Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protests in Preston Park (merged threads)

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I Preston Park..........mate seen it from his flat window about 2 mins ago 14.15pm.:clap2:

Hope the OB get a pasting.:clap2:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Protests today

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/4340279.Liveblog__Brighton_Smash_EDO_protest/

.10pm - Angry clashes between police and protesters in Ditchling Road area.
Police officers drew their batons to keep protesters at bay in Ditchling Road.
A police line, keeping demonstrators in order, broke down after numerous missiles were thrown at officers.
Police resorted to using their batons to keep protesters at bay.
At least one police officer was injured by a flying object, but injuries were not thought to be serious.

looks interesting

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
2.45pm - Further violence between protesters and police as march heads through Preston Park.
One protester, wearing a black mask coverting his face was being restrained by police in Chester Terrace.
A female protestor was being held by police officers.
Confusion seems to be setting in amongst the crowd, with people shouting different directions.
Factions of the group seem to have split off, and shouted and conflicting destinations are being bandied around the group of around 300 people near Preston Park.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have just had to miss the sussex senior cup final as my road had a mini riot kicking off as i tried to leave. It was bizarre to see Riot Police and Police Horses charging around as I tried to leave.

Well made for strange viewing, I still have three vans of riot police and an overturned carboard car. Also very noisy outside.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
NSC's favourite is back

2.50pm - Unconfirmed reports an arrest has been made.
On Twitter, lasthours reports someone has been "nicked"
Meanwhile, former councillor and leading protester Marina Pepper has tweeted: "Sitting in Preston Park. Reclaim the Park? It's turned into a peace picnic! We'll regroup and head off soon."

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Comments are good aswell

Jay-kay, brighton says...
8:52am Mon 4 May 09
great, some bunch of smelly tramps having what they call a party means us normal folk cant go into town,, with their natted hair and saggy boobs, they are using our tax payers money to control them, I say ours because we know they dont pay it... so i will have to just go and sit in star bucks all day.. hope the police can get rid of them

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Kicking off in Preston Park.............

Crusties & Police kicking off in the park.............Hope the unwashed soap dpdgers give back as good as they get.:thumbsup:

I though posted this at 14.15, so sorry if on here twice!!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Exclusive Pictures:

Polish-Mickey-Riot-Police.jpg

Gen6-Riots.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here