Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Burrell Arms, Haywards Heath

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I've never understood why HH gets so much stick on here. Its ten times better than Burgess Hill, which has about 4 pubs and a totally non-existent "town centre". The Broadway in Haywards Heath, although known to attract some tossers, has more pubs in a about 100 yards than in nearly the whole of Burgess Hill, is lively, good in the summer with the terraces, and has some decent restaurants.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I've never understood why HH gets so much stick on here. Its ten times better than Burgess Hill, which has about 4 pubs and a totally non-existent "town centre". The Broadway in Haywards Heath, although known to attract some tossers, has more pubs in a about 100 yards than in nearly the whole of Burgess Hill, is lively, good in the summer with the terraces, and has some decent restaurants.
I'm with you on this, i think HH is pretty good all round, if you're younger you'd probably spend more time in brighton, but i love the place.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
All the time I lived in Brighton (1963-1995), I never went to HH other than passing it on the train to Victoria...never saw the point.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
burgess hill has a few decent boozers, and if you count hassocks as a town then the hassocks hotel isnt too shaby

haywards heath is a shithole for pubs though

Out of interest, what do you consider the decent boozers in Burgess Hill then?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
did you not grow up or spend a large proportion of your youth in burgess hill? if not i'll take it back .

I grew up in Burgess Hill but I didn't have any choice did I ? Besides, Burgess Hill might not be great but it's better than Haywards Heath, not saying much I know. Still the way the building is going on Crawley, Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill will all be the same town

burgess hill has a few decent boozers, and if you count hassocks as a town then the hassocks hotel isnt too shaby

haywards heath is a shithole for pubs though

The Hassocks is the one pub in Hassocks I have always avoided.

We always preferred to drink at The Greyhound in keymer

Scanny

The Burrells is a shithole, popped in there a couple of Fridays ago for quick pint whilst waiting for a train.

It is a typical Railway pub if you ask me and not really a place for "Outsiders".

The Burrells make the Star look quite pleasant.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I grew up in Burgess Hill but I didn't have any choice did I ? Besides, Burgess Hill might not be great but it's better than Haywards Heath, not saying much I know. Still the way the building is going on Crawley, Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill will all be the same town

In what way is Burgess hill better than HH? There is F*** all in Burgess hill.....no restaurants, no decent boozers, no shops.........plus it's full of chavs

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
why are all the pubs in the heath so shit? The star is probably the best of a very bad bunch.

Thats because all the decent well to do people go to the shiny poncy bars at the other end of Perrymount Road, which means all the dross who cant afford those bars, end up drinking in the likes of the Burrell.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Thats because all the decent well to do people go to the shiny poncy bars at the other end of Perrymount Road, which means all the dross who cant afford those bars, end up drinking in the likes of the Burrell.

But the pony bars are shit too!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

I don't buy that argument, I had the misfortune of growing up in HH, and this was way before the bars opened up on the broadway- the pubs were shite then too...

admittedly, Lindfield was the place to go, but even the pubs there are crap now (I should know, I live there)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Uckfield isnt in Mid Sussex.

map_sussex.gif

Not in Mid Sussex District, but definitely in mid Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here