Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd rd draw - (H) man city

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How does the Junior Seagull cup ticket preference work? What if their supposed chaperone is not a gold/blue member? I will be hacked off if we end up with a load of newbies at Withdean when most people can't be arsed to turn up to cup games as it is. :angry:

Oh god. It is starting already. I don't know what came over me :D

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No doubt the club will charge full price.Hope City bring a few down

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
They should bring down their full allacation.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Man City will get some of the South Stand won't they? They'll fill it no problem I would think.

I think that only applies to the FA cup which requires an allocation of 15%. The west stand should be enough for 10%.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Erm...that's actually quite a good point.

Man City qualified via the fair play scheme therefore making 9 teams that should qualify and only 8 can get a bye so the FA decided that Man City didnt get a bye

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
From MCFC site - looks like we'll have to wait a few weeks:

"However the football authorities have agreed with the Club that our Carling Cup second round tie can take place in the week of the rest of the Carling Cup third round ties, which begins on Monday September 22nd. The draw for round two is made on August 13th"

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Man City qualified via the fair play scheme therefore making 9 teams that should qualify and only 8 can get a bye so the FA decided that Man City didnt get a bye

(From the BBC site ....)

Manchester City have avoided an early-season fixture pile-up.

Unlike the eight other English sides in Europe, City, who reached the Uefa Cup via the Fair Play League, did not get a bye into the Carling Cup third round.

Mark Hughes' side were due to play their second round match in the week commencing 25 August, when they already have a Uefa Cup tie scheduled.

But City will now play their Carling Cup tie in the week of the third round, week commencing 22 September.

The balance of the Carling Cup draw meant that City were not allowed to miss the second round.

Playing on the original date would have meant City faced four matches in eight days, including trips to Denmark and Sunderland.

But, after discussions between the club, the Football League and the Football Association, they have been allowed to delay their entry.

If City reach the Carling Cup third round, that tie will be fitted in at a later date.

MXL

Jan 29, 2006
on the edge of LDC
according to the Man City website the Football League have given permissoin for them to play thier second round game the same time as all the third round games, w/c 22nd september

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm with the post above re Sky coverage. As its the ONLY match that week (bar JPT) there's a very good chance they'll show it, surely? Certainly hope so - it'll mean that everyone gets to see it in some form, and ker-ching for the club coffers :thumbsup:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
So typical i am gere for the original date but on holiday for the secons date, NOT HAPPY!!!!:rant::angry::cry::censored::censored::shootself:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here