Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 youth players sign pro

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
this is a message board...no-one knows anything concrete, so we make speculations

If you want concrete facts then you are in the wrong place.

FFS

Yeah but speculation has to have some kind of foundation.... what you are posting is fantasy

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Jake should stay. Give him his chance against league one defences. If he doesn't cut it then fine get rid, but he may just find form and confidence.

Reid must also stay. Can play in a number of positions and always solid.

Agree Carole will probably want out once we're down.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Great news....all the youngsters taken on have a great chance to make good pro-footballers. But remember, if Lewes District Council gets its way, the most gifted set of young footballers ever to come out of Sussex will not be playing for Brighton in a few years time. DK, in conjunction with Hinshelwood and Wilkins, have given this club a great youth set up.....LDC's legacy could very well be to destroy the club, and the hopes & dreams of the young footballers of Sussex with it.

That is the real scandal of LDC's action.

But of course, if the leaders of LDC succeed they will be able to spend the rest of their days enjoying a muddy field which overlooks a very busy dual carriageway. Perhaps they'll take up their easels and pass their time painting the university buildings and the railway line?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Jim in the West said:
But of course, if the leaders of LDC succeed they will be able to spend the rest of their days enjoying a muddy field which overlooks a very busy dual carriageway. Perhaps they'll take up their easels and pass their time painting the university buildings and the railway line?

And the supermarket that will be there by that point. That is other scandal. It will be built on - we just want to use it for something for the benefit of the people of Sussex.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the subject of Chris Breach:

blockhseagull said:
He has been on loan at Bognor

Are you sure?

3 games around Christmas according to their website.

I thought I'd seen his name in our reserves recently.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
sully said:
On the subject of Chris Breach:

Are you sure?

3 games around Christmas according to their website.

I thought I'd seen his name in our reserves recently.

Played bout 10 times for them this season...he is back now

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Gary Elphick has been released?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For all those who think this is a great move by the club can I just point out the case of Jake Robinson.

Jake was the same age as those lads offered pro contracts. His scoring record at that age was better than even Gatting. Yet he's been anonymous this season, the reason being HE'S STILL LEARNING THE GAME OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.

We'll have 10 of those next year, plus youngsters like Robinson himself, CKR, Henderson, El-Abd.

You can't tell me we're going to extend our squad by an extra 10 players, so which ones, and how many, are leaving? I guess a minimum of 5 or 6 good pros.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Pavilionaire said:
For all those who think this is a great move by the club can I just point out the case of Jake Robinson.

Jake was the same age as those lads offered pro contracts. His scoring record at that age was better than even Gatting. Yet he's been anonymous this season, the reason being HE'S STILL LEARNING THE GAME OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.

We'll have 10 of those next year, plus youngsters like Robinson himself, CKR, Henderson, El-Abd.

You can't tell me we're going to extend our squad by an extra 10 players, so which ones, and how many, are leaving? I guess a minimum of 5 or 6 good pros.

You really are negative aren't you. I am not sure that anyone is saying we will win the league next season with them or anything. However, this group of players got further than any previous group in the FA Youth Cup and only lost on penalties. Releasing the majority may well have turned out to be a mistake.

In terms of 'good pros', I think it is safe to say we can release Dodd, Nicolas, McCammon, McPhee, Kuipers (with Henderson ahead of him) and Jarrett without affecting the squad too much. With Chaigneau likely to return to France and Kerry Mayo and Gary Elphick possibly leaving that is 9 players who are gone.

The first year pros will generally not have high wages and some may be loaned out. I think people should see this as exciting for the future rather than being negative.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Race said:

:(

michaelelphick.jpg

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Only on this messageboard, where just over a week ago we had threads heaping praise on the youth team that had dumped Academy set-ups out of the FA youth cup, can we have people pointing out the negatives in ten of the lads being handed pro-contracts. :nono:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Has Gary Elphick been paid off then?

Is he going to stay at Aldershot?

He has been unlucky with the decent crop of defenders coming through and overtaking him in the pecking order.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I prefer to refer to our current crop of youngsters by paying homage to the song sung about MM, for me they are the "Whiskey tots".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blockhseagull said:
Yeah but speculation has to have some kind of foundation.... what you are posting is fantasy

...and your point is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here