Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're in charge of the summer rebuild: who goes, who stays and who joins?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So we might end up with just two recognised strikers - money saved to splash out on Nunez...;)

I make that three??

And given that we've been quite successful lately only playing one of those 3, and have on occasion played none of them, it's probably enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes 3 strikers is probably optimum - Webeck, Undav + Maupay ( or his replacement if he leaves).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Most probably yes but it would be amiss of us not to enquire at that price wouldn't it? You never know he might be swayed by our style of football and regular game time plus our not standing in the way of a future big move.

I'd imagine there'd be a lot of teams interested at 17.5 million. As there aren't really any realistic Everton or Leeds players I'd like us to buy I think I might switch my favoured relegation candidate to Burnley...

Leeds have a few young players who might be useful and now blooded in PL football.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Does Dan James have a relegation clause?

Potter might be the man to re-ignite his career!

Dear god no. I Don’t dislike him, but I sincerely hope we’re not looking at him. Full of effort and enthusiasm but a step short on quality. Not an improvement on what we have from what I’ve seen of him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Controversial I know but I don't think Philipps improves us.
Raphinha on the other hand I think improves most teams.

Yeah well both of these can be ruled out very very quickly for obvious reasons.

Dear god no. I Don’t dislike him, but I sincerely hope we’re not looking at him. Full of effort and enthusiasm but a step short on quality. Not an improvement on what we have from what I’ve seen of him.

I'm torn. He's not been a success in the PL but he was really brilliant in Swansea with Potter in charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3MTjDDt7p4

I would love to see them work together again but not any cost.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Athletic reporting that we're interested in Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic, who we've been linked with before
[tweet]1526119314243346438[/tweet]

the bad news is of course Benfica have apparently got him lined up as a Nunez replacement

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Controversial I know but I don't think Philipps improves us.
Raphinha on the other hand I think improves most teams.

I reckon Phillips could fill a Bissouma shaped hole quite well. I also think a midfield three of Biss, Caicedo and Phillips would be very, very strong. Especially with Mwepu and Ally Mac up ahead and Trossard and Lamptey/March on the flanks.

But he will be well out of our price range and clubs that can offer Europe will be after him so there's not even a glimmer of a chance we'd be able to sign him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I see Cornet apparently has a 17.5 million release clause should Burnley be relegated. We'd surely be interested at that price?

My only concern would be his ability to follow football / tactical instructions on the basis it’s been reported that he didn’t know he had actually signed for Burnley and thought he was on loan?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Potter would get James going in no time in my opinion, some players just respond to certain managers.

For the right price, and lets say for example Tross went I would not be against us exploring this option if GP thought it was a good move

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Yeah well both of these can be ruled out very very quickly for obvious reasons.

I'm torn. He's not been a success in the PL but he was really brilliant in Swansea with Potter in charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3MTjDDt7p4

I would love to see them work together again but not any cost.

You’ve probably seen more of James than me, so I’m prepared to accept that there’s something there that could be brought out, but it seems a risk.

Whenever I saw him on the telly in a Manchester United shirt, he looked really out of his depth. I will trust in our manager and recruitment team. We don’t know if either side would be keen on a reunion atm.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Athletic reporting that we're interested in Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic, who we've been linked with before
[tweet]1526119314243346438[/tweet]

the bad news is of course Benfica have apparently got him lined up as a Nunez replacement

If we get a striker from Germany I think Jonathan Butkardt would be a much better bet.
Suits our style of play perfectly.
He’s young, a good passer, pacey and great in the press.
Scored plenty of good goals for a mediocre side this season but fluffed a few too.

I’d be amazed if he’s not on our radar as he fits our transfer policy to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Serious clean out of ‘the development squad’? Good grief, no! They are our future. So many of them likely to go out on loans, watching our loanees will be just as exciting as it has been this year.
Previous loanees have done great for us - Sanchez, White, Moder, Mac, Caicedo and Alzate for example. A couple more of the same every season and the development squad is doing a fantastic job.

Obviously not the good ones, but in ten years we could play all of them so…

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
If we get a striker from Germany I think Jonathan Butkardt would be a much better bet.
Suits our style of play perfectly.
He’s young, a good passer, pacey and great in the press.
Scored plenty of good goals for a mediocre side this season but fluffed a few too.

I’d be amazed if he’s not on our radar as he fits our transfer policy to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep seen him a couple of times, seems like our sort of player. if we do bring another striker it'll probably be because we've sold maupay so therefore we'd probably go for someone similar who can offer the running that he does

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just thinking about this some more.

I'll take Bissouma[OUT], Østigård[OUT] and Enciso[IN] as done.

So beyond that, unless a poacher comes along, then for me the only significant further transfer issue this window is to resolve the Duffy/Clarke/New signing choice ( I assume van Hecke will be in the squad ).

Other than that :

- what to do with Cochrane and Connolly ?
- ship out Andone
- send out a load of players on loans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here