Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 to sign today? PLEASE let this happen

Rougvie said:
If we can get BURKE it would be a great piece of business, probably Rangers most promising youngster for a good few years and has pace and the ability to beat players on his day.

I'm surprised we havent tried to get Shaun Maloney, who is slightly better than Burke and whom Strachan has been punting to several Championship clubs with a view to a years loan.

I would imagine it would tie MM's hands as he would have to play him week in week out. And he is on record as saying that he prefers midfielders rather than wingers away from home.

Re: Re: 3 to sign today? PLEASE let this happen

Sneaky George said:
"Open those play off doors" Er HELLO! You are living a cloud cuckoo land if you or anyone else thinks we wil be fighting anything other than a relegation battle.

Wake up.

# sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Johathan Swift
# incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"
# a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

A contrast or an incongruity between what is stated and what is really meant, or between what is expected to happen and what actually does happen. Two kinds of irony are: 1) verbal irony, in which a writer or speaker says one thing and means something entirely different; and 2) dramatic irony in which a reader or audience member perceives something that a character in the story does not

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:

2) Up and comers (CKR, Zamora types) from lower leagues or loanees of up and coming stars from higher division teams and from what I've heard and seen Paul Mcshane doesn't fall into that category.

Let's hope I'm wrong and these work out....

I think being in the winning Youth Cup side in 2003 makes him an up and coming prospect. Brighton only made the semi finals around that time and look how many of our current team came through that side.

I'm well chuffed that it's a youngster and he has pedigree so the one game you've seen him play for Walsall is not enough reason for me to start to doubt McGhee's instincts :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: 3 to sign today? PLEASE let this happen

Sneaky George said:
"Open those play off doors" Er HELLO! You are living a cloud cuckoo land if you or anyone else thinks we wil be fighting anything other than a relegation battle.

Wake up.
:rolleyes:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: 3 to sign today? PLEASE let this happen

The Great Cornholio said:
# sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Johathan Swift
# incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"
# a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

Fine... a good point well made but very tricky convey tone on a website.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Great Cornholio said:
I would imagine it would tie MM's hands as he would have to play him week in week out. And he is on record as saying that he prefers midfielders rather than wingers away from home.

Hmmm, not sure I agree, Ive seen Burke play in a few different positions and every time (except against Celtic) he has looked very exciting.

He is the type of player we SHOULD be trying to get in, rather than this futile trialist route that has never really been a sucsess anywhere.

Rougvie said:
Hmmm, not sure I agree, Ive seen Burke play in a few different positions and every time (except against Celtic) he has looked very exciting.

He is the type of player we SHOULD be trying to get in, rather than this futile trialist route that has never really been a sucsess anywhere.

I agree but does MM? Bear in mind he was playing Oatway or Nicholas on the 'wing' at times last year. When asked about Jarrett this pre season, he said he is an exciting prospect but it depends on whether he will play wingers or midfield players who will protect the full backs.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Couldnt agree with rougvie more......

Chris Burke is a very promising talent and would be a great loan aquisition. Mind you if we could wrap up blayney and mcshane today then it would be a timely boost.

a triallist is always worth a look.

Burke would be quality

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Looks like this kid from Man U is 5' 11" not 5' 8". While still not giant he is still taller than Hinshelwood and El Abd.

511094307vn.jpg

He's taller than Keane, Butt and Smith so cant be that small. He's the ginger one in the middle by the way!

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Give em a f***ing chance boys!

They haven't even been here 5 minutes and we're already moaning!

This McShane kid has good pedigree and will give some pretty able support to Butters by the looks of it. The winger from Monaco could be decent, nobdy really knows so lets get behind him and hope he's a success and not be all f***ing smug and say 'I told you so' if he doesn't live up to some peoples unrealistic expectations. If we can get this kid from Rangers then we look very strong going forward. All the talk is of Fedrico and CKR but lets' not forget Knighty who was looking like recapturing his from of two years ago towards the end of last season. Blayney we all know is quality and will be a timely boost if we can get him in today.

Let's go into this season on a positive note for once for crying out loud.

:)

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Carole seems to have had quite a few trials with other Championship clubs. He's recently been at the Saints and was on loan to West Ham last season. A Saints website described him as pacey and skillful.:lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Scarface said:
Looks like this kid from Man U is 5' 11" not 5' 8". While still not giant he is still taller than Hinshelwood and El Abd.

511094307vn.jpg

He's taller than Keane, Butt and Smith so cant be that small. He's the ginger one in the middle by the way!

Another ginger! Excellent news!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Give em a f***ing chance boys!

They haven't even been here 5 minutes and we're already moaning!

This McShane kid has good pedigree and will give some pretty able support to Butters by the looks of it. The winger from Monaco could be decent, nobdy really knows so lets get behind him and hope he's a success and not be all f***ing smug and say 'I told you so' if he doesn't live up to some peoples unrealistic expectations. If we can get this kid from Rangers then we look very strong going forward. All the talk is of Fedrico and CKR but lets' not forget Knighty who was looking like recapturing his from of two years ago towards the end of last season. Blayney we all know is quality and will be a timely boost if we can get him in today.

Let's go into this season on a positive note for once for crying out loud.

:)

SHUT UP.

*smooch*

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Scarface said:

Nah, he's just nearer the camera.

This one is small, that one is far away. Small. Far away.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pretty decent news, although to be honest I'd just be delighted if we only got Blayney, the other two are Bonuses in my eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here