Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protests in Preston Park (merged threads)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What? By the police station?

I don't believe it:dunce:

From the Argus

4.50pm - Police "preparing for riot" at police station
Police have closed the road and set up a wall of riot sheilds outside the police station in John Street.
The area has been cordonned off and blocked by police riot vans.
A witness said: "There are no protesters around, but the police look like they are expecting a riot."

I've got a birdseye view of the area!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough, I just found it mildly amusing that you thought the notion of police vans going in and out of a police station worthy of note :thumbsup:

Maybe it's tea and donuts time at JSPS :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why do peace campaigners like fighting?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Fair enough, I just found it mildly amusing that you thought the notion of police vans going in and out of a police station worthy of note :thumbsup:

Maybe it's tea and donuts time at JSPS :lolol:

It wasnt the fact that there were it was more to the fact there were several vans and about 30-50 officers going in and out the police station. Possibly going in to see CCTV images of the trouble makers??

Police station is deserted outside now

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
4.30pm - Police officers are guarding EDO's factory, but protesters have not taken their campaign to the site.
Around a dozen police officers are guarding the site, but none of the protesters demonstrating in the city centre have yet broken away to the factory.
Officers were expecting the Moulsecoomb company to be the target of today's demonstration.

Did the protesters get lost:dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did the protesters get lost:dunce:

I think this is called a 'diversionary tactic'. In football terms we sometimes say 'selling someone a dummy'.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
About 500 protesters made their way down my road at 3 pm, accompanied by 10 policemen on horses, 6 police vans and about 60 police on foot. It appeared to be very fiesty, with one man being arrested for insulting a police officer, and many others being pusehd back by the police. It was certaintly NOT peaceful.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
with one man being arrested for insulting a police officer.

I don't think that's actually an offence...

Good job really as we'd each be nicking approximately twenty people a day if it was.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...and that is before you leave the station!!!

Good point :thumbsup:

Generally speaking, when arresting somebody particularly feisty, I tend to tell them that if they can come up with one original police-related insult I've never heard before, I'll take the cuffs off there and then and let them go.

Never happened yet. Though you can almost hear their tiny brain cells buzzing away, straining frantically (through the alcohol-related fog) to come up with something new.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The best cop story I have heard was from a former colleague whose partner was in the force, she arrived at a building where there was an intruder (who had broken in)...not wanting to go in and risk an encounter she just shouted for the person inside to come out quietly or she would send the dog in (there wasn't one)...the bloke, presumably not wanting to be bitten, just walked out and gave himself up!!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Was in Preston Park all afternoon today, having a kick about and all of a sudden you could hear them coming. Went to have a look and all of a sudden we had hundreds of protestors running through preston park and up through the play area, and all of a sudden every parent had hold of their kids and got away as fast as they could.:laugh:
No trouble that we could see, just police vans and officers all along London road and the road above the park. Riot police all through the park, with a couple of mounted officers, but nothing violent at all, just a large gathering with a speach.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
there were several pig vans with spray paint over them and ACAB, smashed and dented parts of vans.

its a win win situation, with either side taking a pasting!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A dented van? ACAB? Spray paint?

:cry: OH MY GOD ITS A PASTING :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here