• Conservatives

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tory boy here, Tories have been a cluster f@ck for a number of years now.

Labour will be a disaster ( as has been proven in the past and won't change under a Starmer leadership )

God knows where my vote will go.
Same, Tory all my life, but won't be voting for that shower that are currently running it. Reform for now as a protest vote against them. Then hope that the Conservative party sorts its act out for next time. Who knows, maybe Labour will do a good job. I often say Blair was the best conservative PM of my life. I'd be happy if Starmer does what Blair does once in power but I'm not holding my breath.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
You’d have thought that being done for breaking the law when Chancellor would be a proper scandal but apparently not…
If only it was my friend, I suppose there is still time for a sketchy video of him surfacing, where he is selling paracetamol from the shop in Southampton to kids and saying the are ecstasy.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The thing I am finding interesting is the lack of local political discourse. Last election, the local facebook groups were full of local activists urging people to go out and vote (mainly for Labour). This time, nothing. There is also a lack of signs. I don't know if this is just a local thing or what but I know that Keir Starmer is not liked here (but neither was Corbyn) - whether that will result in him not being voted for is another thing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The thing I am finding interesting is the lack of local political discourse. Last election, the local facebook groups were full of local activists urging people to go out and vote (mainly for Labour). This time, nothing. There is also a lack of signs. I don't know if this is just a local thing or what but I know that Keir Starmer is not liked here (but neither was Corbyn) - whether that will result in him not being voted for is another thing.

Round our way, my 13 year old son has got into Politics due to all the signs which he sees on his morning paper round. His view is that he won't vote Green because the house with the Green sign has "too many steps" and he doesn't like the Lib dems because the letter box is too small albeit he does like the colour.

I have to say this is the exact type of political discourse I can get on board with

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This from someone who's party of choice gave us Liz Truss! Have you even read or heard anything labour have said this time? So much union influence that one of the biggest refuses to support the manifesto. Have you been around while the tories proved incapable even of managing their own plans?

I despair.
My "party of choice" used indeed to be Tory, but they have screwed up in the last few years. However, having said that, I hate to imagine what an almighty mess the Labour Party would have made trying to steer the country through the Covid nonsense. I will actually be voting Reform UK this time around. Nigel's views are very much aligned with my own.

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
I'll vote Tory.
a) I am conservative, ie centre-right
b) our MP is Conservative, and very good.
But I will not be unhappy if Labour win this election. Rather a lot of things have not gone well with this government and in any case 14 years is a long time under one party. As someone said above, just have to trust that Starmer isn't any worse than he appears to be, and doesn't do too much damage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same, Tory all my life, but won't be voting for that shower that are currently running it. Reform for now as a protest vote against them. Then hope that the Conservative party sorts its act out for next time. Who knows, maybe Labour will do a good job. I often say Blair was the best conservative PM of my life. I'd be happy if Starmer does what Blair does once in power but I'm not holding my breath.
I sympathize. I felt equivalent when Corbyn ran my lot.

That said, Corbyn never got the chance to run down the country. It was just a hunch. At least you have evidence for wishing the current Tories 'begone'.

So the problem is when the protest vote is a wasted vote. Do you actually want a Reform MP? Any chance you might get one? There is every chance they will be like the current Tories, but on steroids. Do you really fancy a slice of that?

Reform may be the best bet to get Helen Whately out down here. Frankly I'd rather have her as MP than some Reform nutter. But there is a slight chance that Reform may split the right wing vote here, allowing Labour to sneak in.

My guess is that Starmer will annoy the far left, as PM, much more than the centre right. A dull Blair lacking charism and gimmicks, just a careful custodian of the nation. At my age, I'm IN!

:thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tory boy here, Tories have been a cluster f@ck for a number of years now.

Labour will be a disaster ( as has been proven in the past and won't change under a Starmer leadership )

God knows where my vote will go.

My "party of choice" used indeed to be Tory, but they have screwed up in the last few years. However, having said that, I hate to imagine what an almighty mess the Labour Party would have made trying to steer the country through the Covid nonsense. I will actually be voting Reform UK this time around. Nigel's views are very much aligned with my own.

I'll vote Tory.
a) I am conservative, ie centre-right
b) our MP is Conservative, and very good.
But I will not be unhappy if Labour win this election. Rather a lot of things have not gone well with this government and in any case 14 years is a long time under one party. As someone said above, just have to trust that Starmer isn't any worse than he appears to be, and doesn't do too much damage.

Although I disagree with you all, you have posted very honestly about what you believe. I still have 20 days to convince you otherwise, but thanks for your honesty :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've never voted blue, and unless something unheard of happens i doubt I ever will. It's not something people who are not selfish, greedy and exclusive do.

I've voted all sorts over the years, and it's just been a number. THis time, in Adur, we have to vote labour, just to get the scum out of the drains.

In an ideal world we'd have a centrist left a little but green thinking party . . .but I don't see politics becoming that progressive in my lifetime Sadly.

It really can't get any worse than the tories can it? If thery hang on somehow we'll literally be festering in our own shit by the end of ther summer.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It'll be our wedding anniversary, so getting out of London and into the countryside to do something special and ignoring all political bollox.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are Reform seen as a serious contender / disruptor in any of this?

I see Nigel is going up against Mordaunt and Raynor in an election debate.

I simply don’t see him as a serious contender and wonder why he is even getting a voice with the big hitters?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I simply don’t see him as a serious contender and wonder why he is even getting a voice with the big hitters?

I believe everyone who has stood and failed to get elected 7 times gets onto prime TV to debate with the deputy leaders of the biggest two parties in Britain .... don't they :shrug:

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024

Good question but the polls suggest they might be.
Perhaps controversially, you could ask the same question about the Green party.

And no, I do not support Farage or Reform.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How’s that working out for Israel?

You’d quickly have the likes of Farage calling the shots, that’s even worse than the ERG nutters
Some people would rather let the rat Farage into parliament because PR is 'fair'.

Much the same way they'd be happy for VAR to be binned, even if the Albion were to be robbed of a cup final because of a decision that would have been ruled out by VAR.

Anyway, Labour can't be trusted, and the Tories have messed up Brexit, so I'm voting Reform.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I believe everyone who has stood and failed to get elected 7 times gets onto prime TV to debate with the deputy leaders of the biggest two parties in Britain .... don't they :shrug:
It's ITV. They think it makes good telly. Nothing to do with democracy.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Same as it was at the beginning - tactical anti-Tory Lib-Dem.

“same as it ever was….”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here