and lose the other two, that's no better than drawing all three games.

Is that true? It occurs to me that by drawing all 46 matches, the relative position to each other team would be neutral on a game by game basis. by winning one in three, the distribution of points would be +3 against 1 team and -3 against two other teams.

Surely this would be much worse?

Any statisticians able to confirm?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A lot of fans still haven't come to terms with the fact that we are standing still in this division and keep looking for excuses.e.g " we should be top 4 if we had converted all our chances etc ".
We are treading water for one reason only. The manager. He is not good enough to take us any further. He is too cautious by nature and any number of new signings ain't gonna make any difference. We have already seen him out-thought by the opposition boss, more than once this season.
The unpalatable truth for a lot of Gus Lovers out there is that we would be doing better this season under some other Championship managers.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A lot of fans still haven't come to terms with the fact that we are standing still in this division and keep looking for excuses.e.g " we should be top 4 if we had converted all our chances etc ".
We are treading water for one reason only. The manager. He is not good enough to take us any further. He is too cautious by nature and any number of new signings ain't gonna make any difference. We have already seen him out-thought by the opposition boss, more than once this season.
The unpalatable truth for a lot of Gus Lovers out there is that we would be doing better this season under some other Championship managers.

praise.jpg

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

This, and boring negative football, with zero entertainment value.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This, and boring negative football, with zero entertainment value.

I genuinely don't understand this view. Some of the football and entertainment this year has been amazing. We have played some great football but just not been able to finish. I have found it really frustrating but to call it boring is a joke.

Anyone who is anti Poyet should see who Forest have appointed and learn from that.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I genuinely don't understand this view. Some of the football and entertainment this year has been amazing. We have played some great football but just not been able to finish. I have found it really frustrating but to call it boring is a joke.

Anyone who is anti Poyet should see who Forest have appointed and learn from that.

Fine, if you find tippy tappy football with no cutting edge entertaining, then you must be delighted!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Spot on. Well said fella.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fine, if you find tippy tappy football with no cutting edge entertaining, then you must be delighted!

No cutting edge was true last season, not this. We have had a lot of shots this year and got into really great positions through playing incisive, attacking football (the problem is we can't finish). Yes, we haven't been great every game but we have played well more games than not.

As always, there are some people who have decided that Poyet is rubbish so will criticise him/the team whatever happens.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
New article from The Argus

Poyet points to tally for play-offs

GUS POYET has posted 75 as Albion’s magic number for the play-offs.

That is the points tally targeted by the Seagulls boss to guarantee a top six spot in the Championship at the end of the season.

Tenth-placed Albion head into tomorrow’s home clash with sixth-placed Watford on 34 points from 23 games.

Cardiff finished sixth last season on 75 and Nottingham Forest had the same total the year before.

Blackpool squeezed into the play-offs three seasons ago with 70 but Newcastle ran away with the League that year.

Poyet said: “In the play-offs I think you need to be over 74 or 75 normally to have a real chance.

“This year it is so competitive, with everybody close together, that maybe you need less, but the idea is to aim for that and then, if other teams are better than you, you have done your job.

“When we won League One we aimed for two points per game. We maintained that and won the League. The idea now is to make sure we make a little bit over 40 points.”

Poyet has also refused to rule out a second half surge for an automatic spot, even though Albion are now 16 points adrift of leaders Cardiff and 11 behind second-placed Hull with a game in hand.

Reading were sixth, 11 points adrift of top spot, at halfway last season but ended up as champions after signing centre forward Jason Roberts in January.

Poyet said: “Nothing is out of my equation, because we play to win everything. If you want to check and prove situations the easiest one is Reading last year.

“Of course, they changed a few things in January, especially with Mister Roberts arriving. That completely changed the season for them but that’s an option, so we’ll see. I am quite happy at the moment with the way we have been looking for players and the approaches we have made so far.

“The last part is the most difficult. Until they have signed you don’t know what is going to happen, so I am still waiting.”​

-----------

I didn't realise Gus 'play for a point' Poyet plays to win everything?
I wonder who he's got lined up to replace or play alongside CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here