Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 December 21 (end of Mayan calender) what do you think will happen?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
...then you'll be suprised to know the Mayans actually managed to estimate the distance from earth to the moon being only 5 miles short!

Evidence?

This is a load of religious clap trap, for those of us that don't happen to be trapped into that cycle of bullshit, the predictions mean very little. Happy December 22, 2012 everyone!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Personally how I see it, we're reaching the end of time as we know it. We'll be entering a new era where Human will have to learn to create some sort of utopia in order to maintain a civil society. For this to happen we'll have to experience collapses in Governments and Banks, a divide in the classes, a failure in education, crippling mental health and realisation of how the world has been unfairly controlled. I seriously believe the riots in London were indications of whats to come more than whats happening now. But if you read Nostradamus 2012 prediction, he's got it down as 'the world will end as we know it', this isn't a doomsday prediction but more a spiritual changing within the living creatures of this earth to finally realise it is all ours to share because there's enough resource and technology for every one of us to live like kings if we all accepted we are all one.

But hey thats just my opinion, what do you think?
I think I'll be Christmas shopping.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
so? The Anti-Kytherian mechanism from 100bc calculated that...
Maybe remarkable for the america's but they werent the first by a long shot

And yeah to add to what i think will happen...absolutley sod all, because it is a load of codswallop

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not to mention Hitler and Princess Dianas death. The Mayans calender is what Nosrtadamus actually bases his prediction on (ancient study of astrology). If you reckon the Mayans were just a load of 'bollocks talking hippies' then you'll be suprised to know the Mayans actually managed to estimate the distance from earth to the moon being only 5 miles short!
You're confusing astronomy with astrology. Astronomy is a science. The Mayans, like many ancient races, were very good at astronomy and measuring and observing the physical universe. Astrology on the other hand, horoscopes and stuff, is a complete crock of shit. I've no doubt that the Mayans, like us, had a mixture of astronomers and astrologers. DON'T confuse the two.

If you really believe all the astrological predictions of Nostradamus, Mother Shipton, the Mayans, Russell Grant, etc then you are a gullible cretin. You're not alone, but you ARE a gullible cretin.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Mayans will go out and buy another calendar :p

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Not to mention Hitler and Princess Dianas death. The Mayans calender is what Nosrtadamus actually bases his prediction on (ancient study of astrology). If you reckon the Mayans were just a load of 'bollocks talking hippies' then you'll be suprised to know the Mayans actually managed to estimate the distance from earth to the moon being only 5 miles short!

You really need to look into this more he did not predict September 11th, amazingly all his prediction he appear to have gotten correct have been written by an author after they have happened not before. Since the books have been published i dont believe any of his predictions have come true.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whilst I think your original, sensationalist post is way off the mark, we do need to start to realise that we're all part of the Earth system and need to stop crapping all over it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

The Mayans were amazing, no doubt about that. Don't really know about Nostradamus though, he seemed to get a lot right, but then as someone above said, it has been taken apart and put back together so much that it's hard to tell what to make of it, especially as he wrote it in some weird code in the first place.

But the twin towers thing, I remember reading (someone's interpretation of) his prediction of it about 5 years before it happened, and then when it did actually happen 5 years later it all seemed a bit too real.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
If you reckon the Mayans were just a load of 'bollocks talking hippies' then you'll be suprised to know the Mayans actually managed to estimate the distance from earth to the moon being only 5 miles short!

And yeah to add to what i think will happen...absolutley sod all, because it is a load of codswallop

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
How does the end of time work then? No more days, nights, seasons, years? Time is measured in these quantities.
21st December? I shall probably be doing my Christmas shopping.

Current survival is based around Time (9 to 5). After 2012 survival will not require anything based on time but instead the lessons we've learnt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Current survival is based around Time (9 to 5). After 2012 survival will not require anything based on time but instead the lessons we've learnt.

So we starve to death because there are no seasons for crops to be planted and harvested? Sounds weird to me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That may well fine and dandy, but did the roman church not mess about with the years meaning we dont really know what bloody year it is !

Someone help me here

Our yearly calendar is based on a fictional figure being born anyway, so we could call this year whatever we like, or any year for that fact!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Woah, you posted the same thing a minute earlier

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I really don't want the world to end while I'm buying my Christmas turkey in Tesco's, thank you very much.

And what about all those leap years we've had?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
The Mayans were amazing, no doubt about that. Don't really know about Nostradamus though, he seemed to get a lot right, but then as someone above said, it has been taken apart and put back together so much that it's hard to tell what to make of it, especially as he wrote it in some weird code in the first place.

But the twin towers thing, I remember reading (someone's interpretation of) his prediction of it about 5 years before it happened, and then when it did actually happen 5 years later it all seemed a bit too real.

In truth regardless of what Nostradamus has said it dosen't change a thing. The Egytian and Mayan calendar both end on the exact same dates but yet both races were situated on different sides if the ocean never coming into contact. that alone is enough to wonder if something may happen. Look at all the clues already! Has no one noticed the big massive comet in the sky right now labbelled 'Nibiru'? yes it could be anything but predictions were made that on september 27th when this planet englined with the moon it would cause a natural disaster. Did it? read the news, that same day the Phillipines was hit by a huge Typhoon. This same comet/planet/whatever you want to call it, is the comet which is associated with the 2012 predictions and whats going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here