Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protests in Preston Park (merged threads)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There are 3 vans full of rozzers waiting at the BP garage in the gyratory

I can understand them being there. But being round here...?

Apparently, the Blakers' Park area is 'full of bad busineesses that need targetting'. Jeez, I knew the Stanmer Park Tavern was shitty but, really...

Unless they're talking about Cornelia James glove factory, but they're too late. That moved to Lewes years ago. :shrug:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
helicopter now out.....and I thought those football hooligan sorts were a problem!!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
NSC's favourite is back

2.50pm - Unconfirmed reports an arrest has been made.
On Twitter, lasthours reports someone has been "nicked"
Meanwhile, former councillor and leading protester Marina Pepper has tweeted: "Sitting in Preston Park. Reclaim the Park? It's turned into a peace picnic! We'll regroup and head off soon."

Marina Pepper has a twitter account? I feel a SPAMMING coming on!

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Demonstrators who have been turned back round by police, have thrown missiles, including cans and stones at police.

Protesters now seem to be changing direction and finding another route.
:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All we need now is for loads of mods and rockers to kick off on the seafront.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There is now a helicopter hovering over the cycle track at preston park. Think I will have a walk down to see what is going on.

I went out to police and protesters throwing stuff at them. The Police were very pumped up and a load of riot police surronded my car.

We have a very delightful full size overturned cardboard car on Ditchling Road by the entrance to our road. Our road is a deadend so stuck in.

Still very noisy out their, sirens, chanting and helicoptors. Good luck to their anti war cause, but I really hope if someone is nicked its ms pepper.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
If they are protesting against War Ect then why are they recreating a war scene?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here