Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 to sign today? PLEASE let this happen

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I saw Paul Mcshane for Wallsall last season and was very unimpressed, don't know what he's doing at United.

As for Sebastien Carole, how he ever made champions league appearances I will never know. He went on loan to west ham and made 1 appearance and has been turned down from trials at Watford and scumhampton...just another reject.

It's good that we're trying to bring players in but why do we have to get all these rejects !?! It's a real shame about Chris Burke as he IS a quality up and coming player

Paul Shane? Will add some weight to the defence. One Ted Bovis, there's only 1 Ted Bovis! :lolol:

Paul%20Shane.jpg

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Lawro's Lip said:
One minute we are lamenting lack of signings - next minute we have two lined up from MAn U and Monaco:lol:

+ Blayney

MM genius if he pulls this one off.:clap2:
we are lamenting,excuse me,its the usual tossers that havent a clue and who arent happy unless their slagging off something abut bha,but some of us havent any doubts have we:clap2: :clap: enjoy the rollercoaster ride

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
dwayne said:
I saw Paul Mcshane for Wallsall last season and was very unimpressed, don't know what he's doing at United.

As for Sebastien Carole, how he ever made champions league appearances I will never know. He went on loan to west ham and made 1 appearance and has been turned down from trials at Watford and scumhampton...just another reject.

It's good that we're trying to bring players in but why do we have to get all these rejects !?! It's a real shame about Chris Burke as he IS a quality up and coming player

Because we have no real money!

Just beacuse a player has played poorly in a poor League one side, does not mean he will be a crap player with us. It works both ways, we have had some quite inept players in the stripes who have performed well elsewhere.

I'm encouraged by these signings, if they work out great, if they don't we will try someone else.

Stumpy Tim

Also, McShane played for a poor Walsall side. Virgo was apparently crap for Exeter but he did okay for us.

In all honesty, I respect Alex Ferguson's judgement on players compared to rookie coach Paul Merson. Jury out on the Monaco guy, but if he's not good enough we won't sign him - simple. Interesting that he's a right winger though. Looks like Hammond will play on the left at the weekend

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
silky1 said:
Because we have no real money!

Just beacuse a player has played poorly in a poor League one side, does not mean he will be a crap player with us. It works both ways, we have had some quite inept players in the stripes who have performed well elsewhere.

I'm encouraged by these signings, if they work out great, if they don't we will try someone else.

don't get me wrong I'm pleased that we've got something in.....and Blayney will be magnificent.

However there are 2 types of player that I would like us to sign (and how the traditional blend at the albion works)

1) Experienced pros who still have hunger, can still do a job and have an illustrious past

2) Up and comers (CKR, Zamora types) from lower leagues or loanees of up and coming stars from higher division teams and from what I've heard and seen Paul Mcshane doesn't fall into that category.

Let's hope I'm wrong and these work out....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Stumpy Tim said:
Also, McShane played for a poor Walsall side. Virgo was apparently crap for Exeter but he did okay for us.

In all honesty, I respect Alex Ferguson's judgement on players compared to rookie coach Paul Merson. Jury out on the Monaco guy, but if he's not good enough we won't sign him - simple. Interesting that he's a right winger though. Looks like Hammond will play on the left at the weekend

Ferguson is not the 3rd team coach at united!

and I suspect the winger will not start satdi

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
at last !!

Blayney deal is the most crucial and if this goes through I'll be well chuffed.
McShane I know nothing about but U19 ireland + the Man Ure link + the fact he's not an over the hill clogger gives me hope.
The monaco winger , again I know nothing about, lets hope he's something a little different and is what we're after.

Surely this means we still have money for other players too ?

ps Burke would of been good but maybe we can get him a bit further into the season.

Stumpy Tim

Ferguson would not allow a youth teamer stay at United if he didn't have potential. And it's well known he maintains a close relationship with the youth team - that's why Beckham, Neville's, Butt etc never have a bad word against him. You never heard Beckham slag off Ferguson even after he was sold. If McShane was no good he wouldn't be at United.

Jury out on the Monaco winger. I just find it interesting that we're going for a right winger - seems to suggest MM rates Jarret above Harty.

Good to have you back dwayne

dwayne said:
don't get me wrong I'm pleased that we've got something in.....and Blayney will be magnificent.

However there are 2 types of player that I would like us to sign (and how the traditional blend at the albion works)

1) Experienced pros who still have hunger, can still do a job and have an illustrious past

2) Up and comers (CKR, Zamora types) from lower leagues or loanees of up and coming stars from higher division teams and from what I've heard and seen Paul Mcshane doesn't fall into that category.

Let's hope I'm wrong and these work out....

Do you think that doesn't apply to 91 other league clubs? A lot of them with better facilities and more money? These type of players are limited and most have been snapped up by now. McGhee might be a great manager but he isn't the only one out there. He's not the only one who can spot talent in a player.

At time, you have to settle for someone who has a chance of being fairly solid. Especially in our fiscal situation.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
If we can get BURKE it would be a great piece of business, probably Rangers most promising youngster for a good few years and has pace and the ability to beat players on his day.

I'm surprised we havent tried to get Shaun Maloney, who is slightly better than Burke and whom Strachan has been punting to several Championship clubs with a view to a years loan.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Icy Gull said:
Man Utd and Monaco players plus Blayney - open those play off doors :)

Although only Blayney looks to be a permanent signing

Argus

"Open those play off doors" Er HELLO! You are living a cloud cuckoo land if you or anyone else thinks we wil be fighting anything other than a relegation battle.

Wake up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here