Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010 Election,why are Labour closing the gap ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:nono: same way brown and labour have f***ed this country have you seen the debt

Have you seen what caused it?

Labour, and in particular the cool financial head of Gordon Brown, stopped the cashpoints running dry within days and the country resembling something out of 28 Days Later shortly after that. You won't hear even the most frothing at the mouth Tory Boy on here deny it. For sure Gordon Brown's made mistake, some of them massive. But his heart's in the right place, and his intellect on financial matters is second to none.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

Labour, and in particular the cool financial head of Gordon Brown, stopped the cashpoints running dry within days and the country resembling something out of 28 Days Later shortly after that. You won't hear even the most frothing at the mouth Tory Boy on here denying it.

we need a change but who????

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Labour, and in particular the cool financial head of Gordon Brown, stopped the cashpoints running dry within days and the country resembling something out of 28 Days Later shortly after that. You won't hear even the most frothing at the mouth Tory Boy on here deny it. For sure Gordon Brown's made mistake, some of them massive. But his heart's in the right place, and his intellect on financial matters is second to none.

intellect on financial matter????

sell our gold for sweet fa.
get us into the biggest debt since the war, so our recovery is slower than tin pot economies like spain?

give me a break, he may not have caused the recession but he has made it a hell of a lot worse than i could have been. and we are to suffer for years to come because he is scared to say where the cuts are coming from just before the election.

we must get rid of his misguided mismanaged bloodyminded governing style

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Top post. Keep labour in and cons OUT! The cons would have raped this country.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Labour are closing the gap because they are the political cognoscenti and they have their eye on the ball. They are the good guys, and their five election pledges are honest, decent and truthful:

The first of the five pledges is to secure economic recovery, halving the current £167bn budget deficit.

The second is to raise family living standards – with low mortgage rates, increased tax credits for families with young children, helping first-time buyers and relinking the state pension with earnings from 2012.

The third is to build a hi-tech economy through support for businesses and industry in creating a million new skilled jobs and the delivery of high-speed rail, a green investment bank and broadband access for all.

The fourth is to protect frontline investment in policing, schools, childcare and the NHS – with a new guarantee of cancer test results within a week.

The fifth pledge is to strengthen fairness in communities through controlled immigration, guarantees of education, apprenticeships and jobs for young people and a crackdown on antisocial behaviour – with victims entitled to take out civil injunctions, funded by the local public authority, if the police are not taking action within a set time.

Oh, and the million or so Labour voters who withheld their vote last time on account of Tony B.Liar's collaboration in the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq will be back to vote this time around. They won't be voting Tory, and they won't be pissing their votes up the Lib-Dem wall either.

Go LARGE on Labour :thumbsup:

Well said :thumbsup:

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Its because George Osbourne has the most punchable face in politics. "Were all in this together" said this heir to a multi million pound fortune. Yeah Id love him to be chancellor. If the Tories had Ken Clarke in that position it would make the difference.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Labour are closing the gap because they are the political cognoscenti and they have their eye on the ball. They are the good guys, and their five election pledges are honest, decent and truthful:

The first of the five pledges is to secure economic recovery, halving the current £167bn budget deficit.

The second is to raise family living standards – with low mortgage rates, increased tax credits for families with young children, helping first-time buyers and relinking the state pension with earnings from 2012.

The third is to build a hi-tech economy through support for businesses and industry in creating a million new skilled jobs and the delivery of high-speed rail, a green investment bank and broadband access for all.

The fourth is to protect frontline investment in policing, schools, childcare and the NHS – with a new guarantee of cancer test results within a week.

The fifth pledge is to strengthen fairness in communities through controlled immigration, guarantees of education, apprenticeships and jobs for young people and a crackdown on antisocial behaviour – with victims entitled to take out civil injunctions, funded by the local public authority, if the police are not taking action within a set time.

