• Monster raving

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The lack of posters, placards and campaigning in the usual safe conservative seat of mid Sussex is amazing. It’s like they just said sod we’ve lost

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I'm undecided. Either I vote for the party that's cocked up the country, wants to send my grandkids off to war in a future compulsory conscription, but has a really good local candidate, worked 15 years for the NHS, 2 kids in local schools, born and raised here, etc ..

Or I vote for some bloke imported from Lambeth, who has a dreadful record as a councillor, who has never lived here, has zero understanding of local issues and is the local representative of the next Govt imo.

Yes there's a couple of others which won't get anywhere.

So, the bigger picture or one that possibly sort out some stuff locally?
Setting aside that I find the fact that anyone who has worked in the NHS for 15 days, never mind years, would even considering voting Tory, actually standing as a candidate mind blowing. That is a conundrum.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
The lack of posters, placards and campaigning in the usual safe conservative seat of mid Sussex is amazing. It’s like they just said sod we’ve lost
I’ve not seen a single conservative sign anywhere, seen lots of greens, some labour, and one Lib Dem one hanging out of a bush.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A Labour government would be the worst possible outcome for this country. Yes, the Conservatives have made a bit of a mess of things, but after a year or two of a Labour government you'll all be wishing Rishi was back at the helm.
Very unlikely.
Their time is up, just like it was in 1997 and just like Labour’s was in 2010.
It’s not healthy for one party to go on and on and on and power, anyway.
What works best is a strong opposition keeping whoever is in power on their toes.
Concerningly it is questionable whether the Tories will be in a position to do that, partly down to their confused ideology and partly as they may not have many MPs.
The whole political system needs an overhaul.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I am not sure I will vote, as I want someone who sits more left than Starmer, but it's impossible for them to win. Starmer also has the privileged title attached to him, that would certainly be difficult to overcome when voting. He doesn't fully represent the working man. It's probably just easier to sit at home and let the youngsters vote him in.
This is definitely a very boring election, I thought someone would have come up with some proper scandal on Sunak, surely he can't be the only Tory not to been involved in some sex scandal?
Fingers crossed that will turn up soon!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's a complex one

I want a Labour Government
I live in a Conservative constituency. Normally, I'd suggest he's not in danger but this time....
The Labour candidate isn't for me.
At a local level, I'd vote Tory - and I've never voted Tory - but I'd never forgive myself if that resulted in a Tory Government.
I'll probably vote Lib Dem.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think we should change our electoral system to PR. It’ll be inclusive and we’ll have no losers.
It’s the modern way.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I dunno, I just find the whole thing so undemocratic.

Ideally, the amount of MPs would be representative of the people overall.

But it's not. I know Labour will win again in my constituency whether I vote or not... I don't want the house to be DOMINATED by Labour MPs either.

I would like to have a few more Green MPs in there, dashed with a few Lib Dems, but I'm very anti EU - so I guess if it boiled down to it, I'd like another Green MP representing me in there?
If I were you I would vote Green then, it might not return the MP you want, but the main parties do take note of where other votes went. None of the main parties had any stated environmental policy in their manifestos years ago, not until Greens started to take some of the vote, the reason the Tories have moved more to the right and EU sceptic is because of UKIP, Brexit Party etc. gaining votes. You can't get the change you want, but you can move the needle a tiny bit in your direction.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It's a complex one

I want a Labour Government
I live in a Conservative constituency. Normally, I'd suggest he's not in danger but this time....
The Labour candidate isn't for me.
At a local level, I'd vote Tory - and I've never voted Tory - but I'd never forgive myself if that resulted in a Tory Government.
I'll probably vote Lib Dem.
This may help. Pop in your Postcode and it will tell who best to vote for to prevent a Tory Government

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A Labour government would be the worst possible outcome for this country. Yes, the Conservatives have made a bit of a mess of things, but after a year or two of a Labour government you'll all be wishing Rishi was back at the helm.
What is the big fear of Labour driven by for you?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This may help. Pop in your Postcode and it will tell who best to vote for to prevent a Tory Government

I live in a constituency where there isn't a tactical vote. We have a Green council but they finished 4th behind a split Labour / Lib vote who were 18,000 odd behind Conservative.

Work that one out

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lib Dems for me. I can't bring myself to vote for either of the two 'main' parties.
I really can't bring myself to vote Lib Dem because of LDC and Norman Baker. I know it was a long time ago but I swore never to vote for them .... regardless of their policies.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I really can't bring myself to vote Lib Dem because of LDC and Norman Baker. I know it was a long time ago but I swore never to vote for them .... regardless of their policies.
I remember years ago when I lived in High Wycombe while we were trying to get permission for the Amex. A Lib Dem candidate knocked on my door.

They were very confused when I said "that I would not vote for a party that was trying to destroy the football club I loved"

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Don't give a shit. It's not a democracy, it's a 50/50 vote.

Doesn't matter who wins, they only care for them selfs and couldn't give a shit about the likes of us.

The majority wanted Labour out when Cameron came on the scene as they were messing the country up, then Conservatives got in and messed it up even more, now people want Labour back in.

Rinse and repeat. That's why the country has gone to shit and will only get worse.

And breathe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here