• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2.5m mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania. That’s a huge chunk of votes going Biden’s way.

With an incredibly dangerous 48 hour vacuum in between.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow. NYT now making Biden favourite for Georgia - if you look where the votes are still to come from, it makes sense.

That would be huge.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wow. NYT now making Biden favourite for Georgia - if you look where the votes are still to come from, it makes sense.

That would be huge.

How? Postal votes ?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Under your system only the Democrats would ever rule.

Not sure a system or country that only has a single party ruling is a healthy democracy.

Don't be silly.

You do understand that, in a democracy, political parties are allowed to change don't you?

A system where the Republicans have to shift their position somewhat in order to appeal to a majority across the country rather than to a minority of people, but concentrated in a few states, sounds more like the democracy than the current situation.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I much prefer elections like this....

El7cUuYX0AYN1kj.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Don't be silly.

You do understand that, in a democracy, political parties are allowed to change don't you?

A system where the Republicans have to shift their position somewhat in order to appeal to a majority across the country rather than to a minority of people, but concentrated in a few states, sounds more like the democracy than the current situation.

But the Democrats don't have to do a single thing to shift their position though do they.

They can rely on their large cities to carry them and do sweet FA for much of rural America.

How do the people of those states like Wyoming, Montana, The Dakotas etc ever get any representation under that system?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
AZ & PA seem critical... is that right? Just getting up to speed with what’s been going on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How? Postal votes ?

No - sorry, I mean the precincts that still haven’t reported. They’re almost all massively democratic. The lead for Trump is 300k but there’s still over a million votes to be counted. By no means is it a sure thing for Biden, but Virginia showed what is likely to be a pattern in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania - an early Trump lead followed by a late (and big) blue surge.

Trump now starting up his “they’re trying to steal the election” argument, which doesn’t really work as he isn’t ahead either in seats or the popular vote, so not quite sure how that works.

Also says they should stop counting, but also angry that one network has already called Arizona against him so, actually, he wants them to...keep...counting. ****ing idiot.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Here we go...

[Tweet]1323864823680126977[/Tweet]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Joe Biden seems confident.

It's going down to the wire, isn't it? Probably won't know until Friday at the earliest.

I'm off to bed.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
PA long been the key state in this election.

If Biden takes Arizona, he may well just need one other from the "blue wall" as well as PA

I think it's two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here