Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 / corporate not what its cracked up to be

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went the 1901 option and I'd give it 6/10 overall.

I love my seat and the view it gives. We are half way towards the North End so the atmosphere is great.

However all the lounge shit does nothing for me at all. Bar prices are a rip off, food is a rip off and the seating areas are limited.

Oh and the dress code is crap.

The dress code thing. Just out of interest, does anyone know if the middle 'club' tiers at Wembley & Emirates have the same code i.e. no jeans, trainers, football tops?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
..... my Mrs thought rather than waiting for enquiries the hostesses should be a bit more pro active in actually moving around and asking people if things were OK ?

funniest comment i have seen regarding a football match. who is your wife, the queen?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
my mrs attended the game on saturday as the company she works for has a corporate facility
came back a bit disappointed to be truthful thought the prices were a bit steep £14 FOR TWO PINTS OF BITTER TOP ??? tea and coffee out of a flask and hostesses standing around twiddling their thumbs :nono:
fair comment ???

1901 isn`t realy corporate is it there are too many seats available, it is just a game of football with meal thrown in at air port lounge standard

Jan 30, 2008
Yes you are, this thread is a direct attempt to devalue the Albion and all they have acheived the title isn't 'Is the 1901 / corperate not what its cracked up to be?' but a direct slur on the club based on your Mrs recollections on how much she was charged for two pints and how none of the hostesses would pander to her so far unexplained needs.

Perhaps you Mrs spent these extra funds on some other entertainment and got confused.

I note your origianal story has changed somewhat.

I don't know of any dissatisfied 1901 members.

These coffee flasks you metion are the type of flasks you find all the around the stadium in the Bupa Lounge, the Press area and most board rooms around the country. The dispense piping hot coffee by depressing the button at the top, They are not tarten coloured thermos'.
you're just defending YOUR opinions , as i've said before i'm only passing on the information ,there's no point in getting into a tizzy fit over it, some other posters on this thread aren't that impressed either any comments on that ? by the way who mentioned tartan thermos flasks ?

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
They are probably bored 20 year olds from the University on £ 7 an hour. Why should they give a f*** ?. If I was in charge of employment I would firstly look for people who had an interest or support of the club and its best interests first. But they don't and I know that.[/QUOTE
You lucky, lucky, lucky bastrreds I wish I could have £7 p.h

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not the case, it is only guaranteed for Albion 1st team competitive matches. 1901 are guaranteed priority to buy tickets for all events, but not necessarily for their own seats.

In the case of the England game, it's because the contract with the FA means they get the entire middle tier of the west stand. That's what I was told when I asked.

Not how it was sold. The £1000 paid for the seat was portrayed as offering 'first option on your seat' for the lifetime of the stadium - effectively you own the seat....

I'm very happy with the 1901 club overall apart from the mediocre catering. One concern though will be the potential price hike after 5 years - if seats aren't available elsewhere at that point, could be stuck.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not how it was sold. The £1000 paid for the seat was portrayed as offering 'first option on your seat' for the lifetime of the stadium - effectively you own the seat....

I'm very happy with the 1901 club overall apart from the mediocre catering. One concern though will be the potential price hike after 5 years - if seats aren't available elsewhere at that point, could be stuck.

I agree, that's how I heard it when we signed up, but they have had to change it to accomodate the FA in the case of the U19 game. Wonder what will happen when concerts are announced?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree, that's how I heard it when we signed up, but they have had to change it to accomodate the FA in the case of the U19 game. Wonder what will happen when concerts are announced?

I'm jumping the gun here but what about European games? Are these "clean" games ie UEFA in effect rent the stadium and have control? I recall reading something along these lines as they have their own advertising boards and stuff. And they have some weird thing where the don't allow the first three rows of each stand to be sold. Or do they just stipulate certain rules as opposed to hiring the stadium?

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm jumping the gun here but what about European games? Are these "clean" games ie UEFA in effect rent the stadium and have control? I recall reading something along these lines as they have their own advertising boards and stuff. And they have some weird thing where the don't allow the first three rows of each stand to be sold. Or do they just stipulate certain rules as opposed to hiring the stadium?

But they will be Albion games . This is an FA match a little bit like the SSCF was. Jumping the gun? Frosby flopping it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What you say is the Albion's line but I find it very odd that the FA need 2000 "premium" seats for an u19 game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What you say is the Albion's line but I find it very odd that the FA need 2000 "premium" seats for an u19 game.

Well if someone could post some pictures of the West middle tier full of prawn sandwich munching FA representatives during the U19 game that would be appreciated as I won't be going. If they are there, then I guess there is the reason, if it is half empty, then there will be something for us poor little 1901ers to complain about, and see absolutely NOTHING get done about it, diddums eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But they will be Albion games . This is an FA match a little bit like the SSCF was. Jumping the gun? Frosby flopping it.

I know they will be Albion games but the license agreement makes a distinction between Albion games and "clean" games. The latter being a game where an outside organisation operates the stadium as opposed to the club. I am curious at to what the case is with euro games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know they will be Albion games but the license agreement makes a distinction between Albion games and "clean" games. The latter being a game where an outside organisation operates the stadium as opposed to the club. I am curious at to what the case is with euro games.

I was very definitely sold the seat with a guarantee of my seat for any Euro games that involved the Albion and that any home game would be non chargeable as it was included in the monthly payment. Maybe you are not talking about Albion Euro games??

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely the point is that its better the worse and more expensive the 1901 is as there will be more people back in their seats for the second half. If it was fantastic people might not even return to the game at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here