Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
You are getting 20k and well done for that.The trouble is you carry on as if you have been getting these crowds for the last 50 years rather than the past 10 weeks .It is all new to you lot,,just like a kid with a new toy.Eventually the excitement of being in this division,attending a 'soccer' match and in a new stadium will wear off.
Did you see Wolves crowd last night against Man. City-12000, Blackburn against Newcastle 10000,but then you are obviously a bigger club and have better fans than any of these.
To summarize for you-
IF YOU HAD BOTHERED ATTENDING OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS THESE CROWDS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING NOW,IT IS A NOVELTY TO MOST OF YOU.
FACT.

More like an opinion, rather than fact..

But who cares? Times are good for us at the Moment. Sure, we'll have to work to a certain extent to keep the crowds, but 1000+ on the waiting list for Season tickets is a good start.

We can't deal in hypothetical futures, or even live in the past. It is quite stupid really to look at crowd levels at Withdean, a terrible football experience only for the most die hard, and to draw any conclusions from that.

All we have is what we've got - a great ground, a season ticket waiting list, a fantastic manager, and finance to build the team. And I suppose a 36-33 win aggregate over Palace :thumbsup:

Yh 1-3 :lolol: and we will just keep looking at you WAY over our shoulders. Your forever in our shadows. Carry on.

Would that be the shadow of 2 administrations in a decade, points deduction for financial irregularities, a club refusing to pay the St Johns Ambulance fees, home crowds of 5, 7 & 11k, away support totalling less than 300 for a championship league game, putting up posters pleading for season ticket holders, a ground in decay, no major honours, etc ..

some f*cking shadow ! - i'm getting a tan already :tosser:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Not gonna bother reading your obsession about our attendances but the reason you'll get 2,500 seats is because the Met Police seem to be able to cherrypick what we can and cannot do regarding tickets now.

Based on "Police Advice", we're only allowed to allocate Millwall the same amount. They may be utter scum but I bet there will be more violence when we play you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not gonna bother reading your obsession about our attendances but the reason you'll get 2,500 seats is because the Met Police seem to be able to cherrypick what we can and cannot do regarding tickets now.

Based on "Police Advice", we're only allowed to allocate Millwall the same amount. They may be utter scum but I bet there will be more violence when we play you.

Met Police advice or not, didn't your Chairman post on BBS saying that we would get the same allocation straight off?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Would that be the shadow of 2 administrations in a decade, points deduction for financial irregularities, a club refusing to pay the St Johns Ambulance fees, home crowds of 5, 7 & 11k, away support totalling less than 300 for a championship league game, putting up posters pleading for season ticket holders, a ground in decay, no major honours, etc ..

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Met Police advice or not, didn't your Chairman post on BBS saying that we would get the same allocation straight off?

Not sure regarding chairman's comment, the exaggeration of the police at present surrounding CPFC is a disgrace. They have far too much influence on the proceedings now.

If we can allocate more tickets I'm certain we'll do so. We normally play better when the away team has the whole stand anyway - The 5-0 is evidence of that.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It was absolutely nothing to do with us having a vastly inferior team and budget, I'll give you that.

Ok, another example being West Ham the year we went up. They had 8,000 supporters and we won that. We also beat Norwich that season who also had 8,000 attending and they won the league.

The 5-0 was purely for banter.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Selhurst Park capacity: 26,309
Crystal Palace v Reading 29/10/11: 21,002

Maybe try 50p a ticket next time.
Our current capacity is 18,619 for home fans due to ridiculous segregation and safety.

Which was sold out today.

Directors, Exec Boxes and Guests/Players etc add an extra 1500 or so to that number.

Might want to do some research before trying to be a smartarse.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Our current capacity is 18,619 for home fans due to ridiculous segregation and safety.

Which was sold out today.

Directors, Exec Boxes and Guests/Players etc add an extra 1500 or so to that number.

Might want to do some research before trying to be a smartarse.

So if you give away fans 2500 then youre saying over 3000 seats are left empty for segregation? :lol: Yeah alright mate. Try 50p next time :lol:

Never mind the extra 10k at those prices must have made you about £20k or so, about half of what you'd make if you gave us a decent allocation, at least the premier fans who went for the day out had an entertaining 0-0.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Selhurst Park capacity: 26,309
Crystal Palace v Reading 29/10/11: 21,002

Maybe try 50p a ticket next time.

Sadly incorrect. Selhurst Park today had 19000 tickets available for home fans. Almost every ticket was sold in the home end.

We were actually closer than I thought we'd be to a sellout. :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

One of the best academies in the country, brilliant young manager, third in the league, some of the best players in the division, Premiership seasons (you've had ZERO), Premiership joint top scorer, playoff finishes, not been out of the top two tiers for 35 years, etc. etc.

Compared to Brighton? 6000 crowds every week until this year, Nine games without a win, Championship whipping boys? (not in that way benders)

Please... Just feck off back to your natural level at the bottom of League 1. I could understand your post if you were doing WELL, but at the moment you're absolute shite and we're flying with 5 consecutive clean sheets and 8 games unbeaten.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Does a natural level include buying on credit and then waving the white flag?

Really silly to boast about your superiority, when your 'boom' years were paid for by creditors. If it makes you happy, then so be it.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Does a natural level include buying on credit and then waving the white flag?

Really silly to boast about your superiority, when your 'boom' years were paid for by creditors. If it makes you happy, then so be it.

If by creditors you mean almost all money owed to Simon Jordan and an aggressive hedge fund, yes. We didn't wave the white flag, we had it rammed down our throats. What about the other 25 "boom" years? Those ARE proof of our natural level.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The difference a game or two makes. Teams, through out England, were recovering from the 80s decline. If we had beaten Notts Co in the play off final, things might have been different. You ended up in the top flight when the SKY honeypot was created. We started our terminal decline upon the orders of our board.

I find it a little odd that we are chastised, ridiculed and put down for bearing the brunt of an asset stripper. You haven't been through what we have. We face extinction. We fought. We battled. We eventually won. You have played the uncertain game of administration twice.

You know very well that we stood up and we were counted when the going got tough. You Norwood drips could do with a little bit of fight.

Your meek, it wasn't our fault/it was an aggressive hedge fund/blah blah blah is tiresome. Boast all you want about 35 years in the top two divisions. But ask yourself a question as to whether you earned it?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Yes, we did. Administration has only been in the last 10 years; you can't just ignore the previous 25.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It wasn't even a very cunning trap, yet you still stumbled right into it...

you STILL can't sell out a new ground!!!

Sadly incorrect. Selhurst Park today had 19000 tickets available for home fans. Almost every ticket was sold in the home end.

We were actually closer than I thought we'd be to a sellout. :)

So, in summary...

1. Little old Brighton, who can't buy a win, have sold out EVERY SINGLE HOME TICKET FOR EVERY LEAGUE GAME SO FAR THIS SEASON.

2. Little old Brighton have not had to resort to any special offers in order to achieve this.

3. Big boys Crystal Palace, who are on an amazing run of form, HAVE NOT SOLD OUT A SINGLE GAME THIS SEASON.

4. ...despite doing a special 'all but free to get in' offer.

Check mate, game over, I'm outta here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here