Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£24?!?! Shame on you!

westsussexmackem

Aug 1, 2011
...West Sussex.
We shall see, couple years we will be prem and you will get relegated (i hope) then we will be getting the worse of the deal again. nothing personal against you, really dont like sunderland fc esp steve bruce and his stupid buffon on his head and also have a similar dislike for newcastle, cant believe they are a league above middlesboro when boro are bigger then both clubs!! Reason £15 up a SoS is that you cant fill your ground normally except against newcastle. sorry for the rant but Sunderland and Newcastle both get my goat. and breeeeaathe

So is that why they struggle to get 15k nowadays? I've seen some hilarious stuff posted on message boards but I think this takes the biscuit.

Anyways, I don't think £24 is that bad especially with prices such as QPR's £50, West Ham's £46 (end of last season) it's just how modern football is now.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
So is that why they struggle to get 15k nowadays? I've seen some hilarious stuff posted on message boards but I think this takes the biscuit.

Anyways, I don't think £24 is that bad especially with prices such as QPR's £50, West Ham's £46 (end of last season) it's just how modern football is now.

can i have my hook and line back please? dude im messing about haha go get a cold flannel - your bigger then middlesboro really..........................

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He said it was tongue in cheek but I'm not sure....

Boro are renowned for the vast swathes of empty seats at their ground, for most league games never mind the cup.

This is a tough one to call, attendance-wise. Prices are high, and, with all due respect, Sunderland aren't a big draw in the true sense of the term. A lower to mid ranking Premier League team, similar to Stoke last year, Bolton, West Brom, Blackburn etc is never going to fire the imagination. Mrs Doubtfire will no doubt play the second string anyway which is even less of a pull. Crowd will probably be similar to the last round against Gillingham, which was helped by reduced prices and the fact that it was only the second chance ever to see the new stadium.

PS the QPR prices are appalling aren't they? There were loads of gaps in the crowd at Loftus Road the other day, for their first Premier League game in however many years. Terrible marketing by their club. Ecclestone and Briatore seem to be trying to get rid of all the normal fans and replace them with London rich-boy day trippers. The trouble is, such people are more likely to be at Twickenham than at a football game, and even if they did decide on a spot of round ball fun, they'd go to Chelsea or Arsenal or Spurs long before they bothered to look up the route to Loftus Road. Feel very sorry for their fans, for whom the experience must have been ruined. And never mind the 4-0 home defeat to Bolton...

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
It's been a long time since Sunderland were known as the "Team of All Talents" or the "Bank of England club"!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
For a carling cup tie £24 is a high price to pay for tickets!:rant:

Whilst I agree that £24 is a high price to pay for tickets, was it not the Premiership teams that paid ludicrous amount of wages to the players...resulting in necessary 'high' prices for tickets to pay for them...and of course, this mentality, following down through the leagues in order to give us 'little' clubs a chance to compete with the 'big boys'....?

On behalf of Brighton and Hove Albion , I apologise for our club attempting to compete with you.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I pay about 45 quid in total very time I travel to the AMEX coming from Kent once you
have added ticket plus travel fares.

Last season I didn't have a season ticket and it was even more expensive.

The bottom line is: I love watching and supporting the Albion so much that
I willingly pay this and have to constantly juggle my other responsibilities
to get down to watch (as I'm sure we all do).

If you don't like paying 24 quid........then look at it as contributing to the
success of the club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On behalf of Brighton and Hove Albion , I apologise for our club attempting to compete with you.

Spot on! It's not that long ago they were in the same position as us-now they think they'll be doing us a favour by playing their reserves plus a couple of decent players? Like I said in an earlier post-I hope we really embarrass them on the night whether they play their reserves or not.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
For a carling cup tie £24 is a high price to pay for tickets!:rant:

Rubbish
last season £24 would have got you a plastic seat on a rickety bit of scaffolding at a ground only fit for the school sports day. Oh and the away fans would have paid top whack for only a couple of hundred tickets, a view they needed binoculars for and no roof (but a nice plastic bag aka a poncho, in your club colours, to sit in if it rained)

2769970117_0475068b8d_z.jpg

Now £24 GETS YOU a padded seat in an award winning state of the art stadium, WITH A ROOF and some of the FINEST PIES I have experienced in forty years watching BHA and THOUSANDS of tickets for away fans
thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Rubbish
last season £24 would have got you a plastic seat on a rickety bit of scaffolding at a ground only fit for the school sports day. Oh and the away fans would have paid top what for a view they neeed binoculars for and only a couple of hundred

Now £24 GETS YOU a padded seat in an award winning state of the art stadium, WITH A ROOF and some of the FINEST PIES I have experienced in forty years watching BHA and THOUSANDS of tickets for away fans
you the man

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rubbish
last season £24 would have got you a plastic seat on a rickety bit of scaffolding at a ground only fit for the school sports day. Oh and the away fans would have paid top whack for only a couple of hundred tickets, a view they needed binoculars for and no roof (but a nice plastic bag aka a poncho, in your club colours, to sit in if it rained)

2769970117_0475068b8d_z.jpg

thumbnail.aspx

This

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Swansea city charging Sunderland £30 a ticket for their next away game

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
My ticket cost £37 in the WSL centre ouch £35 for the ticket + £2 booking fee, quite a lot for the lesser cup competition me thinks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here