Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£24?!?! Shame on you!

sunderland fan

Aug 12, 2011
Would that still be the price if you where playing Chelsea instead of us?
Just interested to find out.

No for league games we have Cat a games, scum, man united, chelsea etc; then all the rest are a different price

Sunderland always get done (same as newcastle) at away games with high tickets prices, due to our big away support!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If it was at the SoL it would be £15 tops, and £5 for kids!

That's because not a lot of Sunderland fans would want to pay that much to see you lot play a Championship side, so they lower the prices accordingly. Plus you have 40,000 odd seats to sell, whereas we have 22,000 to sell, along with the fact that everyone wants to be at every home game because of the new ground and the current buzz around the club, and that we are playing an established Premier League side. + Southern prices of course.
I agree that the tickets are overpriced for a Carling Cup 2nd round game, but we're going to get 16-18k in guaranteed anyway, so the club would be stupid if they didn't make as much profit out of it as possible.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
£24 would actually be fairly reasonable, but most tickets for home fans will be more than that. Think yourself lucky.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
For a carling cup tie £24 is a high price to pay for tickets!:rant:
We still need income from conventional sources (ticket sales) in order to run our club. The millions you get from SKY appears to have affected your memory when it comes to how normal clubs generate their income.

You have two choices: pay £24 and attend or stay at home. You'll probably pay a decent amount in travel costs and food/beer so another 5 or 10 quid is nothing really when looking at your total costs for the day.

My seat is going to cost me £33 plus a booking fee so I'm looking at £35. If it had been a proper premier league club I might have gone...

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
This is how I see it. At the end of the day if we want to sustain our time in the championship and watch decent football week in, week out, we have to be prepared to pay these prices sometimes.

The clubs wage bill has probably doubled since moving in to the Amex and there are also a lot of other overheads the club did not have at The Withdean. And if we want to attract the very best players in the future, we need to be able to cover their wages.

I am absolutely chuffed to see the quality of CMS and Buckley arrive at our club. If we wont more like this we need to pay.

Last edited:

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
This is how I see it. At the end of the day if we want to sustain our time in the championship and watch decent football week in, week out, we have to be prepared to pay these prices sometimes.

The clubs wage bill has probably doubled since moving in to the Amex and there are also a lot of other overheads the club did not have at The Withdean. And if we want to attract the very best players in the future, we need to be able to cover their wages.

I am absolutely chuffed to see the quality of CMS and Buckley arrive at our club. If we wont more like this we need to pay.

Totally agree, which is why I'm going!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here