Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 youth players sign pro

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
Absolute rubbish.

Look at the facts.... shoved out on loan, has now offered a contract to Sullivan so he joins Martin on the list. We do not need four keepers !!!

He has also gone on record as saying we can't afford two ( experienced) keepers... albeit last season i don't think that has changed.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
blockhseagull said:
Look at the facts.... shoved out on loan, has now offered a contract to Sullivan so he joins Martin on the list. We do not need four keepers !!!

He has also gone on record as saying we can't afford two ( experienced) keepers... albeit last season i don't think that has changed.
So, looking at those 'facts', you have made the blind leap of saying MM pushed him out. Just brilliant. You're re-writing the facts to suit your own agenda.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, it was KUIPERS' choice to go out on loan. Got that? Michel Kuipers chose not to fight for his place. He would rather play first team football elsewhere than rot in the stiffs here.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
So, looking at those 'facts', you have made the blind leap of saying MM pushed him out. Just brilliant. You're re-writing the facts to suit your own agenda.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, it was KUIPERS' choice to go out on loan. Got that? Michel Kuipers chose not to fight for his place. He would rather play first team football elsewhere than rot in the stiffs here.

You are twisting the facts.... he IS out on loan and McGhee HAS gone on record before saying about the cost of two experienced keepers on the books

I have NO agenda...so once again you have jumped on someones back in order to try and prove your point.... i was making MY own opinion that Kuipers will probably leave...and i'm not the only one who has this view

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I would have to agree with blockh on this one. MM has never been a big fan of FDM. Always picked Roberts ahead of him and now Henderson. With both youth keepers now on profesional terms Kuipers is sure to be out the door if we get any sort of offer for him over the summer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am certain Kuipers will leave. I am also not doubting that McGhee said we can't afford two keepers. Whether that statement is true or not is another issue.

I am jumping on the fact that you said McGhee 'shoved' him out, and that McGhee wants to see the back of him. Neither of those statements are true. Kuipers chose not to fight for his place here. McGhee would rather he stayed and challenged for his place.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
I am certain Kuipers will leave. I am also not doubting that McGhee said we can't afford two keepers. Whether that statement is true or not is another issue.

I am jumping on the fact that you said McGhee 'shoved' him out, and that McGhee wants to see the back of him. Neither of those statements are true. Kuipers chose not to fight for his place here. McGhee would rather he stayed and challenged for his place.

But i never said MM shoved him out on loan...maybe wasn't the correct word to use but he ain't here and i believe if McGhee wanted him long-term he would have turned down the loan move for him and said to Michel no i want you here you are a good keeper and i want you to push and get your place back.... make him feel like he was wanted.... just letting him go probably shows that he had no chance of winning back his place

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was a first XI player I'd be slightly concerned.

The day after the Falmer delay story we sign up 10 teenagers on pro contracts, most of whom haven't got anywhere near the first team.

If I was Guy Butters, Charlie Oatway, Paul Reid, Richard Carpenter, Gary Hart I'd be thinking the club are going to get rid of me regardless, because of wages.

As a fan I have mixed feeling. Even Man Utd great youth team that spawned Beckham, Butt, Gary Neville etc had some duds, but we seem to have sign up the youth side lock, stock and barrel.

It's an early call by the management, I hope they're right. Yet another indication we've got f*** all money though.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Pavilionaire said:

The day after the Falmer delay story we sign up 10 teenagers on pro contracts, most of whom haven't got anywhere near the first team.

If I was Guy Butters, Charlie Oatway, Paul Reid, Richard Carpenter, Gary Hart I'd be thinking the club are going to get rid of me regardless, because of wages.

As a fan I have mixed feeling. Even Man Utd great youth team that spawned Beckham, Butt, Gary Neville etc had some duds, but we seem to have sign up the youth side lock, stock and barrel.

It's an early call by the management, I hope they're right. Yet another indication we've got f*** all money though.

