Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 / corporate not what its cracked up to be

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This isn't a dig but what do people expect ? This is a football club, not a country club. What else can people honestly expect ?

A product that is worthy of the cost? If its isnt then the club will soon realise that the demand falls away.

Ive had hospitality at White Hart Lane, The Millenium stadium, and The Oval and all were top service and product and worth the money.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Herds of wildebeast sweeping majestically across the pitch ?

Don't we have Vicente, Noone, Lua Lua, and CMS as our Wildebeast??? :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Agreed. And I think you may find your seat is now only guaranteed for 'football events' which again is different.

Not the case, it is only guaranteed for Albion 1st team competitive matches. 1901 are guaranteed priority to buy tickets for all events, but not necessarily for their own seats.

In the case of the England game, it's because the contract with the FA means they get the entire middle tier of the west stand. That's what I was told when I asked.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A poll might be very instructive and would flag up the level of satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the facilities currently on offer.

Is that a poll or pole to put the flag up?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
This isn't a dig but what do people expect ? This is a football club, not a country club. What else can people honestly expect ?

well i take your point. it wasnt unpleasant but I was just expecting something a bit special given the price of it. I aint complaining about it - if you like it, then great. I just stood at the window looking across the ground and wanted to be back in my seat!

Jan 30, 2008
It's [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION] doing his "I might be about to get banned, I better try and fit in for a while" act.

Don't worry, he'll be back to his pseudo-hoolie "I know what's going on, you don't" nonsense in an hour or two, complete with liberal use of the whistling smilie.
so you don't believe me then :whistle:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Recent 1901 newsletter

The club is delighted to announce that the American Express Community Stadium will get its first taste of international football when England Under-19s meet Denmark in a friendly on Thursday 10th November, Kick-off 7.30pm. 1901 Club members will receive priority purchase rights to this match, both on hospitality packages and general admission tickets.

The 1901 Club package will be hosted in the Bupa Lounge and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please note, 1901 Club members will not have access to their normal seats for this game, as the middle tier is taken by The F.A representatives as part of their contractual obligation.

Hospitality package includes:
• Ticket to match in lower west 1901 Club area
• Two course meal (main and dessert) to include a bottle of beer or a glass of house wine
• Half time tea, coffee and a pie

Package cost: £30 inc. VAT per person (Parking is not included as part of the package for this fixture).

Does this mean the FA representatives not only get the best seats in the house but all the decent parking spaces as well ???

Jan 30, 2008
What a ridiculous and pointless thread trying to belittle our great club who for the first time in 110 years have the chance to give fans a different match watching experience. Every match I have been to in the 1901 has been fantastic a great experience and my guests have thought so to. All of them so far can't wait to be invited back. If your Mrs told she was charged 14 quid for 2 pints then sorry but she is telling you porkies . Paul Rogers and his team do a fantastic job and it's worth every penny.
she wasn't personally ,one of her work mates did , overall she was impressed with the facilities .NO ONES TRYING TO BELITTLE ANYONE get a grip !

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Recent 1901 newsletter

The club is delighted to announce that the American Express Community Stadium will get its first taste of international football when England Under-19s meet Denmark in a friendly on Thursday 10th November, Kick-off 7.30pm. 1901 Club members will receive priority purchase rights to this match, both on hospitality packages and general admission tickets.

The 1901 Club package will be hosted in the Bupa Lounge and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please note, 1901 Club members will not have access to their normal seats for this game, as the middle tier is taken by The F.A representatives as part of their contractual obligation.

Hospitality package includes:
• Ticket to match in lower west 1901 Club area
• Two course meal (main and dessert) to include a bottle of beer or a glass of house wine
• Half time tea, coffee and a pie

Package cost: £30 inc. VAT per person (Parking is not included as part of the package for this fixture).

Two course meal, and then a pie 2 hours later!

How fat do you need to be to get in?

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
well i take your point. it wasnt unpleasant but I was just expecting something a bit special given the price of it. I aint complaining about it - if you like it, then great. I just stood at the window looking across the ground and wanted to be back in my seat!

Oh I'm not in 1901. No West Lower for me. I think there gunuinely is a need for the club to establish what fans want in the 1901.

I agree with the other poster that if you pay for the 1901 you should get a excellent product and experience- however what is specifically people want and what's missing that people have had at Wembley and other grounds. If the club don't get feedback how aree they supposed to know things need improving

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went the 1901 option and I'd give it 6/10 overall.

I love my seat and the view it gives. We are half way towards the North End so the atmosphere is great.

However all the lounge shit does nothing for me at all. Bar prices are a rip off, food is a rip off and the seating areas are limited.

Oh and the dress code is crap.

D

Deleted User X18H

she wasn't personally ,one of her work mates did , overall she was impressed with the facilities .NO ONES TRYING TO BELITTLE ANYONE get a grip !

Yes you are, this thread is a direct attempt to devalue the Albion and all they have acheived the title isn't 'Is the 1901 / corperate not what its cracked up to be?' but a direct slur on the club based on your Mrs recollections on how much she was charged for two pints and how none of the hostesses would pander to her so far unexplained needs.

Perhaps you Mrs spent these extra funds on some other entertainment and got confused.

I note your origianal story has changed somewhat.

I don't know of any dissatisfied 1901 members.

These coffee flasks you metion are the type of flasks you find all the around the stadium in the Bupa Lounge, the Press area and most board rooms around the country. The dispense piping hot coffee by depressing the button at the top, They are not tarten coloured thermos'.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
1901 Club....good points....Free programme,coffee/teas,parking place.
Needs improvement,cannot speak about other 1901 lounges but ours,could do with more seating,most have to sit on window sill,as with the rest of the ground,no Guinness or dark/heavy beers...not everybody is a Lager drinker.Hostess s nice but don't want nooky in the corner,....seriously though,not a bad package but could be improved.

D

Deleted User X18H

they got charged an extortionate amount for the lemonade which they obviously refused to pay when the drinks were keyed in at the till this was the price that came up ,only passing on information i received, my Mrs thought rather than waiting for enquiries the hostesses should be a bit more pro active in actually moving around and asking people if things were OK ?

They do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here