Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010 Election,why are Labour closing the gap ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Have you seen what caused it?

Labour, and in particular the cool financial head of Gordon Brown, stopped the cashpoints running dry within days and the country resembling something out of 28 Days Later shortly after that. You won't hear even the most frothing at the mouth Tory Boy on here deny it. For sure Gordon Brown's made mistake, some of them massive. But his heart's in the right place, and his intellect on financial matters is second to none.
You literally live in a dream world, you really arent in touch with reality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How can anyone justify the assault on our freedoms that this government has brought upon us.

Wake up Labour voters as you are sleepwalking into a dreadful nightmare. Just look at this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/henryporter/2010/mar/27/intercepting-mail-stasi-tax-inspectors

This is before you even consider the economy. I dont care who you vote for just dont vote for this lot..

What he said.

This is a government that, under the guise of "anti-terrorist" legislation has been the most repressive regime since the days of Liverpool and Wellington.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
however shit labour might be, for me there is nothing to suggest that the tories are any better whatsoever

clever chap its living in Fishersgate ............................I used to live there

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You literally live in a dream world, you really arent in touch with reality.

better than the nightmare world that will be bought by a tory Government,reality is that they will line their pockets like always but must admit some of Labour are just as bad.

it sickens me to hear shameron talking about the NHS if he and the last tory mess had their way there would be no NHS
shabby as it is our NHS,Army,police force, and many other things of the like have been kept going fairly well by Labour.

Oh sorry I forgot about the railways (selling off by the tories) best not mention that though

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it sickens me to hear shameron talking about the NHS if he and the last tory mess had their way there would be no NHS

and if we had the last Labour mess we'd be in the dark ages with an economy smaller than Portugal and weekly strikes. grow up, politics changes. whats their actual policy today, rather than what you think their policy might have been 13 years ago? (not to mention that Labour with PPP & PFI has quasi-privatised much of the NHS anyway, just we pay more for it this way)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Now you mention it...

My teacher does vote Labour

Now there's a surprise!

There appear to be some young people on here who apparently know what its like to live as an adult under the Tories.

But for one second lets look at some facts, prior to the last Tory government Labour had near bankrupt this country, sounds familiar,
the national debt was huge, sounds familiar,
the unions were holding the country to ransom, sounds familiar,
the waste in the NHS was immense, sounds familiar,
the private sector was propping up the over whelming public sector, sounds familiar.

Forget the recent past of banks causing the problem, Brown has systematically over spent and over borrowed since Labour returned. Yes the country had the feel good factor but again we as people over borrowed. The never never has now become the here here and we'll be paying for it for the rest of our days.

I'm not saying the Tories will do any better and that's largely due to not having a stronger enough leader. We need a hard hitting no nonsense government that will face up to the debt and quickly. If that hurts joe public for a few years well tough most of the problems were brought on by ourselves and this useless shits of a government.

Dandyman

In London village.
Now there's a surprise!

There appear to be some young people on here who apparently know what its like to live as an adult under the Tories.

But for one second lets look at some facts, prior to the last Tory government Labour had near bankrupt this country, sounds familiar,
the national debt was huge, sounds familiar,
the unions were holding the country to ransom, sounds familiar,
the waste in the NHS was immense, sounds familiar,
the private sector was propping up the over whelming public sector, sounds familiar.

QUOTE]

As a percentage of GDP National Debt fell from 49.48% in 1973 to 43.61% in 1979. The private sector then as now was heavily subsidised by the public purse and Labour were alienating their core support then as now meaning that the unions were responding to cuts in real living standards.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I never fail to be amazed by the number of delusional Labour supporters on this board who continue to live in complete denial of their 'great leader's' cock ups over the last 13 years.He more than anyone else in this appalling Government to bring this country to the point of bankruptcy ...as Chancellor then unelected P.M........reckless spending,huge expansion of a largely unproductive and unreformed public sector,'roadblock to reform';my God,how many times is it that Labour's own M.P.'s have tried to get him out because they don't want him....well,nor do the majority of voters either....those with a brain anyway!!::wrong::nono:

larus

better than the nightmare world that will be bought by a tory Government,reality is that they will line their pockets like always but must admit some of Labour are just as bad.

shabby as it is our NHS,Army,police force, and many other things of the like have been kept going fairly well by Labour.

