Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 Wins out of 16 =

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Charlton getting beaten left right and centre, good result that 2-2...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Charlton getting beaten left right and centre, good result that 2-2...

That's very short sighted, isn't it. Like most of the postings in this thread. We are not badly placed in the league considering our total ineptitude in front of goal. We aren't far short of being in the top 6, I think we are exactly where we should be in the table at the moment.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The more worry stat is the 36 games without coming from behind to win. That is SHOCKING.

It's actually 68 league games.

This stat would be acceptable if we never lost, however, of course this is not so.

I have yet to hear a case for the manager - we all know go a goal down & we don't win.
Far too defensive, can't break down teams & the pathetic one man up front policy.

Totally unacceptable.

Answer = Gus.

Dont know what his best team is. Dont know his best foramtion is. Dont play players in their right postions. Players dont understand his system.

With all these massively awful stats, I can't see how the majority still purely ignore the information put out there?
More so, how much longer does the board let the stats worsen before something happens to improve things?
We must surely have the worst 'comeback' record in Football League history by now??!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With all these massively awful stats, I can't see how the majority still purely ignore the information put out there?
More so, how much longer does the board let the stats worsen before something happens to improve things?
We must surely have the worst 'comeback' record in Football League history by now??!!

Hopefully the board will sanction buying the strikers we need in EARLY January.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's very short sighted, isn't it. Like most of the postings in this thread. We are not badly placed in the league considering our total ineptitude in front of goal. We aren't far short of being in the top 6, I think we are exactly where we should be in the table at the moment.
It's the similarity to last season, that's bugging me.
Sure last season was all about feeling our way, not losing, staying in the division, job done probably above expectation.

This year is almost a carbon copy but with better players.

A shored up defence that is still protected by 1, 2 and even 3 defensive midfielders.

An ineffectual left side, that is only occasionally addressed, but only for 1 game.

No attacking support from midfield.

No consistent team selection forward of LB.

Unused quality players, Dobbie and Dave.
Which would be understandable if we were f-ing brilliant, the stats and league position say otherwise.

Reliant on the brilliant Buckley who has never been effective for the full 90 minutes.

A centre forward playing like a rabbit in the headlights, because that's what he is.
Acutely aware that if he doesn't score, nobody else will.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Poyet has added 8 players to the squad that finished last season 9th and are we any better. Some would say yes, the table and stats would suggest otherwise.....Should we be any better??? Well with eight new players and Poyet always saying, he never signs a player who isn't better than what we already have.....Make your own minds up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully the board will sanction buying the strikers we need in EARLY January.
Why buy strikerS, when only 1 is going to be used, and unsupported by the rest of the team.

If the ethos is going to change (why would it, what's happened to suggest it will) and the need for more goals leads to a selection of the following:-

- 2 strikers.
- Attacking wing play down both flanks.
- Centre circle to Box midfielder, support.
- Quick, one touch ball movement up the field.

Surely CMS deserves to be given the chance to flourish, instead of feeding off the scraps.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why buy strikerS, when only 1 is going to be used, and unsupported by the rest of the team.

If the ethos is going to change (why would it, what's happened to suggest it will) and the need for more goals leads to a selection of the following:-

- 2 strikers.
- Attacking wing play down both flanks.
- Centre circle to Box midfielder, support.
- Quick, one touch ball movement up the field.

Surely CMS deserves to be given the chance to flourish, instead of feeding off the scraps.

Because our strikers miss chance after chance after chance I reckon.
Hoskins alone missed 4 vs Forest.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'll see your stat & raise you with ;
Not yet beaten a team who were in the top 14 the day we played them

Oh deary me. Who will crack first;
Supports getting bored of watching their team try not to lose.
Chairman, getting bored of pumping millions into and watching his team try not to lose.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Originally Posted by Vegas Seagull
I'll see your stat & raise you with ;
Not yet beaten a team who were in the top 14 the day we played them
;

Huddersfield?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here