Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010 Election,why are Labour closing the gap ?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"What policies or political stance makes him so bad ? "
Quoted by Westdene Seagull.

Thats the point.
The Tory Party have not outlined any detailed policies yet. They are solely hoping that a momentum for change will carry them through.

During the forthcoming campaign Osborn will be marginalised and hidden by the Tory Party, so that he does not frighten the electorate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
3 polls tonight all bad for labour

icm
tory 39
labour 31

you gov
tory 37
labour 32

bpix
tory 37
labour 30

brown being found out

Surely because the gap is closing that indicates that it is Cameron that is being found out?

intellect on financial matter????

sell our gold for sweet fa.
get us into the biggest debt since the war, so our recovery is slower than tin pot economies like spain?

give me a break, he may not have caused the recession but he has made it a hell of a lot worse than i could have been. and we are to suffer for years to come because he is scared to say where the cuts are coming from just before the election.

we must get rid of his misguided mismanaged bloodyminded governing style

In what way did he make it 'a hell of a lot worse than it could have been' and what were the tories proposing to do differently that would have made it better?

Hmmm .... so you hate him because he's rich rather than for any poltical stance he's taken or any policy he's suggested ? Reverse snobbery by any chance ?

Well, it's a bit like General Hague shouting 'we're all in this together' as he telephones the front line from miles away with the order to the troops to go over the top.

Do I not like him because he is rich? No. I don't like him because he thinks he is as affected by the recession as much as those that are poor, or who lose their jobs through cutbacks, or who can't afford elderly care or any host of factors that have a bearing on the quality of life for those at the wrong end of the wealth spectrum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't like him because he thinks he is as affected by the recession as much as those that are poor, or who lose their jobs through cutbacks, or who can't afford elderly care or any host of factors that have a bearing on the quality of life for those at the wrong end of the wealth spectrum.

and you think any politician is affected by those issues these days? after one term away from their constituancy, most have forgotten their roots, if they ever had roots there anyway (lots of MPs are dropped into seats). there was a programme recently about MP staying with families on council estates. the Labour chap came off pretty bad, he literally couldnt be interested in the issues they had. very clear as as a jaded old hand he'd given up (was standing down), but i expected more empathy. i dont know why he did the program and wondered why he'd bothered to stand in politics the last few times round.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
and you think any politician is affected by those issues these days? after one term away from their constituancy, most have forgotten their roots, if they ever had roots there anyway (lots of MPs are dropped into seats). there was a programme recently about MP staying with families on council estates. the Labour chap came off pretty bad, he literally couldnt be interested in the issues they had. very clear as as a jaded old hand he'd given up (was standing down), but i expected more empathy. i dont know why he did the program and wondered why he'd bothered to stand in politics the last few times round.

But I didn't say I like any other politician! I know they all have faults but I was commenting on why I didn't like Osborne.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Better the devil you know...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't like him because he thinks he is as affected by the recession as much as those that are poor, or who lose their jobs through cutbacks, or who can't afford elderly care or any host of factors that have a bearing on the quality of life for those at the wrong end of the wealth spectrum.

Find me a direct quote where he's stated that he's affected as much as the poor.

"We're all in this together" is true - some are more affected than others ( I've been made redundant while others have seen the income on their savings drop ) but whether it's losing your job to having to pay more tax to fight the deficit - we are all indeed in it together.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Find me a direct quote where he's stated that he's affected as much as the poor.

"We're all in this together" is true - some are more affected than others ( I've been made redundant while others have seen the income on their savings drop ) but whether it's losing your job to having to pay more tax to fight the deficit - we are all indeed in it together.

As a tv lawyer would say, 'asked and answered'. His slogan suggests that we are all going to take the rough with the smooth. Unfortunately, for the majority it will be the rough and for Osborne it is the smooth.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I found it astounding that Labour had the cheek to make a pledge out of restoring the economy and halving the defecit. We were among the first nations to enter into recession and one of the last to leave. The unprecedented defecit is entirely of Labour's making. Why should they be trusted as the party to resolve it.

Reducing the defecit will involve colossal cuts in public spending, which will be resisted by the unions (and Labour's paymasters) at every turn. If Labour regain power we can expect half hearted attempts at defecit reduction to be undone by union action. In short, the loss of our AAA credit rating, a visit from the IMF and holidays at home in perpetuity as the pound won't be worth a damn.

Before the replies come in denouncing me as a Tory or a toff, I have little confidence in the Tories ability to tackle these problems head on either, as they seem to be devoid of any real conviction. Historically, we have had coalition governments at times of national crisis. I am coming round to thinking that a hung parliament might actually be beneficial now, as it will force meaningful dialogue between the parties.

We live in interesting times.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Did this in politics on friday. Basically, the closer to the election date, the more policy stances the public expect. When a policy is given, some will be really pissed at it, and change who they are voting for. But also because the Tory's are a shitty little group of shitty little men. Who are shitty. The little shits.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Did this in politics on friday. Basically, the closer to the election date, the more policy stances the public expect. When a policy is given, some will be really pissed at it, and change who they are voting for. But also because the Tory's are a shitty little group of shitty little men. Who are shitty. The little shits.

So rather than compare the policies when the parties have all published them you've already made up your mind ? Great politics student you are !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reducing the debt to over £ 80 000 000 000 pounds, yes look at the numbers
£ 80 000 000 000 in 5 years is meant to be some sort of achievement is it ?.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But also because the Tory's are a shitty little group of shitty little men. Who are shitty. The little shits.

you should put that scholarly and deep insight into your next essay, im sure it will get an extra star. :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Reducing the debt to over £ 80 000 000 000 pounds, yes look at the numbers
£ 80 000 000 000 in 5 years is meant to be some sort of achievement is it ?.

Yes, that's 80 billion, we don't need you to write out all the noughts! We also know that is supposed to be half the debt. I would of thought someone in your line of work would be impressed with anyone that pays off half their mortgage in only 5 years!

Out of interest, can you remind how much of the debt the Tories are planning to reduce it by and by when?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I found it astounding that Labour had the cheek to make a pledge out of restoring the economy and halving the defecit. We were among the first nations to enter into recession and one of the last to leave.

Possibly because of our over-reliance on the chancers of the financial services sector?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Yes, that's 80 billion, we don't need you to write out all the noughts! We also know that is supposed to be half the debt. I would of thought someone in your line of work would be impressed with anyone that pays off half their mortgage in only 5 years!

Out of interest, can you remind how much of the debt the Tories are planning to reduce it by and by when?

I wish if i could be so woefull that when i run up a f*** off big debt and end up having to screw everyone in the country to have any hope at repaying it, i could still have some blind indeviduals that would still like me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
So rather than compare the policies when the parties have all published them you've already made up your mind ? Great politics student you are !

:lolol: I'm not old enough to vote so at the moment my support is purely superficial, and its ideological. Labour most fit my ideoligcal belifes :thumbsup:

I might be bad, i'm not THAT bad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here