Oh sorry I forgot about the railways (selling off by the tories) best not mention that though

Tell that shit to the soldiers that were underprepared when they went to Iraq. Ignore what Brown says, listen to what ALL of the Generals/Chief of Defence say. Not 1 has had a good word to say about him. The guy is a complete knob-jockey.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I washed my hands of Labour years ago when the country was in danger of being run by the Unions, I could not give my vote to the Torys so went to the Liberals.
Due to the mess that the present government have made in taking us to war,opening our borders to all and sundry who are bleeding us dry,to reducing the National Health service to its present state and dragging our education system down to a very low level I must for the sake of my grandchildren vote Tory for the first time in my life. They may not be the answer but they must be given the chance.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I never fail to be amazed by the number of delusional Labour supporters on this board who continue to live in complete denial of their 'great leader's' cock ups over the last 13 years.He more than anyone else in this appalling Government to bring this country to the point of bankruptcy ...as Chancellor then unelected P.M........reckless spending,huge expansion of a largely unproductive and unreformed public sector,'roadblock to reform';my God,how many times is it that Labour's own M.P.'s have tried to get him out because they don't want him....well,nor do the majority of voters either....those with a brain anyway!!::wrong::nono:

Brown is no saint but what a load of bull. If his MPs wanted him out then that would have happened. Just because one or two suggest a leadership campaign that doesn't mean the whole parliamentary party want him out. If one or two Brighton supporters wanted Poyet out would you argue that they are speaking for everyone? As for being on the point of bankruptcy, I take it you are blaming Brown for the global recession.

Tell that shit to the soldiers that were underprepared when they went to Iraq. Ignore what Brown says, listen to what ALL of the Generals/Chief of Defence say. Not 1 has had a good word to say about him. The guy is a complete knob-jockey.

I agree we weren't as prepared as we could have been but bear in mind that the tories cut defence spending when they were last in power! How prepared would we have been then?

larus

As for being on the point of bankruptcy, I take it you are blaming Brown for the global recession.

No, he wasn't. But he is culpable as the government was still spending more than it was raising in taxes at the end of the economic cycle, which is when you would be expecting to be paying back your national debbt, not increasing it (as per Gordon Brown's golden rule - yeah, right).

You are trying to defend the indefensible.

Let's assume your work is seasonal (peaks and troughs as per the economic cycle and tax receipts/government expenditure). You would be an absolute fool to spend more that you are earning at the peak of your earning season, knowing that your income is going to drop later. However, this is what GB did, and he's trying to blame the rest of the world. :shrug:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
polls tonight the gap is getting large again
express
tory 38
Labour 28

Com Res
Tory 38
labour 30

You Gov
Tory 39
Labour 32

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A lot of wishfull thinking in this thread. The latest issue of the Economist magazine, although now in the grip of the gooey left ponders why a government would run up debt during a boom?

Er, maybe its because they are crap and clueless? It also pointed out that the economy was top heavey with a bloated public sector spending a greater share of GDP than even Germany.

Now back to the real world. Whoever wins will get a right poisoned chalice, Labour deserve to win to cop all the shit to come over the next 2 years. I am suprised they are not leading after the biggest election bribe in history.

The worst outcome would be a hung parliament, if these cuunts cant work together and theres every sign they wont the city will lose confidence and the country will go down the shitter.

Polls always underestimate tory support as there supporters tend to be working hard while the slobs that vote themselves other peoples money are handy by the phone.

I would say we are f***ed whatever the outcome. I haven't decided who to vote for yet either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here