Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Burrell Arms, Haywards Heath

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What makes me laugh is the snobbery against Haywards Heath, It used to be the other way around. Still is for a lot of us!:p

I have been known to have the odd point in the Buzza before home games.

I tend to drink in the Wine Bars (which everyone seems to hate on here) I have a fair few work friends who come down to the place because, strangely, they like it!

We do have a shortage of pubs. When a 6th former, we used to start off in The Liverpool and walk up to the Serge.

Happy Days.

I've heard a rumour that we might finally be getting a Weatherspoons?
I know i'll get slaughtered for it but i think HH is a great place to live , when i lived there i drunk in the burrell first before going ' up the bars' as they say .

PS i think the wetherspoons is going to be in the priory.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
PS i think the wetherspoons is going to be in the priory.

Is correct. Allegedly there is a delay in getting the permission as the council want to have all the bars located in the same area (Broadway). The owner of one of the bars is also allegedly either high up in the council or incharge of licencing.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Its the bloke who owns orange square and evo, a slight conflict of interest !

Gary Wall, head of Mid-sussex Council, he and and his two brothers are Brighton fans and are regulars at the Withdean (well I've seen them there). Interestingly Gary used to run the Burrell a good few years ago when the Burrell was my local

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Gary Wall, head of Mid-sussex Council, he and and his two brothers are Brighton fans and are regulars at the Withdean (well I've seen them there). Interestingly Gary used to run the Burrell a good few years ago when the Burrell was my local
What's your view of the burrell DS ? mine is rough and ready maybe, but nowhere near the shithole that some want to depict.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What's your view of the burrell DS ? mine is rough and ready maybe, but nowhere near the shithole that some want to depict.
I would agree 100% with that. May not be the best done up pub but I dont mind having a beer or two in there.

D

Deleted User X18H

Haywards Heath tries very hard to be like Brighton and not like Burgess Hill or Crawley.

I worked in HH from 1989 -1990 then 1997-1999 it didn't have the plethora of pretend trendy bars it has now, then.

The problem is Haywards Heath fails miserably to be like Brighton & Hove it just smacks of a small town with big ideas.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath tries very hard to be like Brighton and not like Burgess Hill or Crawley.

I worked in HH from 1989 -1990 then 1997-1999 it didn't have the plethora of pretend trendy bars it has now, then.

The problem is Haywards Heath fails miserably to be like Brighton & Hove it just smacks of a small town with big ideas.
Haywards Heath tries very hard to be haywards heath , its a dormitory town for london with a few nice bars , a good train service and schools and a complete lack of pretension to be like brighton.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Rumours hes going to run for the tories...at next election when Soames goes...:lolol:

Scanny

Speak of the devil....

I wandered up there at lunchtime today as I fancied a cold frothy one. I didn't know it was under repair. The place does indeed look like its being gutted - either that or its been bombed. All the hanging baskets were STREWN across the path, the benches were piled up, and on peering through the windows, it looked as though half the ceiling had collapsed onto the bar. A bored looking bloke in overalls was scraping paint off the windowframes. I'd assume if its being refurbished it'll be ready for the World Cup kickoff next Friday ? Pretty stupid time to close it down otherwise.

I ended up joining the ponces and having a couple of Senorita-Beaters outside Evo. They're going to start charging for the sunshine there, you know.

Ha!

I can see from our office that they are sort of doing the back garden up at Evo.

I was there last Friday and its probably gone from £3.5 a pint to £3.6 now.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
By Haywards Heath station, knocked down years ago

Along with the Ugly Duckling, now that was a rough (by HH Standards) place to be at certain times. I heard that the last owner did a runner with the takings after a beach party there so left it with sand all over the floor. Still a shame to see them pulling down old pubs though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here