Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 youth players sign pro

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Bringing up and selling on young players is going to be the only thing with a ghost of a chance of closing the revenue gap that Withdean creates.

Would you rather be holding 10 lottery tickets, or three?

And with Falmer a year further away, the need for young 'uns to flog to teams higher up the food chain just increased.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Mass clear-out of the senior players in preparation for division One in the Summer then. And a big mistake.

What makes you think that? The squad is thin so I think these youngsters are in addition to, not instead of.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Tom Hark said:
Mass clear-out of the senior players in preparation for division One in the Summer then. And a big mistake.

We won't bounce back quick enough. The under-18s are, well, under 18, and there's a lot of Big Boys out there who will delight in kicking them off the park. Plus we're already selling the youth team off to anybody with a shiny penny in their pocket - G.Elphick to St.Albans this very day for an undisclosed, yet sure-to-be-pitiful, sum.

This sucks. The youth team won't be strong enough for next season. The season after, for sure, if there's any of them not been sold off to pay the leckie bill. But we'll be in serious free-fall in Division One next season. IMHO, like.

I just posted that and got SAVAGED by a lapdog :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
What makes you think that? The squad is thin so I think these youngsters are in addition to, not instead of.

I'm thinking Chippie, Oatway, Dodd, maybe Gary Hart, maybe Kerry Mayo, maybe Butters, possibly all out the door. Almost certainly Trolley & Turienzo (no great loss there), Chris McPhee (hardly a senior player but you know what I mean). Jakey maybe farmed out again, CK-R's no great shakes despite the odd goal here and there. Nicolas hardly gets a look in nowadays and as for Reidy, well, Aussies are well-known for going walkabout. Doug Loft is a dud and McShane's probably off back to ManU as we certainly don't have the funds or suss to sign him while he's relatively cheap.

Now who does that leave... ???

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
I'm thinking Chippie, Oatway, Dodd, maybe Gary Hart, maybe Kerry Mayo, maybe Butters, possibly all out the door. Almost certainly Trolley & Turienzo (no great loss there), Chris McPhee (hardly a senior player but you know what I mean). Jakey maybe farmed out again, CK-R's no great shakes despite the odd goal here and there. Nicolas hardly gets a look in nowadays and as for Reidy, well, Aussies are well-known for going walkabout. Doug Loft is a dud and McShane's probably off back to ManU as we certainly don't have the funds or suss to sign him while he's relatively cheap.

Now who does that leave... ???

I doubt if more than two or three from that lot will go.
Btw the youth team came across some pretty big youth in the Newcastle team and could stand up to them. I've never seen such tall stocky 17yr olds.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
don't any of you listen to SCR? - MMcG said many of the 10 youth players signed on will be loaned out to lower/non league clubs for the whole season to "toughen up" and get regular 1st team football.

If just one of them turns into a Virgo or Harding it will cost justify the expense.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is all GOOD news. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, and should go pour themselves a nice drink. That is all.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:

We won't bounce back quick enough. The under-18s are, well, under 18, and there's a lot of Big Boys out there who will delight in kicking them off the park. Plus we're already selling the youth team off to anybody with a shiny penny in their pocket - G.Elphick to St.Albans this very day for an undisclosed, yet sure-to-be-pitiful, sum.

This sucks. The youth team won't be strong enough for next season. The season after, for sure, if there's any of them not been sold off to pay the leckie bill. But we'll be in serious free-fall in Division One next season. IMHO, like.
Good grief. NSC's resident "Brighton was a better place when it was a semi-derelict slum" miserablist in top form. Why does it 'suck'? Why have you managed to extropolate the fact that we've signed 10 youngsters into the supposition that we're going to release all the senior pros and try and get by with the kids? Why ... no, forget it, I can't be bothered. You're right, it's a disgraceful decision, none of them will come good, it's a total waste of money, it will be a complete disaster, we're all doomed, we'll get relegated and never get promoted ever again, the new seats will house nothing but tumbleweed, conference (south) here we come.

In a previous life were you an Pavilionaire those heckling characters from the Muppet show?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A team of

Henderson

Reid Butters Hinsh rents/lynch/new lb

hart fraser nicolas hammond

gatting ckr

would be a good solid midtable side.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I disagree with Nicolas but could see Wes Fogden there in a couple of years. He's a young Charlie Oatway.
I still prefer Reid in midfield.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe, was just sort of a guide really to what could be put out.

maybe not good enought for top 8 but to good to go down again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
Aren't we a ray of sunshine for a change?;) There is no reason why we can't bounce back up.

I dont think they well due to the quailty of the sides in that league. I would suggest Huddersfield, Swansea, Southend Brentford and Colchester could beat Brighton.
Now there are some poor sides in that league along with the good ones but im not sure withou signings the current side would do enough.
Didnt Bristol say they would bounce back up?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
KinkyNormanBaker said:
I dont think they well due to the quailty of the sides in that league. I would suggest Huddersfield, Swansea, Southend Brentford and Colchester could beat Brighton.
Now there are some poor sides in that league along with the good ones but im not sure withou signings the current side would do enough.
Didnt Bristol say they would bounce back up?

True, but we have shown that we can play at this level and there are signs of players coming of age. We have a decent set up, with some talent. I guess it is difficult to gauge how well we will do, but I feel confident. CKR is a 15 goal a season player next season (league one) and from that we can build on.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Believe you me, there were a few scouts watching Lynch at Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here