Oh, and the million or so Labour voters who withheld their vote last time on account of Tony B.Liar's collaboration in the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq will be back to vote this time around. They won't be voting Tory, and they won't be pissing their votes up the Lib-Dem wall either.

Thank god we support the same football team,'cos you and I are never going to agree on politics!!

Cheeky Chappie

Sep 27, 2007
The polls are closing because a large percentage of the population can't see beyond the next welfare handout. It can't go on for much longer before the whole system collapses. I think we'll find out if Mr Brown gets re-elected.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Its because George Osbourne has the most punchable face in politics. "Were all in this together" said this heir to a multi million pound fortune. Yeah Id love him to be chancellor. If the Tories had Ken Clarke in that position it would make the difference.

Hmmm .... so you hate him because he's rich rather than for any poltical stance he's taken or any policy he's suggested ? Reverse snobbery by any chance ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

On the first pledge they haven't said HOW they're going to do it. Indeed, the closest Darling has come is to admit that he will have to cut more than Thatcher did. Also, they haven't mentioned at all that not only do we need to cut the defict but start paying back what we've borrowed.

How can we trust these pledges ? One of their key pledges at the last election was to allow a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty - strange how that never happened. Brown lied at the Iraq enquiry. The government constantly said our troops had the right equipment and enough of it in Afganistan yet the generals denied this. In fact the government has now spent billions on ordering new equipment - if the troops had the correct equipment in the first place why the need to buy new ?

They've spent billions on a flawed ID scheme and have grown the big brother society - they clearly don't trust us so I'm buggered if I'm going to trust them with a further term.

Brown / Labour have lied, lied, lied and lied. Look at the MPs recently caught out try to sell their services.

Brown has a fat chance of getting my vote - I don't know who to vote for but for the first time in my life I may vote tatically to hopefully rid us of this lying, useless, incompetent government.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm not saying that I agree with it. However, in the middle of a recession, the electorate tends to be much more cautious about change. It happened in 1992 and it's happening now. Part of that probably explains why the electorate are getting cold feet around the Tories.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Hmmm .... so you hate him because he's rich rather than for any poltical stance he's taken or any policy he's suggested ? Reverse snobbery by any chance ?"
Quoted by Westdene Seagull.

Any one who was arrogant enough to join the Bullingdon Club should not be allowed to head one of the major departments of Government, thus controlling millions of lives.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
"Hmmm .... so you hate him because he's rich rather than for any poltical stance he's taken or any policy he's suggested ? Reverse snobbery by any chance ?"
Quoted by Westdene Seagull.

Any one who was arrogant enough to join the Bullingdon Club should not be allowed to head one of the major departments of Government, thus controlling millions of lives.

So he's got enough money to join an exclusive dining club - big deal. Plenty of people join golf clubs that are exclusive and stupidly expensive - it doesn't mean they would make a bad government minister.

What policies or political stance makes him so bad ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The first of the five pledges ...

ah yes, the 5 pledges. i watched that and as far as i could tell, i had heard them all before. and when i say before i mean over the last 10 years, with the exception of the debt (he didnt use to worry about running up a deficit) and the green bank. everything else was stuff that has supposed to have already been pledged - yet either it hasnt delievered or they are just going repeat it for the sake of it. some of it is nonsence too, with intangible/unqualified objectives or measures of their achievment (handy, you can just say it was delivered) and utterly pointless. why exactly is a Labour PM promising broadband for all when there are people living in substandard housing?

I blame Blair and America. Not Brown. Roll on may elections.

why is it all Blair and america? Brown was in charge of the finances and we in the UK where upto our eyes in the same issues that proved problematic in the US (funding much of the sub-prime market - i think more CDS where trded here than in the US).

Labour, and in particular the cool financial head of Gordon Brown,

surley Darling as current chancellor? is that the same head that cooly borrowed and spent billions in the good years, believeing he had introduced some economic miracle of low inflation steady, contant growth and no possibility of economic bust? you cannot let Brown off the hook, he brought us the recession.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here