• Calling it for Trump

Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Has he performed that badly if you are an average American in an average American State? There seems to be this perception that America is mainly places like New York and California. It’s the opposite.

I’d far rather Biden won than Trump, but it was pretty obvious it was going to be a lot closer than predicted, so much so I even put a bet on a Trump win, and I’m not a betting man.

Does a bet on a Trump win still get paid out if the win is (eventually) in court rather than through declared results?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What does Trump know that we don’t?

Why call into question the legitimacy of the result if you’re projected to win it anyway? If he’s odds on to win it, why create a shit storm if it’s yours on a plate?

Is he genuinely worried these last counts are going to go against him?

He knows there are still a massive amount of postal votes still to be counts in states where he is ahead at the moment, many of these are massive numbers, over one million in some cases and they know a vast majority of those are votes by democrat registered voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Does a bet on a Trump win still get paid out if the win is (eventually) in court rather than through declared results?

Assume so.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He knows there are still a massive amount of postal votes still to be counts in states where he is ahead at the moment, many of these are massive numbers, over one million in some cases and they know a vast majority of those are votes by democrat registered voters

How does he know, surely it's a secret ballot. Could be an even split

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That speech..... FFS, the guy is a lunatic. How is this happening again?!

After this and 2016, the Brexit vote and last election here, questions need to be asked whether adults in the Western world are actually too stupid now to be allowed the vote?

So democracy should be stopped because the results don’t go the way you want?

I was anti Brexit and anti Trump first time round. I’m totally indifferent between Biden and him this time and think it’s grossly arrogant for Brits to suggest Americans are stupid for voting for a person in the country they live in after four years of experiencing his leadership.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So democracy should be stopped because the results don’t go the way you want?

I was anti Brexit and anti Trump first time round. I’m totally indifferent between Biden and him this time and think it’s grossly arrogant for Brits to suggest Americans are stupid for voting for a person in the country they live in after four years of experiencing his leadership.

Trump is a Gemini so perhaps some of his personality traits should be given a bit more leeway?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to say am surprised as thought Trump would get trounced. Just goes to show.

Hoping he somehow gets the victory though , at least Trump stands up to the easily offended crew.

Done better than expected will will no doubt upset a few more

Confusing process though

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You'd want to check the specific terms with whoever you place the bet with, but you'd likely be OK with most I think.

This is Betfair's rules:

Who will be elected to be the next President of the United States of America as a result of the 2020 presidential election?

This market will be settled according to the candidate that has the most projected Electoral College votes won at the 2020 presidential election. Any subsequent events such as a ‘faithless elector’ will have no effect on the settlement of this market. In the event that no Presidential candidate receives a majority of the projected Electoral College votes, this market will be settled on the person chosen as President in accordance with the procedures set out by the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

This market will be void if an election does not take place in 2020. If more than one election takes place in 2020, then this market will apply to the first election that is held.​

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Civil war on it's way

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm didn't vote in the poll because I had a feeling it would be close

What happens, whatever the result Trump's racism, white supremacy and lies have been vindicated.

A sad state of affairs, Britain has its problems but I hope we don't ever end up in this place

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
i wonder how the person who bet £1m on Biden is feeling.

Laying some off?
doubling down?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
i wonder how the person who bet £1m on Biden is feeling.

Laying some off?
doubling down?

Good odds right now

tru.JPG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
one of the worse trends of recent years is people being told they voted wrong. not a discussion to convince them of the alternative, just that they are wrong.
Did the majority that voted for Johnson's Tory party get it right with hindsight?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What does Trump know that we don’t?

Why call into question the legitimacy of the result if you’re projected to win it anyway? If he’s odds on to win it, why create a shit storm if it’s yours on a plate?

Is he genuinely worried these last counts are going to go against him?
This struck me when I heard his " press Conference", he said he had won here there and everywhere with increasing numbers on 2016, he was bigging up almost every state ( except those he lost of course, no mention of them) and how it was going to be a landslide THEN said that there was fraud!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
If Trump wins I'm taking it as the final and incontrovertible proof that there is no god. I'll accept the irony of this given that his victory will only be achieved through the overwhelming support of the bible belt voters.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
one of the worse trends of recent years is people being told they voted wrong. not a discussion to convince them of the alternative, just that they are wrong.

You and I had numerous discussions on how we would operate without a border in Ireland or the Irish Sea. I really think the Brexit discussions are over and the facts are all there now for everyone to see.

I'm quite happy to continue the discussions, just quote this post over on the Brexit thread where it should be, and we can continue, and not take this thread O/T (obviously same goes for the post you quoted and others who are trying to make similar points on this thread, you know who you are). Happy to discuss this on the relevant thread :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm didn't vote in the poll because I had a feeling it would be close

What happens, whatever the result Trump's racism, white supremacy and lies have been vindicated.

A sad state of affairs, Britain has its problems but I hope we don't ever end up in this place
We're not far behind

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here