Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protests in Preston Park (merged threads)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Have a wash, find a job and get the f*** off the streets wasting the tax payers money you brown trousered sandal wearing smelly runts.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
call me thick, some often do........but I do not know:O

*SIGH*

When someone starts a thread on a subject that has already been (very recently) started, you get catcalled with the phrase 'Fixtures'.

It's a throwback to about five years ago, when loads of people kept (genuinely, if a little repetitively dimly) asking 'when are the fixtures out?'

To that, you can also add 'Is Andrei Kanchelskis signing for us?' 'Where can I get GOSBTS ringtones?' and 'Is Diego Maradona buying the club?'

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
*SIGH*

When someone starts a thread on a subject that has already been (very recently) started, you get catcalled with the phrase 'Fixtures'.

It's a throwback to about five years ago, when loads of people kept (genuinely, if a little repetitively dimly) asking 'when are the fixtures out?'

To that, you can also add 'Is Andrei Kanchelskis signing for us?' 'Where can I get GOSBTS ringtones?' and 'Is Diego Maradona buying the club?'

thanks, though was along those lines. notters was rude to not answer......tut, tut.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Get all the hippies and shoot them all! What a waste of tax payers money! (Clearly they dont pay tax) Stop all their benefits until what they have cost us today!

The people being attacked in the business are only trying to earn a living (something they could do with) and they are getting attacked for providing for a family, should the hippies not just go to the HQ/Bosses of these companies and talk to them civily!

Water cannons please!!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
what a bunch of *****.
nothing to do with stop the war, just a load of wankers with nothing better to do looking for a fight and to hopefully get their face in the paper like that tart who got slapped in london the other week.

not sure how fighting in the streets where people are going about their everyday business and scaring families in the park is 'reclaiming the streets' or whatever other shit they're calling it.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
what a bunch of *****.
nothing to do with stop the war, just a load of wankers with nothing better to do looking for a fight and to hopefully get their face in the paper like that tart who got slapped in london the other week.

not sure how fighting in the streets where people are going about their everyday business and scaring families in the park is 'reclaiming the streets' or whatever other shit they're calling it.

:bowdown:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I just got through London Road as the protesters were in St. Peters churchyard, and yes there were a lot of crusty induviduals, but the people that were "up for it" were the middle class fiftysomethings who were being very provocative to the Police.

All I know is that the buses stopped running, and I was glad to be out of the way.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I just got through London Road as the protesters were in St. Peters churchyard, and yes there were a lot of crusty induviduals, but the people that were "up for it" were the middle class fiftysomethings who were being very provocative to the Police.

All I know is that the buses stopped running, and I was glad to be out of the way.
Exactly. A load of middle class wankers pretending to be anarchists. Let's look at what the protest achieved: no buses for Brighton people and again my wife (a district nurse) and her colleagues had difficulty visiting their patients so there was increased sufferring for the housebound sick. What a result.

I've got no problem with mass orgainsed protests against the government, but this was just a few hundred weekend hippies and permascroungers saying "look at us, we're rebels we are!" Plus if the protests were aimed at EDO that just confirms their anti-working class credentials.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Blimey, Moulsecoomb's a dark horse, innit :eek:

(from the smashEDO website)...

From their base in Moulescoombe Brighton, EDO MBM/ITT, a unit of ITT corporation, manufacture vital parts for the Hellfire and Paveway weapons systems, laserguided missiles used extensively in Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine and Somalia. EDO Corp were recently acquired by ITT in a multi-billion pound deal. ITT's links to fascism go back to the 1930s. The founder Sosthenes Behn was the first foreign businessman received by Hitler after his seizure of power.

The Campaign

There has been active campaign against the presence of EDO MBM in Brighton since the outbreak of the Iraq war. Campaigners include students, Quakers, Palestine solidarity activists, anti-capitalists and academics. Despite an injunction under the protection of harassment act (which failed) and over forty arrests the campaign is still going strong.Their avowed aim is to expose EDO MBM and their complicity in war crimes and to remove them from Brighton. They hold regular weekly demos outside the Moulescoombe factory on Wednesday's between 4 and 6.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Exactly. A load of middle class wankers pretending to be anarchists. Let's look at what the protest achieved: no buses for Brighton people and again my wife (a district nurse) and her colleagues had difficulty visiting their patients so there was increased sufferring for the housebound sick. What a result.

I've got no problem with mass orgainsed protests against the government, but this was just a few hundred weekend hippies and permascroungers saying "look at us, we're rebels we are!" Plus if the protests were aimed at EDO that just confirms their anti-working class credentials.

Spot on.

That one person who was arrested - I wonder how long after he arrived at John Street his Mummy or Daddy arranged for his solicitor to turn up.

Last edited:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Spot on.

That one person who was arrested - I wonder how long after he arrived at John Street his Mummy or Daddy arranged for his solicitor to turn up.

What's wrong with being middle class? Bit of inverted snobbery going on here isn't there? Surely the problem is the disruption, doesn't matter what class they are. If it was a load of football lads kicking off, it would be as bad wouldn't it? Or does being working class make it all right? Personally I don't think many of the protesters would claim they're fighting some working class struggle, they probably would describe themselves as middle class anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What's wrong with being middle class? Bit of inverted snobbery going on here isn't there? Surely the problem is the disruption, doesn't matter what class they are. If it was a load of football lads kicking off, it would be as bad wouldn't it? Or does being working class make it all right? Personally I don't think many of the protesters would claim they're fighting some working class struggle, they probably would describe themselves as middle class anyway.

Some, yes.

Being middle-class isn't the problem - never was. It's the hackneyed old cliché of dressing as a crusty - what's the point in doing that? Neither you nor I need to stop washing, plait your hair, wear a Dennis the Menace jumper four sizes too big and talk to people only in pre-prepared statements rather than in a proper conversation, just in order to feel we need to belong.

If you've got an issue with anything - and I'm not unsympathetic to their causes, what's with pretending to be something they're not?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Its all a bit rubbish really... EDO have been in Brighton for decades, the only reason they got noticed by the self-righteous brigade is because they moved premises - bet they wished they stayed where they were now.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
what a bunch of *****.

Totally agree. Bunch of wasters.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Being middle class is fine. Being upper class is fine. Being a protester is fine. It's being a completely selfish wanker masquerading as a caring individual whilst at the same time trying to prove how 'street' you are that pisses me off.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Any more rude than encouraging people to attack the "pigs"?

OHHHH, GET YOU. NAH, I SHOULD HAVE SAID IT IS A WIN - WIN SITUATION, SMASH THE FILTH OR THEY BASH THE CRUSTIES...........:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here