Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You're in charge of the summer rebuild: who goes, who stays and who joins?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry mate it wasn't a critism. People expecting big signings are going to be disappointed. You are totally right about Sanchez, White and Caicedo
Please do not assume I am against what the club is trying to do. I am looking forward to other young players being given a chance. I said earlier in this thread I do not expect major incomings whoever leaves.

Maybe I worded my post wrong

No worries. .i think we are already benefitting from the investment in talent (whether thats punts on teenagers or progress through the academy and loans and that started well before Potter arrived. I'm sure it will continue to happen. That said it would be unusual if there weren't several major incomings this summer (and multiple other ins/outs) because thats normal and i don't think anythings changed. Certain areas of the pitch need an upgrade and Bloom will support it regardless of whether there's a big high profile exit or not.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His season's over, what's the issue?
There isn't one - just that some Connolly haters will cotton on to anything that suits their agenda. Even posting that he's left, when clearly he hasn't, not yet anyway. :facepalm:

Expect a large number of PL footballers to be sunning themselves on faraway beaches with a good supply of vino on the next few weeks. Disgraceful!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"We're just a team full of strikers"...

Welbeck
Maupay
Undav
Andone
Connolly
Zeqiri
Sima
Ferguson

Something has to give as strikers don't exactly have the lowest wages.

Plenty to be shipped/loaned out there before we even contemplate the annual striker hunt.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
No worries. .i think we are already benefitting from the investment in talent (whether thats punts on teenagers or progress through the academy and loans and that started well before Potter arrived. I'm sure it will continue to happen. That said it would be unusual if there weren't several major incomings this summer (and multiple other ins/outs) because thats normal and i don't think anythings changed. Certain areas of the pitch need an upgrade and Bloom will support it regardless of whether there's a big high profile exit or not.

Thanks

As you say money is available for the right players, as the interest in Nunez and Gonsalez proved.

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we had signed Rodrigo? A 29 year old who had already failed once in England with no re-sale value? He was pants yesterday!

The club must be doing something right

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
His season's over, what's the issue?
If I was on millions a year and had the choice to join my team for another couple of weeks to train with them and lend a hand or go off getting sh1tfaced in Ibiza. I would do the former.

Difference between a proper professional and a kid that's going to end up on the scrap heap soon.

He could learn a lot from player like lallana, veltman and wellbeck.

......unless it's been decided he's already leaving I guess.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Welbeck
Maupay
Undav
Andone
Connolly
Zeqiri
Sima
Ferguson

Plenty to be shipped/loaned out there before we even contemplate the annual striker hunt.

I think we’ll have Welbeck & Undav next season, probably Maupay too.

Andone and Connolly should be sold in my opinion with the rest loaned out (Cardiff are keen on Zeqiri but he has disappointed in Germany so won’t make next seasons squad and could go on a permanent).

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Welbeck - STAY
Maupay - STAY (maybe - depends if someone comes in with a big bud)
Undav - STAY
Andone - FREE
Connolly - SELL/LOAN
Zeqiri - LOAN (Cardiff?)
Sima - LOAN
Ferguson - LOAN

So we might end up with just two recognised strikers - money saved to splash out on Nunez...;)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Serious clean out of ‘the development squad’, there must be unaccounted-for players hiding in cupboards down at Lancing it’s so large, and invest associated monies in proven PL quality players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Serious clean out of ‘the development squad’, there must be unaccounted-for players hiding in cupboards down at Lancing it’s so large, and invest associated monies in proven PL quality players.

Liverpool, Man City etc invest in "Proven PL quality players". Brighton aren't in that market. They invest in youth (Caicedo, Sarmiento, Moder), hope they will step up (Webster, Maupay), or hope they can given them a few more years (Welbeck, Lallana) or can show promise in La Liga / Bundesliga in the PL (Cucurella) . Can't afford £40 - £100m on that type of player and won't.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd be shocked if Welbeck doesnt stay. I dont think any club better or bigger than Brighton would have much interest in him. He is a good striker but also aging and not exactly scoring a dozen goals every season.

Maupay... we'll see what happens. I think he will leave. You can't have a man like that mainly on the bench, its like having a pet wasp. Bound to be trouble at some point.

Undav won't be loaned out and will probably be the primary Welbeck option.

Zeqiri/Sima/Connolly are all probably going somewhere. Sima on loan presumably, while I don't think the club would reject bids for Zeqiri and Connolly (more likely they're also off on loan though).

Another striker coming in wouldn't surprise me but I also wouldn't be shocked if we just go with Welbeck and Undav next season.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Serious clean out of ‘the development squad’? Good grief, no! They are our future. So many of them likely to go out on loans, watching our loanees will be just as exciting as it has been this year.
Previous loanees have done great for us - Sanchez, White, Moder, Mac, Caicedo and Alzate for example. A couple more of the same every season and the development squad is doing a fantastic job.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Please move heaven and earth to keep the squad together especially Bissouma and Trossard and Welbeck. These are elite footballers - two of whom are BANG in their prime and Danny possibly getting back near to his prime International form now that he (finally) appears fit. It's virtually impossible to replace these players with ones off the production line. While we're at it, Pascal Gross is an attacking midfielder. One of the best this club has ever had. He still has a lot to offer, especially if he's at the top end of the pitch. Let's have a RIGHT GO at getting #ateamlikeBrighton European football or a cup.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Sure but I think he has probably done enough to earn himself a bigger move. Certainly wouldn't mind him coming though.

Most probably yes but it would be amiss of us not to enquire at that price wouldn't it? You never know he might be swayed by our style of football and regular game time plus our not standing in the way of a future big move.

I'd imagine there'd be a lot of teams interested at 17.5 million. As there aren't really any realistic Everton or Leeds players I'd like us to buy I think I might switch my favoured relegation candidate to Burnley...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here