Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2.5 million animals killed in the UK daily, for food.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Eating meat is probably incredibly unethical, we just don't realise it yet - the people of the future will in all probability regard our civilisation as barbaric.

Its more unethical in terms of the impact on the environment, the deforestation of the Amazon is primarily driven by demand for meat. We're more efficient in Europe because dairy is such a big part of our diet here and beef is essentially a bi-product of that, not to mention that most of our meat (and dairy for that matter) is produced battery-style. But essentially the amount of land needed to make an equivalent amount of meat is far more than for vegetables.

However we evolved as a meat-eating animal, we are a meat-eating animal and the idea that future civilizations would regard us as barbaric for eating meat makes little sense. They might think us stupid for wasting so many resources on raising animals to eat, but not barbaric.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
We're not in the ice age, it's of no relevance to why we eat meat now. I eat it because I like it, pretty much like all the food I eat. If I'm brutally honest I really don't give a flying toss if the beef I'm eating was ethically raised or given a chance to prance around a lovely grassy field or was soothed by the songs of a thousand virgins as it was humanely slaughtered, just shoot the f***ing thing and get it on my plate, same thing goes with eggs, I don't care if the chickens were given a cage to live in or an open barn to run around in, all chickens are twats anyway with their beady little eyes and stupid bobbing heads, lock the little fuckers up I say and make them lay more eggs the smug tossers, and when they can't lay eggs anymore get their useless feathery arses down to KFC.

Post of month :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm a meat eater too, but that doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true :)

apart from the bit where you said "We evolved to have the ability to eat meat because during the ice age it was the only available source of food which could provide enough energy for us to survive"

which is a load of bollocks

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't mean to sound harsh or dismissive but ....... like any of us meat eaters give a f*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in the day Vikings didn't give a f*** about killing children, whereas today it is generally frowned upon...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I heard a few years back, 1,000,000 chickens get their accounts closed per hour in the US. That's quite a stat. Wonder what the total is now? Seeing what gets served up on Man v Food, it could make us look like veggies in comparison.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
all chickens are twats anyway with their beady little eyes and stupid bobbing heads, lock the little fuckers up I say and make them lay more eggs the smug tossers, and when they can't lay eggs anymore get their useless feathery arses down to KFC.

Very little on the internet actually makes me laugh out loud, but I have just spat coffee over my desk & keyboard! Bravo! Top ranting!

:laugh: :clap2:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
That's the point. There is no good reason to eat meat today - but when lifeless meat, identical to living meat in taste and texture, can be manufactured in factories, the thought of needlessly slaughtering and effectively torturing other living things will seem barbaric to the people of the future, just as we regard the people of the past to be barbaric for other reasons.

I eat meat because I love
Chicken tikka Dansak
Uncle SAMs chilli burgers
Chicken Donna kebab
A lovely fry up (double sausage loads of bacon)
Love steak & kidney pie with mash beans & gravy
Lovely big juicy steak with chips & egg

You stick with your quorn , nut roast & tofu
And I'll stick to my favourite delicious meaty meals thanks

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Another stat that I heard was that Tesco took ten million burgers off the shelves after the news broke.
Ten million !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another stat that I heard was that Tesco took ten million burgers off the shelves after the news broke.
Ten million !
That's not just one shelf Baz :lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Barbaric for eating meat :lol:

If our species didn't eat meat, we wouldn't exist. Regardless as to whether it's now possible for the whole world to stop eating meat, the fact is it certainly wasn't possible just a short while ago, so it makes no sense for our descendants to think of us as barbaric.

possibly not for eating meat but here are some horrible intensive farming practices that go on around the world which certianly need to be looked at.

I am making a serious point but can't resist posting this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We're not in the ice age, it's of no relevance to why we eat meat now. I eat it because I like it, pretty much like all the food I eat. If I'm brutally honest I really don't give a flying toss if the beef I'm eating was ethically raised or given a chance to prance around a lovely grassy field or was soothed by the songs of a thousand virgins as it was humanely slaughtered, just shoot the f***ing thing and get it on my plate, same thing goes with eggs, I don't care if the chickens were given a cage to live in or an open barn to run around in, all chickens are twats anyway with their beady little eyes and stupid bobbing heads, lock the little fuckers up I say and make them lay more eggs the smug tossers, and when they can't lay eggs anymore get their useless feathery arses down to KFC.

a sad and ignorant post.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't mean to sound harsh or dismissive but ....... like any of us meat eaters give a f*** !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a meat eater and I give a f*** about ethical food consumption. I accept you don't but don't lump me in with your fuckwittery.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mmmmmm lobster linguini.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
possibly not for eating meat but here are some horrible intensive farming practices that go on around the world which certianly need to be looked at.
Definitely. eg I'd like all chickens and eggs to be free-range by law (eg, all the eggs in pre-made products etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here