Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Lets wait for an official announcement. Palace must be losing money hand over fist with their paltry support and lack of cash generating opportunity at their hovel. Giving us an extra 2k would be worth £50k min to them. So it really is more their loss and very shortsighted. Id be amazed if the owners are that daft.

Whilst it hasn't been officially announced on their website, the owners have announced the 2500 figure yesterday on their BBS ( questions to the owners thread ).

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Personally I was a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now the Amex. But this isn't about me.

Saying we haven't had a capacity above 10k of late is like saying we are undefeated against Manchester United since 1993...

We haven't averaged 10k or more because we haven't had a stadium that could hold 10k or more for quite a while.
We are unbeaten against Manchester United since 1993 because we haven't played them for quite a while.
Wrong read my post.I said from the 1980's.
The Goldstone fitted way above 10k .
p.s.Nice to see a REAL Brighton fan on here rather than the new ones who like pretty, if not very functional, buildings.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Let me get this right, our support is far superior than Palace's despite having more expensive match day prices, and being about 10 places further down the table? Jokes.

Also, I will easily be able to get tickets in the Palace end if I miss out on the away end seeing as I live about 5 stops from Palace on the east london overground line :cheers:

No doubt be joined by 2,000 other Brighton fans.
We have heard that from a lot bigger clubs than you. Millwall,West Ham,Spurs ,Cardiff all in recent years and only the odd few whohave beeen turfed out.So stop giving it the biggun as you just look silly when the match day comes along.
A bit like the 27/09/11 really.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Does seem a very petty, bizarre decision. They got 2,500 at the Amex because a) that's what the away end was designed to hold, and b) the rest was sold out.

That won't be the case at Palace, plus they can easily accomodate more away fans in the Arthur Waite. As they have for West Ham, Millwall etc recently.

They could get another £50,000 in ticket sales alone from giving up 2,000 more empty spaces at full price (NOT kids for a quid), plus programmes, catering spend etc, thick end of £100k probably. Bizarre.

I suspect the real reason is they're scared we might win there again, and they don't want 4,500 away fans creating an atmosphere. That has happened to them against Millwall in the recent past, and Millwall made it a home game and won.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Eh? Do we play at the Sainsburys arena?

Eh, if you haven't notice half of your stand is a Sainsbury's. I don't expect there would be many companies queing up to buy the rights for your new stadium being the scummy tax dodging club you are certainly not the metropolitan police service or the london ambulance service eh.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Only 2500, that's a shame, I enjoyed my last trip there.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Cheers Mr. hawking. Your average of Brighton fans is around 10k then.

How do you work that out? Oh plastics? blah blah yawn.

I am pretty confident that even with a brand new stadium you wouldnt sell out judging by the total indifference to your team felt by south east london residents. My boy plays kids football 5 miles from crystal palace and I have only ever seen ONE other kid ever turn up in a Palace top.

Lets hope there are some plastics who will be bothered to ever come to your games if your pipe dream of a stadium is ever realised. Oh there are always that six thousand that abandoned you after your prem season, or were they just down to bigger away support?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Stop trying to convince yourself that you have even half decent fans.Before this season your last average above 10k was some time in the 80's.The Goldstone wasn't the best but had a roof and yet most of you gave up until legoland was built.
Were you one of them?

Hmmmm maybe that is because we have not had a ground that could hold 10,000... you complete moron..

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Does seem a very petty, bizarre decision. They got 2,500 at the Amex because a) that's what the away end was designed to hold, and b) the rest was sold out.

That won't be the case at Palace, plus they can easily accomodate more away fans in the Arthur Waite. As they have for West Ham, Millwall etc recently.

They could get another £50,000 in ticket sales alone from giving up 2,000 more empty spaces at full price (NOT kids for a quid), plus programmes, catering spend etc, thick end of £100k probably. Bizarre.

I suspect the real reason is they're scared we might win there again, and they don't want 4,500 away fans creating an atmosphere. That has happened to them against Millwall in the recent past, and Millwall made it a home game and won.

this

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
How are Palace gonna sell about 22,000 home tickets when they average about 11K at home ?

I know they could put posters around town pleading for support ............hang on a minute :facepalm:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well I for one and chuffed that we've clearly got under the skins of our 6 fingered cousins from croydon. We have so much that;

1) their fans start bleating on their board about the perceived injustice that the mighty glaziers only received enough tickets for about 40% of their season ticket holders despite seeing that we've given them about the 10% capacity limit that we have to

2) that their owners get so inflamed by this feedback that they feel the need to indulge in some kind of tit for tat crowd restriction despite the fact that they cannot possibly sell them to anybody else because they literally cant give tickets away for their fantastic 'character filled' stadium

3) Dont forget that these owners were the same people who initially claimed they were given 1800 tickets and swore black to blue that was the case until they amended to the right amount when it became clear they were trying to not own up to a selection of tickets they were planning to not sell but rather 'distribute' to their chosen few hundred.

This, for me, underlines that we are very lucky to have the owner and board we have rather than the 'died in the wool lifelong but still not willing to pay back the out of pocket local businesses who were stitched up by previous owners' that seem to have landed south london.

Clearly Parish et al know the price of everything but the value of nothing

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I think there will be lots of empty seats in the Holmesdale Lower. Try to get into Block B where there will be a better atmosphere.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
"We're the Holmesdale, We're the Holmesdale, We're the Homesdale Brighton Boys!!"

"We filled your stadium, We filled your stadium"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here