Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I would rather the 14000 average of our fans than the day trippers/Premiership exiles and fans who deserted you when times were good.
Which one are you?

True, I couldn't get to all games because of work.
You must remember work. Something you do to earn money to pay bills, rather than scrounge off us workers. But being Palace, maybe you don't remember it afterall.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Why not against Reading? You got something against teams that win games.

I'm amazed that BRIGHTON of all people can take the high ground over attendances when you couldn't get more than 5,000 fans in your ground for the last few years. Suddenly loads of Arsenal/United/City fans want to come, and you STILL can't sell out a new ground!!!

At least the fans in our ground watch the last twenty minutes, regardless of the score :)

Oh god, another one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm amazed that BRIGHTON of all people can take the high ground over attendances when you couldn't get more than 5,000 fans in your ground for the last few years. Suddenly loads of Arsenal/United/City fans want to come, and you STILL can't sell out a new ground!!!

:facepalm:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

At least the fans in our ground watch the last twenty minutes, regardless of the score :)

:facepalm: I recommend you look at the link that was put on this thread on the first page before saying shit like that :lolol:

As for the last twenty minutes, it's so empty at Shithurst for the previous 70 minutes as it is, you won't be able to tell who's left or not.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lets wait for an official announcement. Palace must be losing money hand over fist with their paltry support and lack of cash generating opportunity at their hovel. Giving us an extra 2k would be worth £50k min to them. So it really is more their loss and very shortsighted. Id be amazed if the owners are that daft.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Lets wait for an official announcement. Palace must be losing money hand over fist with their paltry support and lack of cash generating opportunity at their hovel. Giving us an extra 2k would be worth £50k min to them. So it really is more their loss and very shortsighted. Id be amazed if the owners are that daft.

This. Reminds me what it was like to lose money every game at Withdean

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Err, we've sold out every league home game and come close to selling out for early Carling Cup games. Also, we have sold out an England U18 match FFS, okay okay the tickets where £3 but Palace can;t sell out their own HOME games when offering tickets for a £1 let along an England kids game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
you STILL can't sell out a new ground!!!

Every single home ticket for every single home league game at the Amex has sold out. That's a FACT. Unfortunately we're unable to do much about away teams who are unable to fill the end we give them.

If you doubt this, trawl through Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures where you'll find 'Sold out' news about every home league game this season. I know I don't have to look at your site to know that you've not sold out one game yet.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Maybe, but we still have more left in our ground at 90 mins than you do.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
You're not averaging 14,000 Palace fans though, are you?

Your average attendance so far this season has been skewed by the 20,000 who came along to see West Ham. And 4,356 (four thousand three hundred and fifty six) of those were 'appy 'ammers.

The average Palace attendance for home games is way below 14,000.

Hope this helps :)
Cheers Mr. hawking. Your average of Brighton fans is around 10k then.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
We've sold our soul to big business? Our ground is sponsored - that's selling our 'soul' is it? What was your 'average' when you were in the Prem? Where are these 'fans' now? About one out of ten of your posts actually makes sense. The rest are utter crap. The ones on this thread fall in the latter category.
Thanks for your input although I would say 10% being sensible was pretty high for this forum.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Every single home ticket for every single home league game at the Amex has sold out. That's a FACT. Unfortunately we're unable to do much about away teams who are unable to fill the end we give them.

If you doubt this, trawl through Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures where you'll find 'Sold out' news about every home league game this season. I know I don't have to look at your site to know that you've not sold out one game yet.
Stop trying to convince yourself that you have even half decent fans.Before this season your last average above 10k was some time in the 80's.The Goldstone wasn't the best but had a roof and yet most of you gave up until legoland was built.
Were you one of them?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Thanks for your input although I would say 10% being sensible was pretty high for this forum.

That's very rich coming from you. Mindless drivel most of the time.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Let me get this right, our support is far superior than Palace's despite having more expensive match day prices, and being about 10 places further down the table? Jokes.

Also, I will easily be able to get tickets in the Palace end if I miss out on the away end seeing as I live about 5 stops from Palace on the east london overground line :cheers:

No doubt be joined by 2,000 other Brighton fans.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
1) Clearly it's disappointing to get only 2500 tickets, it will sell out easily and some fans will be disappointed

2) There is an element of childishness about the decision of the Palace owners - they only got 2500 tickets, so they'll only give us that. To be fair, deep down they probably do realize that the reason for their AMEX allocation was that the ground only holds 22500, of which 18500 were presold to season ticket holders, and with complementaries and the guaranteed 1K available for match to match home sales, this meant no more available to away fans. Away allocation will increase when the ground is upgraded to £30K+.

3) It will cost the Palace owners ~£40K in ticket revenue after tax is deducted. They're rich enough that this doesn't really matter I suppose - 10K each is probably nothing to them, and 'money well lost' I guess.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Stop trying to convince yourself that you have even half decent fans.Before this season your last average above 10k was some time in the 80's.The Goldstone wasn't the best but had a roof and yet most of you gave up until legoland was built.
Were you one of them?

Personally I was a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now the Amex. But this isn't about me.

Saying we haven't had a capacity above 10k of late is like saying we are undefeated against Manchester United since 1993...

We haven't averaged 10k or more because we haven't had a stadium that could hold 10k or more for quite a while.
We are unbeaten against Manchester United since 1993 because we haven't played them for quite a while.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1) Clearly it's disappointing to get only 2500 tickets, it will sell out easily and some fans will be disappointed

2) There is an element of childishness about the decision of the Palace owners - they only got 2500 tickets, so they'll only give us that. To be fair, deep down they probably do realize that the reason for their AMEX allocation was that the ground only holds 22500, of which 18500 were presold to season ticket holders, and with complementaries and the guaranteed 1K available for match to match home sales, this meant no more available to away fans. Away allocation will increase when the ground is upgraded to £30K+.

3) It will cost the Palace owners ~£40K in ticket revenue after tax is deducted. They're rich enough that this doesn't really matter I suppose - 10K each is probably nothing to them, and 'money well lost' I guess.

We gave Palace the same allocation we give everyone else. Fair and equitable.

Palace are giving us less allocation than they give most/all other teams. Example: West Ham had just shy of 4,500 there.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's incredibly childish...they got our maximum away allocation, what more did they want. Refusing to give us the same away allocation as they have given other clubs is just so so petty.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
That's very rich coming from you. Mindless drivel most of the time.
Stop answering will you I am busy trying to work and these Tesco trollies won't return to the front of the store by themselves.
Stopped crying yet ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here