Possibly, i suppose two are already first team regulars..... and signing Chamberlain and Fraser who both look very good in an area of the pitch that in my opinion needs freshening up

Maybe it is to bulk up the squad so that the money the manager does have he can invest in quality not quantity.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Call me cynical but this is alot of players of from an age group. If they all play for the first team that would be some kinda record?!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Pavilionaire said:

i agree :down:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If It was me, I would look to move:

Kuipers
Reid
Carpenter
hart
oatway ( although I assume he will go backstage)
carole
Chagneu
Hammond
Nicholas
Mccammon
Mcphee
robinson

Keep regulars

Butters
el abd
henderson
CKR
Frutie
Hinch

I would then try and sign Mcshane

with the youngsters as we have no money, that should hopefully slash the wage bill and keep us about mid table if we are lucky.

Those who think we will bounce straight back are deluded

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
If It was me, I would look to move:

Kuipers
Reid
Carpenter
hart
oatway ( although I assume he will go backstage)
carole
Chagneu
Hammond
Nicholas
Mccammon
Mcphee
robinson

Keep regulars

Butters
el abd
henderson
CKR
Frutie
Hinch

I would then try and sign Mcshane

with the youngsters as we have no money, that should hopefully slash the wage bill and keep us about mid table if we are lucky.

Those who think we will bounce straight back are deluded

Can i ask why you would get rid of Carole, Hammond, Oatway, Reid and Jakey ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think carole would not want to play in the lower leagues ( divi 3 after all)

hammond I recon we would get some money for

Oatway is injury prone

reid is obviously not part of the great one's plans and I am not that enammered with his play

jakey unfortunately has not got it. I think we should get some dosh from aldershot for him

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Could this not be a step to protect losing a potentailly valuable asset (more than one too).

Lets just assume for the moment that we do have a very exceptional group of young players here. If we didn't have them on professional terms, couldn't they just walk into another club without us getting any fee? By putting them on contract, if we do have the next Beckham amongst them, we will get paid appropriately.

I'm thinking Theo Walcott scenario here, at 16 going to Arsenal for £££ millions.

Looks like a shrewd financial move by the club to me.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
I think carole would not want to play in the lower leagues ( divi 3 after all)

hammond I recon we would get some money for

Oatway is injury prone

reid is obviously not part of the great one's plans and I am not that enammered with his play

jakey unfortunately has not got it. I think we should get some dosh from aldershot for him

Hammond hasn't done enough for someone to come in and pay what he is probably worth, Charlie was hacked down, hardly injury prone

Dunno about Reid, in and out of the side but under contract so i doubt he is going anywhere either

jakey is short of confidence but also has two years left...loan him out

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Shropshire Seagull said:
Could this not be a step to protect losing a potentailly valuable asset (more than one too).

Lets just assume for the moment that we do have a very exceptional group of young players here. If we didn't have them on professional terms, couldn't they just walk into another club without us getting any fee? By putting them on contract, if we do have the next Beckham amongst them, we will get paid appropriately.

I'm thinking Theo Walcott scenario here, at 16 going to Arsenal for £££ millions.

Looks like a shrewd financial move by the club to me.

:clap: :clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blockhseagull said:
Hammond hasn't done enough for someone to come in and pay what he is probably worth, Charlie was hacked down, hardly injury prone

Dunno about Reid, in and out of the side but under contract so i doubt he is going anywhere either

jakey is short of confidence but also has two years left...loan him out

I agree about hammond, but I do think he is our only bankable asset at the moment...maybe 150k from Ipswich?

Charlie was injured to start with, came back, got injured, came back got crocked.......

Reid......maybe 50k to Oldham

jakey.......35k to Aldershot.

235k to the Falmer pot:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dies Irae said:
I agree about hammond, but I do think he is our only bankable asset at the moment...maybe 150k from Ipswich?

Charlie was injured to start with, came back, got injured, came back got crocked.......

Reid......maybe 50k to Oldham

jakey.......35k to Aldershot.

235k to the Falmer pot:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

How can you pick clubs out of the air and link them with players that we should not sell !!!

Look how hard it has been to attract a striker...we cannot afford to go down to the bare bones and hope to sign that many players

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this is a message board...no-one knows anything concrete, so we make speculations

If you want concrete facts then you are in the wrong place.

FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here