Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Maybe, I am not sure. Interested to know what the outlets people are watching are saying.

The postal votes certainly seem to be becoming important. I thought these were expected to favour Biden so things are looking good for him.

That's always been my expectation too which is why, in no small part, Trump is trying to claim fraud.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That speech..... FFS, the guy is a lunatic. How is this happening again?!

After this and 2016, the Brexit vote and last election here, questions need to be asked whether adults in the Western world are actually too stupid now to be allowed the vote?

The US problem, going by analysts overnight, is that 10m’s of the poor, ethnic minorities and young even now can’t be bothered to register to vote.

Whilst in swing counties in swing states, the Republicans are a well oiled machine. Countless party members knocking on doors and making calls.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Does it matter what Russia and China love?

Out of all the countries in the world these 2 have some of the worst human rights. If they don't like you maybe you are doing something right?

Sadly nothing to do with human rights. A US that is hamstrung with a clown of a president and an incoherent foreign policy is just what Russia and China want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe, I am not sure. Interested to know what the outlets people are watching are saying.

The postal votes certainly seem to be becoming important. I thought these were expected to favour Biden so things are looking good for him.

They were always going to be vital. Making up 2/3 of all votes and the reason why worried Trump has spent weeks claiming election fraud.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The US problem, going by analysts overnight, is that 10m’s of the poor, ethnic minorities and young even now can’t be bothered to register to vote.

Whilst in swing counties in swing states, the Republicans are a well oiled machine. Countless party members knocking on doors and making calls.

The big story is the spike in turnout though. The highest since 1908 and, given it'll only reach about 2/3 of the electorate, we should raise an eyebrow about claims of the world's greatest democracy.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Got a few questions for the more US savvy posters.
1. Can Trump just say it's going to the Supreme Court, or is there a procedure for such things?
2. When would this decision be made, and are votes still counted in the meantime?
3. The Supreme Court is 6-3 in favour of Trump, however would they all agree to what he's saying?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Biden shortening

nme.JPG

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
That speech..... FFS, the guy is a lunatic. How is this happening again?!

After this and 2016, the Brexit vote and last election here, questions need to be asked whether adults in the Western world are actually too stupid now to be allowed the vote?

I didn’t vote Brexit, never voted Tory and don’t want Trump to win, but your statement there is the reason for all the above events happening. The hatred/disdain that you (and the liberal media) show for ordinary people, just because you disagree with them, is quite stunning. You clearly are far superior and cleverer than them. Yet you choose to live in Fareham! (That last bit is a joke, almost.)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The big story is the spike in turnout though. The highest since 1908 and, given it'll only reach about 2/3 of the electorate, we should raise an eyebrow about claims of the world's greatest democracy.

I’ve loved that aspect.

But it all boils down to counties in swing states, the Republicans know they have lower voter numbers across the nation, but cleverly simply focus efforts there.

So for example, millions more Hispanics and Blacks voting in California, Illinois and New York couldn’t turn this into a Biden landslide.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I didn’t vote Brexit, never voted Tory and don’t want Trump to win, but your statement there is the reason for all the above events happening. The hatred/disdain that you (and the liberal media) show for ordinary people, just because you disagree with them, is quite stunning. You clearly are far superior and cleverer than them. Yet you choose to live in Fareham! (That last bit is a joke, almost.)

one of the worse trends of recent years is people being told they voted wrong. not a discussion to convince them of the alternative, just that they are wrong.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
On the NYT tracker, Georgia is currently showing as 91% counted with Trump up by 3 points.

However they still rate it 64% probability of a Biden win.

Presumably because the remaining votes to be counted are postal, and/or from Democratic heavy districts etc.

This is the kind of example of why Trump is trying to get it all shut down now.

Now 92% counted, Trump lead drops to 2 points...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Got a few questions for the more US savvy posters.
1. Can Trump just say it's going to the Supreme Court, or is there a procedure for such things?
2. When would this decision be made, and are votes still counted in the meantime?
3. The Supreme Court is 6-3 in favour of Trump, however would they all agree to what he's saying?

Supreme Court will follow the law. Recent case on postal votes they deadlocked, leaving it to states to decide their rules. cant see how they'll reverse that decision, they'll want every vote counted in every contested state according to each state's rules.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
one of the worse trends of recent years is people being told they voted wrong. not a discussion to convince them of the alternative, just that they are wrong.

totally agree

I don't think it's a trait that is entirely present in "the left" or in the case of america "centre-right" but it is quite prevalent with sections of that community and DEFINITELY pushes people further towards voting for thinks like Trump, Brexit and the Tories who could have perhaps been persuaded otherwise if their concerns were heard rather than just calling them stupid

it's different towards the left- rather than attacking intellect it tends to be on things like "you can't vote for this if you're a patriot" etc.

but generally political discourse has become incredibly polarised and it's all about what "team" you're on. Everything done by your team is good and everything done by the other team is bad....there is often very little thinking beyond that by a lot of people

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Now 92% counted, Trump lead drops to 2 points...

There was a water main burst in Atlanta and that delayed the counting. The district yet to count is this one ... and it's traditionally Democrat

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What does Trump know that we don’t?

Why call into question the legitimacy of the result if you’re projected to win it anyway? If he’s odds on to win it, why create a shit storm if it’s yours on a plate?

Is he genuinely worried these last counts are going to go against him?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What does Trump know that we don’t?

Why call into question the legitimacy of the result if you’re projected to win it anyway? If he’s odds on to win it, why create a shit storm if it’s yours on a plate?

Is he genuinely worried these last counts are going to go against him?
Could also just be doubling down. He may be advised that doing this swings the odds even more in his favour.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here