Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 / corporate not what its cracked up to be

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
this thread is laughable

It's [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION] doing his "I might be about to get banned, I better try and fit in for a while" act.

Don't worry, he'll be back to his pseudo-hoolie "I know what's going on, you don't" nonsense in an hour or two, complete with liberal use of the whistling smilie.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went for 1901 but regret doing that.

Will offload at first oppotunity.

Would be extremely interesting to see how many 1901ers would opt to renew if they were tied into a one year deal instead of a five year deal. A poll might be very instructive and would flag up the level of satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the facilities currently on offer. Might even make the providers of the facility do something about it.

D

Deleted User X18H

What a ridiculous and pointless thread trying to belittle our great club who for the first time in 110 years have the chance to give fans a different match watching experience. Every match I have been to in the 1901 has been fantastic a great experience and my guests have thought so to. All of them so far can't wait to be invited back. If your Mrs told she was charged 14 quid for 2 pints then sorry but she is telling you porkies . Paul Rogers and his team do a fantastic job and it's worth every penny.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon ?
Sydney Opera House ?
Herds of wildebeast sweeping majestically across the pitch ?

Well your obviously a JCL, otherwise you would have known that the club have acknowledged all of this missing facilities that you describe above and have confirmed that these will be installed during the close season.

Each member will also be assigned thier own michellin starred chef and Tony Bloom will be running a complimentary shoe polishing service at half time, and full time to stop 1901'ers from all departing together at full time.

Well your obviously a JCL, otherwise you would have known that the club have acknowledged all of this missing facilities that you describe above and have confirmed that these will be installed during the close season.

Each member will also be assigned thier own michellin starred chef and Tony Bloom will be running a complimentary shoe polishing service at half time, and full time to stop 1901'ers from all departing together at full time.

Don't forget the heated footrail below the seats comes on at the end of October, so we can keep our feet warm during the winter months. (Yes, I know that you would normally expect the rail to be on from the beginning of October, but we have had pretty clement weather, and I am sure we can't begrudge the club a bit of a saving on heating bills).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
the prices were a bit steep £14 FOR TWO PINTS OF BITTER TOP ???
???

they got charged an extortionate amount for the lemonade which they obviously refused to pay when the drinks were keyed in at the till this was the price that came up ,

So they weren't actually charged that at all then? That's what 'came up' when the drinks were incorrectly put in - they pointed out the error, and it was fixed? Stop attention seeking.

They are probably bored 20 year olds from the University on £ 7 an hour. Why should they give a f*** ?. If I was in charge of employment I would firstly look for people who had an interest or support of the club and its best interests first. But they don't and I know that.

Think this through. Who is going to be a better hostess - a 20 girl with no interest in football, who is there doing her JOB, or a 20 year old Brighton fan, more interested in finding out the team news, trying to watch some of the game?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think this through. Who is going to be a better hostess - a 20 girl with no interest in football, who is there doing her JOB, or a 20 year old Brighton fan, more interested in finding out the team news, trying to watch some of the game?

The one with the biggest tits :thumbsup:

(Sorry, very old joke, couldn't resist the simple tap-in. I'll be disappointed with that post :blush: )

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION] doing his "I might be about to get banned, I better try and fit in for a while" act.

Don't worry, he'll be back to his pseudo-hoolie "I know what's going on, you don't" nonsense in an hour or two, complete with liberal use of the whistling smilie.
Saved me the job of pointing it out.

That's why his prices are a load of old bollocks.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I have 1901 membership and, like others am generally happy with the service / experience.

What I'm much less happy with is how deal seems to have shifted since the initial sales pitch. A major sell at the time was that you would be guaranteed access to your seat for all events held at the stadium (ie including those not managed by the club). Yet for the England U19 game, it seems that you can only use a 1901 lounge if you're prepared to pay the extra for the full hospitality package. If you're not prepared to do this, you pay for a seat elsewhere in the ground like everyone else.

No doubt they've covered their arses in the small-print, but it's not what was initially sold.

Agreed. And I think you may find your seat is now only guaranteed for 'football events' which again is different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yet for the England U19 game, it seems that you can only use a 1901 lounge if you're prepared to pay the extra for the full hospitality package. .

So they only want to 1/4 fill 1901 for this game then? There is no way they could cater for everyone having a meal, or is the full hospitality package something else? I'd imagine they want the facilities for the hangers on of the England team circus tbh

Recent 1901 newsletter

The club is delighted to announce that the American Express Community Stadium will get its first taste of international football when England Under-19s meet Denmark in a friendly on Thursday 10th November, Kick-off 7.30pm. 1901 Club members will receive priority purchase rights to this match, both on hospitality packages and general admission tickets.

The 1901 Club package will be hosted in the Bupa Lounge and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please note, 1901 Club members will not have access to their normal seats for this game, as the middle tier is taken by The F.A representatives as part of their contractual obligation.

Hospitality package includes:
• Ticket to match in lower west 1901 Club area
• Two course meal (main and dessert) to include a bottle of beer or a glass of house wine
• Half time tea, coffee and a pie

Package cost: £30 inc. VAT per person (Parking is not included as part of the package for this fixture).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here