Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 Wins out of 16 =

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Whoever we buy in January, if anyone, Gus will undoubtedly still only play one up front.

Unfortunately, his record for forwards is awful. Indeed given the money that has been given, probably our worse EVER manager, in terms of strikers.

Something has to change.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Difference this year in our bad patch is that we should be winning games we are drawing - last year, we didn't look like winning any. Cheer up people!

Absolutely, during the last 16 only Blackpool looked better than us (will exclude Palace as we had 10 men). Playing nice football, 3 pts off play-off with a game in hand. Everything to play for a half point in the season

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The problem is that our style of football is not going to get us promoted, most of teams have worked that out and know how to counteract it. That is why we are failing to beat poor teams like Birmingham and Ipswich at home, unless Poyet realise you need to win matches to go up then we will forever be stuck in midtable. Not good enough to go up but not bad enough to go down

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've dropped down the table because we haven't played. Beat Watford and we're firmly back in the mix. Leeds lose, Forest sack their manager and I don't see anyone ruling them out of the picture.

We just need a decent striker. And Vicente back would be a bonus.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ermm.. they're all above London apart from Bristol which is in line with London?

Keep trying...

We are signing a striker, a pretty decent one at that if all goes to plan.

It hasn't gone to plan for the past few transfer windows. What's to say it will now when Poyet's history suggests it won't.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we don't sign a striker we won't go up and Gus's credibility will take a massive knock.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gus already said we need another option up front back in the last window, and that's been proved right by the results in this first half of the season. He has to get someone new in, even if it means selling to buy. I'll judge him after the window shuts, but I still have faith.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The problem is that our style of football is not going to get us promoted, most of teams have worked that out and know how to counteract it. That is why we are failing to beat poor teams like Birmingham and Ipswich at home, unless Poyet realise you need to win matches to go up then we will forever be stuck in midtable. Not good enough to go up but not bad enough to go down

What you mean, is it's boring and predictable....

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What you mean, is it's boring and predictable....

This has been the sentence of the season for me.

There's this idea that we need to improve or we won't 'go up'. For me it's not about needing to go up. I couldn't care less if we finished in the top 6 for the next 3 years and bailed out in the play-offs. As long as the matches were entertaining.

It's all about entertainment for the fans. The matches I've been to this year have left me bored stiff with my head in my hands.

As soon as the majority start getting bored with Gus 'play for a point' Poyet and his 9 - 0 - 1 formation, many will find better things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

We've got the Spanish but we've got no flair!?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This has been the sentence of the season for me.

There's this idea that we need to improve or we won't 'go up'. For me it's not about needing to go up. I couldn't care less if we finished in the top 6 for the next 3 years and bailed out in the play-offs. As long as the matches were entertaining.

It's all about entertainment for the fans. The matches I've been to this year have left me bored stiff with my head in my hands.

As soon as the majority start getting bored with Gus 'play for a point' Poyet and his 9 - 0 - 1 formation, many will find better things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

We've got the Spanish but we've got no flair!?

My 13 yr old boy said the match vs Forest was boring. Its the first time he's said it. Hopefully a one off as there are lots of other choices for kids.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please can we get rid of CMS in the window?

We'd need 3 new strikers then. It'll take Gus about 5 years to sign them all :lolol:

Seriously though I reckon we're getting 2 in, assuming Hoskins is history, and on top of that a 3rd if CMS gets poached.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here